Outdoor Pineapple Chunk & Blue Dream

re: Outdoor Pineapple Chunk & Blue Dream

Ha ha, yeah bro!! Bet you were stressing about them? We fuck em up, not nature, well to a point, you know what I mean, lol...beautiful man...look at that pc!! Holy shitezenhowsen... Can't tell in the pic with the blue dream. It'd be showing its sex/pre flowers? She freaking huge, to think she'll still stretch more... Wish I could see her better.. How's critters been?
Hows the work man? what was the river like? Enjoy some cold frothys..

Damn straight Grizz, nature good mostly. I was close to using 1/2 pots, 1/2 in the ground this year, don't think they'd have made it another week w/o rain even in the ground, but who knows. Starting this grow hoping to be able to leave them for 2 weeks and now that's doubled. It's been 101 degrees (38 celcius) here 3 days in a row now. I'm gonna treat 'em well next 2 weeks and we should be coming into more often rains soon. Got out to 3 more this afternoon, one really going off PC and 2 Blue Dreams that are way ahead of the big bushy one. Went back to check her and indeed she's getting a start herself.

Critters have left me alone same with the bugs, though I do have one branch of one plant that has some bark junk, not sure just what it is? Gonna do a bit of researching it tonight. Of course I just finished watering 5 of my older plants and 6 clones, dry as it is, will have to see if the critters dig for water tonight.

Work was ok, pretty damn tough for an old fart in this heat and in the engine room, damn sure ain't 30 no more. Though I run circles around the 30 years old, not hard if you leave your cell phone in your stateroom when your on watch :sleep: River was AWESOME dude! loved it! Got a rum & coke going and fixing' to spark one :passitleft:

Thanks Brother

Those are some mighty fine plants Cap'n :thumb:

I don't know the answer to the flowering question.

Looks like a happy homecoming overall :high-five:

Happy homecoming indeed Bapple, Thanks for stopping by. Turns out all the old gals (the 5 I've made it to) have started flowering, the PC really into building now. Gave water today, gonna bring them some food next :morenutes: They've for the most part made it on their own so far, but I think I'll spoil some while home this next 2 weeks.

:Namaste:

Hello Capt. I saw your question over at Ms. Bapple's yard & always ready to join another outdoor grow. Great journal & pictures. Love the South....spent much time there for work & still try to make it to Jazz Fest every now & then.

Re your Q. I'm at 37º N & flowering starts 2nd half of July into early Aug. This yr. a Girl Scout Cookie was in full flower by 7/11 followed by a Purple Diesel ~1 wk. later. Others are still chugging along in late veg/early transition.

Great gardening work on your herb farm!:Namaste:

:welcome: brightlite and thank you for stopping by. I'm at 32 N, and apparently mine got started just after I left for work 25 days ago on July 7, which fits right in with what you've experienced. By chance ever grown one of these 2 in your area? Blue Dream & Pineapple Chunk?

I've got 4 more of my older plants to check tomorrow, but I expect the same. Now just deciding how to feed them :scratchinghead: and set them up for a good finish. :wood:

:passitleft:

I myself can't get enough of watching the outdoor grows :surf:

back out this afternoon, damn it's hot! looked at 3 more of my older gals, (1) PC and (2) Blue Dreams. Water them and the other two from earlier today, along with 6 clones.

All the Blue Dreams are in flower mode, the big bushy one just getting a later start than the other two. My most healthy PC is really off to the races.

Notice how the big difference of phenos in these two PCs. I've read of much problems with this and this breeder/supplier. I like the smoke so much I may experiment with taking a flowering clone or tow from each to try and re-veg for mothers inside. Maybe not, I got enough going on jimminey crickets! So the two PCs:

best_PC_3.JPG
best_PC_1.JPG
Best_PC_tops_.JPG
Best_PC.JPG
B_PC_2.JPG

close_up43.JPG

IMG_20150730_140243.jpg
IMG_20150730_121934924.jpg
IMG_20150730_121754885.jpg
IMG_20150730_121912734.jpg
IMG_20150730_121712794.jpg
IMG_20150730_121727071.jpg
IMG_20150730_121745651.jpg

some Blue Dreams getting started, sorry bout the sideways pics, out of my control with :420::

Bd_just_get_started.JPG
BD_start.JPG

flower_start1.JPG

shitty pic of the bark problem branch on one plant:

bark_strippers.JPG

:welcome: brightlite and thank you for stopping by. I'm at 32 N, and apparently mine got started just after I left for work 25 days ago on July 7, which fits right in with what you've experienced. By chance ever grown one of these 2 in your area? Blue Dream & Pineapple Chunk?

