OldMedMan Goes Indoors Part 2

In some parts of Fla, it's tradition. I can drive to the site of the old McCoy boat works in a couple minutes. The McCoy brothers built the fast boats for the Feds, FDLE*, and even the Coast Guard during prohibition. Thing was....the brothers were "Rumrunners"....smugglers. They always were careful to make their own boats just a bit faster. They brought in top shelf, European booze from the Bahamas....were extremely sucessful....and were NEVER caught. Their booze was the best! The "real McCoy"
Everglades City....where EVERYONE in town....gas station attendant, to the mayor, to the waitress at the diner.....everyone was involved somehow in the import of Jamacian herbal goodness :)
I think it was the Rolex on the dude pumping gas....or maybe it was the 70 year old librarian in the Maserati....perhaps the police cheif with the sport plane collection....but the gig was up. It was decided that they couldn't put everyone in jail, so they put no one in jail. They took all the cool stuff, and big bank accounts and made the town promise to never do it again:high-five:
any wonder why I love ol' Florida:Namaste:
Peace y'all :)

In some parts of Fla, it's tradition. I can drive to the site of the old McCoy boat works in a couple minutes. The McCoy brothers built the fast boats for the Feds, FDLE*, and even the Coast Guard during prohibition. Thing was....the brothers were "Rumrunners"....smugglers. They always were careful to make their own boats just a bit faster. They brought in top shelf, European booze from the Bahamas....were extremely sucessful....and were NEVER caught. Their booze was the best! The "real McCoy"
Everglades City....where EVERYONE in town....gas station attendant, to the mayor, to the waitress at the diner.....everyone was involved somehow in the import of Jamacian herbal goodness :)
I think it was the Rolex on the dude pumping gas....or maybe it was the 70 year old librarian in the Maserati....perhaps the police cheif with the sport plane collection....but the gig was up. It was decided that they couldn't put everyone in jail, so they put no one in jail. They took all the cool stuff, and big bank accounts and made the town promise to never do it again:high-five:

I remember that!! That is the town of a thousand islands. When the feds would chase them. They would whip in and around all the little mangrove islands and loose them!!! Been grouper fishing out of there several times. Real Grouper.... Not Square!! LOL!! Yes, Florida is not as fun any more!!:peace:

Hi OMM,

Love lookin' at the girls...beauties, every one of them, as usual.

Sounds like it's a good thing you like cranberry sauce.. :) I don't. But I didn't do a traditional thanksgiving day meal either...We had ham.

Tony...it's a good thing she remembered her way home. Who needs that sh*t anyway. She sounds too spoiled. JMO

:circle-of-love:

hey "bigdad" those ladies are looking so so so sexy!!:love: im high just looking at the pics!

tony sounds like a snob/snot i prefer by a million miles the down to earth "real" type of person,i say good riddance!! and go in :peace:

i have recently gotten into curing meats so for thanksgiving i brined/water cured our 22lb bird (you need "pink salt" ) for 8 hours and used a reynolds" baking bag" i did not baste at all, and i gotta tell ya it was the most succulent tender moist melt in your mouth bird i have ever tasted barre none! we could not stop eating it!!! you should try that for xmas all i put on it after the brineing was pepper, sage, and some butter the meat was pinkish and could be cut with a carrot!!! lol i had to share my discovery/success :peace::adore::high-five:

Chopper, you should be writing stories not me! :circle-of-love:

Hi OMM,

Love lookin' at the girls...beauties, every one of them, as usual.

Sounds like it's a good thing you like cranberry sauce.. :) I don't. But I didn't do a traditional thanksgiving day meal either...We had ham.

Tony...it's a good thing she remembered her way home. Who needs that sh*t anyway. She sounds too spoiled. JMO

:circle-of-love:

Hi Young Lady ! :circle-of-love:

Thanks about my girls. I had to bring them all in today. We're having high winds here. Up to 40 mph. Last grow....outside....I had two girls absolutely destroyed by the wind. Not this time! :thumb:

Personally, I like ham too.........but Jo had to have turkey......baby backs would have been good too. :love: I'm not going after any leftovers this year!:circle-of-love:

Yep! Tony was spoiled and she spoiled me too. I'm actually am glad I had that once in a life time experience. I will aways remember her with good feelings. Was just what I needed at the time. :thumb:

hey "bigdad" those ladies are looking so so so sexy!!:love: im high just looking at the pics!

tony sounds like a snob/snot i prefer by a million miles the down to earth "real" type of person,i say good riddance!! and go in :peace:

i have recently gotten into curing meats so for thanksgiving i brined/water cured our 22lb bird (you need "pink salt" ) for 8 hours and used a reynolds" baking bag" i did not baste at all, and i gotta tell ya it was the most succulent tender moist melt in your mouth bird i have ever tasted barre none! we could not stop eating it!!! you should try that for xmas all i put on it after the brineing was pepper, sage, and some butter the meat was pinkish and could be cut with a carrot!!! lol i had to share my discovery/success :peace::adore::high-five:

Hey there Doode ! :Namaste:

I'm really proud of my girls this time......boy do they like nutes...they just suck em up! :morenutes:

Yep, Tony was spoiled, however, at the time she was just what I needed after the deal with RS. So it kind of balanced out.

