Oldsmokey Grows Blue Cheese & Blueberry With Promix

:goodluck:

I am cheap will be a DIY setup.

I received this pep talk & thought it could be like, paid forward...
just proves your a true Canadian , Frugal & Ingenuitive. All you need now is your broken sherwood pmp 5030 paul coffey holding up your plants.
and I'm pretty sure hillbillyish is a word :laughtwo:

I'm not sure if any of this may help a short term problem or a quick fix but the coffee trick sounds easy enough to try out.

Ways to Lower Soil pH (Make Soil Acidic)

Soil pH can be lowered by half a point—from 7.0 to 6.5, for example—by increasing soil nitrogen. Adding compost, manure, or organic soil amendments like alfalfa meal to the soil can help drop pH over time by increasing bacterial populations.

There's a myth that coffee grounds (2-0-0) are a quick fix for lowering soil pH. Most of the organic acids in coffee are water-soluble, and flush out into the brew. Coffee grounds have a pH around 6.8, close to neutral, so they won't do much to lower pH. They do add a little nitrogen, so they can help reduce pH over time, just like manure or compost.

If you need to drop soil pH more quickly, try watering your plants with leftover (cold) coffee, diluted 50-50 with water. This works especially well for houseplants and container vegetables.

To lower soil pH by larger amounts (more than half a point), use Elemental Sulfur, sometimes called “Flowers of Sulfur”.

When using sulfur for changing soil pH, be aware that the acidifying effect depends on soil bacteria (thiobacillius), which oxidize the sulfur and release dilute sulfuric acid into the soil over a period of weeks to months.

Because the acidifying effect of sulfur depends on soil bacteria:

• The sulfur must be dispersed through the soil to be in contact with these bacteria. Make sure you mix the sulfur thoroughly into the soil. Otherwise, there will be strongly acidic areas around blobs of sulfur, and no effect elsewhere in the soil.
    Sulfur only works during the summer, when the soil is warm and bacterial activity is at its highest.
    Sulfur is not a quick-fix for changing soil pH. After application there is a delay of several weeks to several months before soil bacteria break down the sulfur to acidify the soil.
[SOURCE]

I wonder if tea works? My mom used to feed her plants whatever was left in the tea pot when it got cold? HHmmm what was my Mom up to? lol

Hey Smokey it looks great! I'm watching. I am thinking about the coffee.... I may add a diluted batch to my feeding to help me. I am wondering if that would help a little? Thanks so much for the journal. I am learning alot

Hope your well Smokey. :love:

Hey Smokey it looks great! I'm watching. I am thinking about the coffee.... I may add a diluted batch to my feeding to help me. I am wondering if that would help a little? Thanks so much for the journal. I am learning alot

Hope your well Smokey. :love:
I don't know what the coffee will do. If your going to try it maybe just 1 or 2 plants at first to see there reaction. No thank you for convincing me to start a journal. I am learning lots to and having fun at the same time.

Take care be safe:high-five:

From everything I've been told and everything I've read, the pH of what you pour through has no effect on the pH of the medium.
Ok its just a hard concept for me. I understand the science behind it. But 30+ years of treating pH like gospel is a hard thing for me to let go. Really the only difference from this grow to the last is I did adjust the pH last time and different strains. I checked the plants are still standing this morning after the concoction I fed him last night.

Day 48 Flower
Good evening everyone

Not to much has changed either way there is minimal new grow that consists of some foxtailing. Last night was feed night if you missed my post last night explains the feeding.

Light on temp
IMG_20200825_180517.jpg

Group Shot
IMG_20200824_185353.jpg
IMG_20200824_185338.jpg

Blue Cheese#3
IMG_20200825_180234.jpg
IMG_20200825_180243.jpg

Blue Cheese#2
IMG_20200825_180258.jpg
IMG_20200825_180304.jpg
IMG_20200825_180310.jpg