:wood:

I myself can't get enough of watching the outdoor grows :surf:

No Capt., haven't grown either but have grown 3 of the 4 parents of BD & PC. Have a PC seed waiting in line (long lines over here). Haha....your 2nd visit to your BD's answered your question. Did you see the NorCal young lady's journal who grew the king sized BD last yr? Looking good your way!:Namaste:

No Capt., haven't grown either but have grown 3 of the 4 parents of BD & PC. Have a PC seed waiting in line (long lines over here). Haha....your 2nd visit to your BD's answered your question. Did you see the NorCal young lady's journal who grew the king sized BD last yr? Looking good your way!:Namaste:

Yes sir, I did see NorCal journal of the giant BD's, in fact I had high hopes of some big trees in the beginning then got scared (illegal here) when they shot up to 3 foot, I started bending, and training like crazy. The BD is a very tolerant plant, I plan to dig some really big holes for next year in some new spots and let 'em grow big. We have good dirt here, big time farm country, the places I'm planting is all converted from old farms to new hardwood tree (for wildlife) growth via a gov. incentive program.

I found a few outdoor BD grows but very little on the PC outdoors. I had some Green Crack seeds that were not very viable and only managed to get 2 out of 5 up but they burnt up early in the game due to no water and high temps. I really like that strain for smoke and hope to source some better seeds next year. I'm definitely green with envy of you Cali growers.

Your grows look awesome, love the colors on your indoor and look forward to watching your outdoor projects finish. Looks like we'll be close in finishing. I've got two weeks off work then back to work for 28 days, so hopefully just in time for harvest of the PC. Will only be 8 weeks on the BD so I'll have to make a decision on what to do with them before going back out in mid Oct. As of now I'm contemplating a partial chop of the BD and perhaps letting the smaller lower buds go another 28 days :scratchinghead:. I'll cross that bridge if I can get that far along :wood:

Any other sweet outdoor grows you may recommend please feel free to send me some links. Thanks again brightlight.

:slide::slide:

Well I got out to my last 4 older girls today. the 2 Blue Dreams look well, one is my tallest plant @ 6' and even had a bird's nest in it. One of the PC's looks like it had a rough time w/o aqua, no shade leaves hardly at all left on her, just some small bud sites, the other has been scraggly all along and is budding along now, neither will produce much I don't imagine, but I'm going to try and juice 'em both up in a few days and as my Grand Father always said: " do the best you can with what you have salve"

bird_s_nest_2.JPG
BD_4_tops.JPG
BD_31.JPG
Bird_s_nest.JPG

I had some Green Crack seeds that were not very viable and only managed to get 2 out of 5 up but they burnt up early in the game due to no water and high temps. I really like that strain for smoke and hope to source some better seeds next year. I'm definitely green with envy of you Cali growers.

Your grows look awesome, love the colors on your indoor and look forward to watching your outdoor projects finish. Looks like we'll be close in finishing. I've got two weeks off work then back to work for 28 days, so hopefully just in time for harvest of the PC. Will only be 8 weeks on the BD so I'll have to make a decision on what to do with them before going back out in mid Oct. As of now I'm contemplating a partial chop of the BD and perhaps letting the smaller lower buds go another 28 days :scratchinghead:. I'll cross that bridge if I can get that far along :wood:

Any other sweet outdoor grows you may recommend please feel free to send me some links. Thanks again brightlight.

:slide::slide:

Thank you for your kind words Capt. The HSO or Cali Connection GC seeds might be more to your liking. Curious how your plants get fed & watered while you're away for 28 days? That is gardening skill imo! Check out conradino over in Italy or Norcaliwood in OR for some nice outdoor work. Enjoy your time off w/ your plants!

Hey Captain. Nice to see you back. I've been out for the last week - just catching up on the journals now. What a bunch of beauties you have there! Those pictures make me smile. They grew that nice without someone fondling and fussing over them all summer, and they look more natural because of it too.
I won't bother trying to answer your question about flowering cause I won't be able to tell you more than you already know, from staring at the situation on my scratchy cell phone. I read those stories about wild pineapple chunk phenos and flowering times, but I sprouted 4 females (indoors) and they all seemed identical - they look like the one in the batch of pics above the sideways blue dream. I've been cloning and revegging them since the original 4. As for flowering time it's been 12 weeks or so but there's been a human pest (me) slowing them down at times.

Thank you for your kind words Capt. The HSO or Cali Connection GC seeds might be more to your liking. Curious how your plants get fed & watered while you're away for 28 days? That is gardening skill imo! Check out conradino over in Italy or Norcaliwood in OR for some nice outdoor work. Enjoy your time off w/ your plants!