Your "Bird" sounds wonderful. Pink salt? I once loved to cook too. No one to cook for now. That turkey of yours would feed Jo and I for a long time. :bravo:

Pop's just looking back apage or two and seen a cure to some of your problems on that inside grow........ Super cropping. Make the plants height uniform and you get better usages out of your lites. I was looking back and seen a group shot and you got on that's stretched aways out there. It doesn't really hurt the plant and after afew days that stem is even stronger that the start. You can snappen over to fit the footprints of the lights. I know you do alot of moving around with them, but for the permante ones it works great. I got two going now and both are supper cropped to fit a pot and even out the weight of the tops. Whew if that makes any sense
Keepem Green Pop's

Thanks for dropping in my journal OMM, needed some moral support. How r the ladies doing, last i saw them they looked great. Happy Holidays. Just put up the tree and lights for the little one.:thumb:

Pop's just looking back apage or two and seen a cure to some of your problems on that inside grow........ Super cropping. Make the plants height uniform and you get better usages out of your lites. I was looking back and seen a group shot and you got on that's stretched aways out there. It doesn't really hurt the plant and after afew days that stem is even stronger that the start. You can snappen over to fit the footprints of the lights. I know you do alot of moving around with them, but for the permante ones it works great. I got two going now and both are supper cropped to fit a pot and even out the weight of the tops. Whew if that makes any sense
Keepem Green Pop's

Hi Sprout! Well old Buddy, on the big girls I decided not to super crop them. I have the upward space so I let them go. The other four girls....I super cropped the hell out of them. I'll post some pics of them soon. They are now in the tent too. Was getting cold? Outside and brought them in. 40 mile an hour winds right now.
They will now get some big light on them while the weather is bad.
I know you are absolutely right about the super cropping. As you always are!:high-five:

Thanks for dropping in my journal OMM, needed some moral support. How r the ladies doing, last i saw them they looked great. Happy Holidays. Just put up the tree and lights for the little one.:thumb:

Hi cola bear. :high-five:

Glad I could support you anyway I could, moral or other wise. I remember my first grow....no one looked in for days......actually they shouldn't have, it was awful.:loopy::smokin::yahoo:

The tree for the little one sounds great. :Namaste:

Jo and I used to have big old Christmases when all our kids and their kids were all here. Now all we do is put a wreath on the front door. Don't feel bad....it's easier for us now.:green_heart::xmas:

The girls are fine!

Had to stop by and check out My Homie OMM's garden.. You have the most beautiful ladies my friend.... Keep doing what you do..... I wish I could grow outside in November.....

:bravo:

OMM i told myself i will carry on with this mega christmas tree going up these crazy stairs as long as i have the knees, back, and little ones to do this for, and when the knees and back give out these little ones better be big and help, and when they are gone (as sad as that day will be) i think the wreath hanging is a dam good idea. Aloha my friend.:Namaste:

ps. thanks for dropping in again i hope this grow goes well, its all about time, and if i have enough of it. I think i gotta let them veg for another 2 weeks minimum another month or more would be great but donʻt know. like the supper cropping, i think when i use the tent i may just veg for like 3 months then flip switch and just supper crop the whole time.:high-five:

Had to stop by and check out My Homie OMM's garden.. You have the most beautiful ladies my friend.... Keep doing what you do..... I wish I could grow outside in November.....

:bravo:

Hey Light-1-Up ! Happy Holidays Buddy.

I wish I could grow outside too...they got me again... back inside again. Damn thieves! :thanks:

ps. thanks for dropping in again i hope this grow goes well, its all about time, and if i have enough of it. I think i gotta let them veg for another 2 weeks minimum another month or more would be great but donʻt know. like the supper cropping, i think when i use the tent i may just veg for like 3 months then flip switch and just supper crop the whole time.:high-five:

Hi hear you kola bear. :bravo: When your old, a wreath is perfect...the idea is let the kids invite you over. Unfortunately my kids are scattered all over place. :smokin:

You have the right idea.....once in a tent....long veg then super crop. :bravo:

Hey Light-1-Up ! Happy Holidays Buddy.

I wish I could grow outside too...they got me again... back inside again. Damn thieves! :thanks:

That is so messed up my friend, damn theives! Sorry to hear about that load up the 12 guage and lets go for a hunt...

Happy Holidays to you as well

Hey there Doode ! :Namaste:

I'm really proud of my girls this time......boy do they like nutes...they just suck em up! :morenutes:

Yep, Tony was spoiled, however, at the time she was just what I needed after the deal with RS. So it kind of balanced out.

Your "Bird" sounds wonderful. Pink salt? I once loved to cook too. No one to cook for now. That turkey of yours would feed Jo and I for a long time. :bravo:

lol yup i feel ya on the nutes!:morenutes: my girls have been chugging down all i throw at them!:morenutes: its been crazy seeing how much they can take and not so much as a titter from them:morenutes: just gulp n grow more n more,:morenutes: but as you know they are going on a diet for a bit till i get my bpn!! whoo hooo!! i wonder what they will do then? lol lil' piggy girls!,:morenutes:
pink salt is a sodium nitrate/nitrite mixture sometimes called Prague powder, its what bacon,corned beef,ham etc. is made with, im always experimenting with things, learning is an addiction for me and reading is not enough i gotta get my hands dirty too!
the turkey is feeding us 3 squares a day lol! dinner will be spiffy's homemade pot pie!!:thumb::morenutes:
be well "bigdad" the girls are amazing i go look at them often:peace:

Back
Top Bottom