Outdoors IKLWA And Cherries Dubelee In MA

LET'S HAVE SOME FUN IN THE SUN
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ
AND CATCH A GOOD BUZZ WHEN WERE DONE
Hello everyone :ciao: I'm super excited for this summer's grow! This year brings a special and historical plant from Leruggeds' Granddads' time. What a story, especially to a time impaired person such as myself! The following is the history as I found it in @weenmeoff 's journal. Thanks Ween :love:!
I have these 4 and will be trying them all at different times! The Cherries DubeLee is one of mine made from a Black Skull Wedding Cake I got from @Dope-Seeds and a Chunky Cherry Thai from KOS.

"From the breeder

The lines were collected by my Grandfather who was a General in the South African Defense Force. He collected wherever in Africa he went for whatever reason.

Over the years he open-pollinated each batch of what he had collected from a specific area. The next year he did another batch, keeping each strain separate to avoid any contamination of genetics.

He did this until just before he passed away.

One day as a teen I was looking for a place to hide my cigarettes from my parents and while pushing the box into the pocket of his old WW2 rain jacket that he had left to me I found a fat pack of envelopes kept together with a rubber band. There was a letter addressed to me explaining the contents of the envelopes and how I should proceed to keep each strain separate.

About a week later I planted the first 20 seeds and got them to flower (thanks to our Malawian gardener). I then bashed the males over the females and collected the resulting seeds.

Then began the next batch.

Over the last 25 years or so I have been keeping the genetics pure. I try not to work the strains too much as I want to preserve the genetic expressions that occasionally pop up. When I do find an absolute winner of a specimen, I'll try to stabilize the favorable traits through backcrossing or selection over a few generations.

I do not use any line that has Hermie traits and have managed to keep that gene as much as possible out of any future lines. As they are landraces, they are like F1000s (lol , pick a number).

I really stress plants out by leaving them in 100km/h winds, not watering until completely limp, chopping, strapping, and cracking as much as possible along with light timing changes. They are strong as fuck. Very resistant to mold too.

The LC- 18 is a cross of two winning plants (Wild lady and Miss Sticky), She will flower late in the season outdoors. Grows long arm branches that fill out with flowers almost all the way to the bottom. Indoors, itโ€™s about your lights I guess. Looking at about 9 to 10 weeks to ripen outdoors but indoors you could take a week off. Buds are fairly tight for sativa and are very resinous. Expect pine, sandalwood, and earth (almost always earth in the African Landraces). The high is crystal clear and both energetic and euphoric and lasts a few hours. Important to note there is no stone here at all. none. High? Yes, very. None of the strains get you stoned, only high.)

Wild lady comes from the Kosi bay area right on the border with Mozambique. It happens to be my favorite place on the planet (google is your friend here) Later flowering with looser nodes than the LC-18. She gets big and grows aggressively when given what she needs. Super hardy and very branchy. You will have to strap her down indoors or you will run out of space. She will double in size at a minimum outdoors in stretch. Denser than average sativa buds sticky with resin and reeking of pine. She takes about 10 weeks outdoors. About the same indoors from my experience. This plant is so wild, you might get one that has the crab clawiest preflower you have ever seen. Don't freak out and give it a couple of days/weeks and eventually two long thick pistils will come out. not so much a crab claw but like a calyx that has two pointy parts.

Iklwa comes from the foot of the Drakensberg mountain range and was likely the same genetics that Shaka Zulu and the Zulu tribe would have consumed/smoked before battle and for ceremonies. The name I have given this strain is the name of the short spear that Shaka introduced. Like the spear, this strain is sharp and what I call Insta-high. The euphoria comes on by the time you have a second hit, or, as you exhale your first. This is a pheno that comes from Miss Sticky. 9 to 10 weeks to flower. Spicy, woody, and earthy are the scents you will likely get. Occasionally floral.

The RDVD is very similar to the Iklwa and comes from the opposite side of the Drakensberg mountains near the Free State province. This plant grows buds that are a bit denser than Iklwa and takes the same to finish. Expect a bit more floral scent here. Super clear high thatโ€™s almost instant. Can be a little fast for new smokers who are prone to anxiety or paranoia."

A special thank you to @Lerugged for taking this seriously and continuing the work! I hope to do the same here in my own small way, weed willing, to my unobtrusive extent. Wish me luck.

IKLWA came out of her seed shell in the paper towel and I kind of freaked a little at planting yesterday. Today she came up! Grow on little one!

Under my favorite multi purpose light the @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro now set at 25% sending 245 PPFD of nurturing PAR!

That's it for today. Waiting for action from the Cherries Dubelee group. Soon!

๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ
Hello everyone :ciao: I'm super excited for this summer's grow! This year brings a special and historical plant from Leruggeds' Granddads' time. What a story, especially to a time impaired person such as myself! The following is the history as I found it in @weenmeoff 's journal. Thanks Ween :love:!
I have these 4 and will be trying them all at different times! The Cherries DubeLee is one of mine made from a Black Skull Wedding Cake I got from @Dope-Seeds and a Chunky Cherry Thai from KOS.

"From the breeder

The lines were collected by my Grandfather who was a General in the South African Defense Force. He collected wherever in Africa he went for whatever reason.

Over the years he open-pollinated each batch of what he had collected from a specific area. The next year he did another batch, keeping each strain separate to avoid any contamination of genetics.

One day as a teen I was looking for a place to hide my cigarettes from my parents and while pushing the box into the pocket of his old WW2 rain jacket that he had left to me I found a fat pack of envelopes kept together with a rubber band. There was a letter addressed to me explaining the contents of the envelopes and how I should proceed to keep each strain separate.