I've come across Coradino, and will look at Norcaliwood. Have you dealt with Cali Connection? HSO doesn't ship to States, like Dutch Passion, seems when I get seeds not directly from breeder I tend to get less quality?

When I started this grow I anticipated 14-15 days away @ work not 28, and was counting on mother nature to take care of the plants for me. I did build my holes to be away, when I dug my holes I dug till I found water, we have a very clay loam here and it holds water well, if I found no water by 2 feet I moved to another spot. Most say not to put plants in holes that are holding water, I figured that since it was spring the water was still there from our rainy winters and would just hold moisture throughout the year. I also used 2 different types of commercial mix that has moisture retaining pellets along with time released fertz. As I've said before I'm in big farm country, and one of the farmers around my place stopped in yesterday, he has lost about 700 acres of soybeans already due to lack of rain and high heat, he was busy with his track hoe digging his draining ditches the last 2 days and told me the soil down there (2-3') is still holding good moisture. Said a lot of his losses were the fact that when the beans came up the genetic was bad and didn't get a good tap started. Another thing I do is take a hand spade and scar the hell out of my holes on the sides and bottom to help the roots get a start in that clay. I wouldn't say it was gardening skills as much as good karma and a bit of preparation, along with lots of luck so far. It is leaving for the next 28 days that's going to kill me with buds coming on and worrying about mold and caterpillars. Have given some thought to not going back but times they are tough in the job field right now. Cross your fingers, toes and wish me luck down the stretch.

Hey Captain. Nice to see you back. I've been out for the last week - just catching up on the journals now. What a bunch of beauties you have there! Those pictures make me smile. They grew that nice without someone fondling and fussing over them all summer, and they look more natural because of it too.

Thanks WC, I'm with you on nature my man, You, Grizz and I seem to be believer in that actually Bapple too. We'll have to see how the final product works out, but airy or dense, should produce good smoke. I probably did mess them up some with paranoia and all the topping, lst, and super cropping. Though I learned a lot as they are probably about 2 feet shorter than I would have liked them. Gets me fired up for next year's outdoor!

I won't bother trying to answer your question about flowering cause I won't be able to tell you more than you already know, from staring at the situation on my scratchy cell phone. I read those stories about wild pineapple chunk phenos and flowering times, but I sprouted 4 females (indoors) and they all seemed identical - they look like the one in the batch of pics above the sideways blue dream. I've been cloning and revegging them since the original 4. As for flowering time it's been 12 weeks or so but there's been a human pest (me) slowing them down at times.

Cool info on the PCs thanks for that. The one PC you are referring to is the best of the 2 I good ones I have left. It is very bushy with lots of big tops, while the other is kinda thin stemmed and much smaller buds though more of them. looking around the forums I see the norm seems to be 72-80 days on the PC, so they should be ripe when I get off the boat 5 weeks from now :adore: Having 14 days off I'll need to harvest and dry pretty soon so I can start a good cure before having to go back out, unless the harvest looks so good I don't need to go back out :Namaste:. I'm down to about 2 grams of smoke and it's several hours to find some so I'll have the same problems as you with the pest control when I return.

Hey Capt. Cali is one of my favorite breeders. Breeder Swerve gets slammed by many on other forums, but others including me love his strains. I've grown 9 CC strains. All were very worthy & a few are permanent rotation strains for me. Some dank fire. I buy everything from seed bank that rhymes with "dude". Now they have another one that rhymes with "royce". Same outfit it seems. Not 420 sponsors. Last buy was from the new counterpart site. Stealth options work...only 1 lost to customs, which was replaced. HSO available from both. Recently considering a direct breeder order as I've been wanting some AK fems. Regs. avail. but fems haven't been released for 2 yrs. Problem solved & will be dropped in Sept.

Spinosad is organic & works well on caterpillars. I haven't had any since I switched to Spinosad but had them every year before that. Bodhi Moon's book speaks well of Hydrosource for moisture retention. Same situation as you for many in Emerald Triangle. Well, ground water or not....some nice gardening going on your way!
:goodjob:

Update:
When I got home I kinda rushed out and did a quick check and water, I gave them all 2 gals. rain water I had stored. Thant was Friday.
Today I have mixed some feed and went out and fed with a mix of my well water (7.0 ph 400 ppm) with distilled water. Before mix of notes water was back down to 7 & 178. I was a bit leery to add the Advanced Nutrients micro with that many ppm, but was looking for a mild mix with the P & K being my focus. I added 1 part AN Micro, then 2x AN Bloom for a 4-6-8 mixture that needed to ph adjustment @ 6.8 & ppm of only 440. Hope the double bloom doesn't shock 'em but with my time constraints I wanted to get a good feeding a good watering then one more good feeding before I have to go back out in a week. I gave each of the plants 4 gals. of this mixture, the soil was dry down 4"s from the watering of only 3 days ago.

