Obi's Aurora Indica - Indoor - T5 - Perlite Hempy

Obi obi obi, mah man! I am glad I caught this post! All you need to test edibles is about 14g . My recipe at the moment calls for 3 cups oil 3 ounces grounds 1tbsp soy lecithin and 4 cups ish water but its very scalable! 1/2 cup oil(coconut oil or butter, butter tends to lose a lot of milk solids in the process so I use coconut oil) 14g buds decarbed (baked for 10-15 m at 275f) a pinch of lecithin (or not just holds more canas and thc this way) and fill a small pot half way with water. lightly heat(dont let boil) for 2-3 h, strain and cool in fridge overnight. TADA! 1 recipes worth of canna oil/butter :)

I also measure my oil in grams and not cups. 2 cups is 454g 1 cup is 227, 1/2 is 113g.

Let me know if you need help or want suggestions!

(Also edited to include other quips and things I forgot!) Use whatever you have, I mean I am lucky with what I use but I've used trim before too and still do include some in many batches. I would start with those measurements anyways, no matter what you are using and go from there. You could technically get more potency by adding more bud to the same amount of oil. Some recipes (like oatmeal cookies) you can double you oil/butter and still have decent cookies as well.

I just ground up a couple fan leaves, sauteed them in butter and made eggs!

Point being, you can use however much or little you want, and use the trimmings you may not want to vape. The butter is the medium by which the THC/CBD/CBN is carried out of the plant matter and into what ever food you choose to eat. You can play it by ear depending on how much plant matter you have. Slow and low simmer until the butter is an unreal green, strain through a coffee filter, make dinner. But be careful as it is a different stone and lasts a lot longer. That's why I like it! Pain free for 6 to 12 hours from a nice dinner or for 2 hours from a smoke with the same amount. Those video recipes use a lot only because they have a lot.

Damn. You said brownies and ice cream and that will be all i can think of today....

:peace:

Alright. You guys have convinced me to try some decarboxylation on a smaller scale. Thank you for all of the great info and encouragement!

/Obi Wan
:love:

At the risk of making myself the person in the class with the silly and obviously horrible idea, I am going to propose an idea for testing this evening...

Problem: Safely heating and maintaining a consistent, controlled heat of a small amount of cooking oil or butter over several hours duration.

Solution 1: Test a small 4 inch crock pot that I have on hand for temperature
Solution 2: Test a small electric fragrance oil/wax warmer for temperature

Solution 2 intrigues me. Many, many people have these electric scented oil warmers in their homes already. I wonder if they can be cleaned and safely repurposed. Perhaps an inexpensive alternative appliance for oil infusion on a micro scale?

Hmm. I am compelled to ask questions and test!

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

If it is going to be a small amount of butter and cannabis, then maybe don't aim for simmering so very long...

Some people use those fancy cooking thermometers, which I want, when making a larger quantity of butter and aim for a steady temp (say between 220 and 300). If you like gadgets buy one of those and test the crock pot and warmer with water first to see which produces the most reliable temp.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Things I want to do are often trumped by things I must do. Such is the day in the life of a husband and father.

I didn't get a chance to test the warmers last night. There is just not enough hours in a day to get all the things done that I want to. I'm looking forward to the kids finishing school and not having any more homework to deal with, lol. The new methods of teaching math in particular are driving me nuts. I know the final answers, it's grade school math, but how they are taught to arrive at the final answer these days is beyond me. The teachers make extra efforts to explain to the students that their parents are likely to not understand any of these new methods. Seriously. It's math. Just add 9 and 4 and be done with it... It will save us boys and girls (oops, purple penguins) tears and frustration.

Anyway...

I have several different thermometers on hand I can use. Both liquid and digital types. One has an alarm for a max temp that can be set which is handy. I will see if I can get some free time tonight :) I'm going to test cooking oils first since they can tolerate higher temps before smoking or burning. I will take those numbers and see if they are in a safe range to test cooking butters. A side note for the reader: cooking butters typically do not contain added salt. That's why I refer to "cooking butter" specifically. I don't think I want the salt in there. I can always add it later!

/Obi
:peace:

Log Date:
10/16/2014
Growth Stage:Flower
Veg Days (Weeks):61d (8w)
Flower Days (Weeks):16d (2w)
Total Days (Weeks):77d (11w)
Health:Healthy
Canopy Temp Max: 90F/32C
Canopy Temp Min:63F/17C
Ceiling Temp Avg:78F/25C
Floor Temp Avg:75/23C
RH Min:31%
RH Max:
64%
Water Type:
RO
GH Flora-Grow:
1ml
GH Flora-Micro:4ml
GH Flora-Bloom:6ml
GH CALiMAGic5ml
pH:5.7
PPM:900
Light Schedule:
12/12

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
Red 3000K

Notes: Fed 1.3gal each. No run off.

Too tired to type. Stats n pics tonight...

Buds are beginning to stack :)

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Critical information for the next AI grow.

Looking at some earlier pictures from this grow it appears the Aurora Indica plants grew 9in(23cm) since Oct 1. So, about 4 to 5 inches (10-12cm) per week during flower stretch.

Noted.
/Obi Wan
:morenutes:

The pictures tell it all Obi! Somebody sprinkled sugar on your leaves! :peace:

Gnomes!

My youngest daughter has been building little gnome homes out back. I bet one of those little buggers snuck in through the passive vent :/ We've spotted some signs of their presence outside this fall but this is the first I've seen any traces in the house!

Hmmm
/Obi
:rofl:

Obi, not a criticism at all man, but a good LED in there would also minimize that stretch. Just saying. I know you've spoken about the possibility of LED's, and it doesn't look like excessive stretch was an issue for you this round, but just food for thought.

stay chilly :cool:

Over the last week I have observed increasing signs of normal Nitrogen fade on random lower foliage as well as the dropping of spent and now useless leaves. I pulled about 4 leaves off of the cabinet floor and perhaps another 15 or so from various areas in and around the lower plant growth last night. I'm hoping they will drop a few more leaves on their own soon (in a healthy way) to increase light penetration.

Buds on all six mains are filling in very nicely. The top 12 inches of canopy is about all this T5 can penetrate which really drives home the importance of a squat plant for an optimal T5 grow.

Previous research leads me to believe these AI do not like to be fussed with too much and prefer a single main cola and a slightly longer than average veg time. I added a couple weeks to veg to compensate for the topping. I am a little reluctant to defoliate again knowing what I know about their historical growth tendencies.

For now I'm just going to continue feeding them regularly, keep them tidy and watch what they do :)

/Obi

Obi, not a criticism at all man, but a good LED in there would also minimize that stretch. Just saying. I know you've spoken about the possibility of LED's, and it doesn't look like excessive stretch was an issue for you this round, but just food for thought.

stay chilly :cool:

I like food and I like thoughts!

I'm completely on board with your LED suggestion my friend. I definitely have some T5 stretch. My internodes are a little gappy but it's expected.

I've been a little quiet lately but I am closely watching your LED adventures as well as a few others here :) Really good stuff going on.

/Obi Wan
:high-five:

Clean healthy looking plants reflect the environment they are in. Clinical environment, detailed notes and unique attention to detail. +reps sir!

Looking good mr canabanoid,you have taught yourself well,very well indeed you have. I'm pleased to say that mines aren't looking a great deal different my friend,thanks for your input wise one. Yourself among others are helping me achieve my goal,after this I might just take over the world or create world peace.lol.pipe dreams people,pipe dreams.still dreams all the same.
Peace out
Dusty

Back
Top Bottom