I started with 5 (ea.) Blue Dream and Pineapple Chunk. I lost a PC early, have come home to one that is ate up by heat, lack of rain & now caterpillars, I have one 6 foot filmed 4 branch scraggly PC and 2 nice PC's left. All the Blue Dreams are pretty much thriving. So, at the moment we have 3 PC's and 5 BD's left. I have one plant that I found ants and scale on and another with one branch that is very brown but no fuzz. I have found some caterpillar turds on a couple of the other plants, but can find the little boogers anywhere. Of the the 10 clones I took, I have 6 left (1 is a PC, rest BDs) very nice 2 footers. Some of these show caterpillars starting. I have some SAFE BT but have ordered some Monterey Spinosad and will probably apply that when it arrives Wednesday instead of the BT. I have applied neem twice since Thursday.

My biggest fear is of course being gone again for 28 days and the damn caterpillars eating me up. I hope to get 2 to 3 applications of the Spinosad in before leaving and once again come home pleasantly surprised.

Couple of questions for you guys & Gal that have been so helpful to me along the way:

#1: Should I cut the branch off and bag it that has the scale as well as the brown woody one? (I did scrape the scale and wiped with alcohol)

#2: Anyone used the Spinosad? Work with Neem Oil? I have found it ok to use the SAFER BT with Neem.

Thanks friends and fellow growers.

My mixing pot:

IMG_20150802_183923422.jpg

This is the PC that took a hit with the heat and lack of rain and now is being terrorized by Caterpillars:

IMG_20150801_163958038.jpg
IMG_20150801_163944358.jpg

Scale:

IMG_20150801_161616876.jpg

Woody brown dead looking branch:

IMG_20150801_161555153.jpg

Bud shot, they took off with the first watering, hope I didn't mess them up with the big feeding today:

IMG_20150801_161542317.jpg

well, I'm having problems downloading pics, yesterday when feeding I took good shots of all plants to be able to put a face/# to each one for better viewing. I did cut one of the bad branches from my best PC (PC#1) which I forgot to mention when asking questions. I'm going to work on cutting some bamboo for trellising this afternoon and build support on wednesday when I go back to water.

Here are new pics that did download:

BD #1, 5 ft tall x 4 ft wide

BD_12.JPG
BD_1_.JPG
BD_1_tops.JPG

BD #2, 5 ft. tall x 5 1/2-6 ft. wide

BD_2.JPG
BD_2_fan_leave_just_in_time_water.JPG
BD_2_ph.JPG
BD_2_tops.JPG

BD #3, 5 ft. tall x 4 ft. wide

BD_32.JPG
BD_3_top_.JPG
BD_3_tops.JPG

BD #4, I said they were all thriving, but feel I mixed one up with a PC so here is the lanky 6 ft. tall by 2 ft. wide BD:

Bd_4_weakest.JPG
BD_4_worst_BD.JPG
BD_4_6_foot_5_tops.JPG

BD #5, 5 1/2 ft tall by 3 ft wide:

BD_5_good_shot.JPG
BD_5_leggy_girl.JPG
BD_5_tallest_5_1:2_ft.JPG
BD_5_topper.JPG
BD_5_tops.JPG
BD_5_tops_.JPG
BD_5_flower_power.JPG

PC #1, 4 ft tall x 4 ft wide, I took the moldy branch from this one:

PC_1_dead_top.JPG
Dead_top_cut_PC_1.JPG
PC_1.JPG

Hope to have the other PC pics downloaded soon :yummy:

to pick up where we left off.

PC #2, 3 1/2 ft. tall x 2 1/2 ft. wide, very small branches and bud sites compared to PC #1:

PC_2.JPG
PC_2_1.JPG
PC_2_2.JPG

PC #3, wiped out by heat, lack of rain and caterpillars:

PC_3_wiped_out.JPG
PC_3_shitty.JPG
PC_3_whats_left.JPG

PC #4, 4 1/2 ft. tall by 3 ft. wide:

PC_4.JPG
PC_4_scraggly_top.JPG
PC_4.JPG
PC_4_tops.JPG

clones are coming along so so, they need a light feeding but need to run to down for some water first will update all end of week.

Thanks for stopping by :rollit:

Can I play in your backyard?..... Show off, lol....

Back
Top Bottom