About a week later I planted the first 20 seeds and got them to flower (thanks to our Malawian gardener). I then bashed the males over the females and collected the resulting seeds.

Over the last 25 years or so I have been keeping the genetics pure. I try not to work the strains too much as I want to preserve the genetic expressions that occasionally pop up. When I do find an absolute winner of a specimen, I'll try to stabilize the favorable traits through backcrossing or selection over a few generations.

I do not use any line that has Hermie traits and have managed to keep that gene as much as possible out of any future lines. As they are landraces, they are like F1000s (lol , pick a number).

I really stress plants out by leaving them in 100km/h winds, not watering until completely limp, chopping, strapping, and cracking as much as possible along with light timing changes. They are strong as fuck. Very resistant to mold too.

The LC- 18 is a cross of two winning plants (Wild lady and Miss Sticky), She will flower late in the season outdoors. Grows long arm branches that fill out with flowers almost all the way to the bottom. Indoors, itโ€™s about your lights I guess. Looking at about 9 to 10 weeks to ripen outdoors but indoors you could take a week off. Buds are fairly tight for sativa and are very resinous. Expect pine, sandalwood, and earth (almost always earth in the African Landraces). The high is crystal clear and both energetic and euphoric and lasts a few hours. Important to note there is no stone here at all. none. High? Yes, very. None of the strains get you stoned, only high.)

Wild lady comes from the Kosi bay area right on the border with Mozambique. It happens to be my favorite place on the planet (google is your friend here) Later flowering with looser nodes than the LC-18. She gets big and grows aggressively when given what she needs. Super hardy and very branchy. You will have to strap her down indoors or you will run out of space. She will double in size at a minimum outdoors in stretch. Denser than average sativa buds sticky with resin and reeking of pine. She takes about 10 weeks outdoors. About the same indoors from my experience. This plant is so wild, you might get one that has the crab clawiest preflower you have ever seen. Don't freak out and give it a couple of days/weeks and eventually two long thick pistils will come out. not so much a crab claw but like a calyx that has two pointy parts.

Iklwa comes from the foot of the Drakensberg mountain range and was likely the same genetics that Shaka Zulu and the Zulu tribe would have consumed/smoked before battle and for ceremonies. The name I have given this strain is the name of the short spear that Shaka introduced. Like the spear, this strain is sharp and what I call Insta-high. The euphoria comes on by the time you have a second hit, or, as you exhale your first. This is a pheno that comes from Miss Sticky. 9 to 10 weeks to flower. Spicy, woody, and earthy are the scents you will likely get. Occasionally floral.

The RDVD is very similar to the Iklwa and comes from the opposite side of the Drakensberg mountains near the Free State province. This plant grows buds that are a bit denser than Iklwa and takes the same to finish. Expect a bit more floral scent here. Super clear high thatโ€™s almost instant. Can be a little fast for new smokers who are prone to anxiety or paranoia."

A special thank you to @Lerugged for taking this seriously and continuing the work! I hope to do the same here in my own small way, weed willing, to my unobtrusive extent. Wish me luck.

IKLWA came out of her seed shell in the paper towel and I kind of freaked a little at planting yesterday. Today she came up! Grow on little one!

Under my favorite multi purpose light the @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro now set at 25% sending 245 PPFD of nurturing PAR!

Good Morning Stone.
I'm in:popcorn:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 ๐Ÿ˜Ž

"From the breeder

Wow, that was the coolest story about landrace I ever heard and thank goodness they were preserved. Iโ€™m going to be following this one with great interest. Youโ€™re very fortunate to have them. Edited CL๐Ÿ€

Wow, that was the coolest story about landrace I ever heard and thank goodness they were preserved. Iโ€™m going to be following this one with great interest. I think Iโ€™d kill for some of those seeds btw. CL๐Ÿ€
I think so too Cap'n! This will be some thrill if I can get this to reverse and make seeds for preservation!

Alrighty Ween! :passitleft:I hope they do as well as yours!

Your garden does that for me! Nice to have friends around the world!

Outdoors baby! Will you be firing up the greenhouse?
Will I be firing up the greenhouse?
As soon as it's free from the snow I'm moving it and getting it running.
I'm out of space in the hut, so I need the greenhouse running asap.
I've got 40 or so clones to cut.

Bill284 ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Off and Growing the youngens look Nice
One up!
Love to watch outdoor grows!
Will you be planting these in pots, or directly in the ground?
Hey Mel, right in the ground. I have two holes that are about 3 1/2 cu ft that I filled with fox farms ocean forest and I supplement that with @GeoFlora Nutrients .
Welcome into the world of Otter, lil Iklwa!
She's going to love it!
:popcorn:Pulling up my chair
Nice!
Will I be firing up the greenhouse?
As soon as it's free from the snow I'm moving it and getting it running.
I'm out of space in the hut, so I need the greenhouse running asap.
I've got 40 or so clones to cut.

Bill284 ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Maybe next week for you if mud season allows!

One up!

Hey Mel, right in the ground. I have two holes that are about 3 1/2 cu ft that I filled with fox farms ocean forest and I supplement that with @GeoFlora Nutrients .

She's going to love it!

Nice!

Maybe next week for you if mud season allows!
Tried fishing this morning.
Lost everything on the first drift.
Water is still too high.
It's not raining at least today. :yahoo:

Bill284 ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hope you don't mind if I join you stone, I struggled with your last as I find it difficult connecting so late on but your grows look great so will be a pleasure to see it from the top ๐Ÿ˜
nice nice little bit of history on the strain too ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ I don't see that often and definitely adds to the experience! Looks like like she's praying already ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ โœŒ๐Ÿฝ

Tried fishing this morning.
Lost everything on the first drift.
Water is still too high.
It's not raining at least today. :yahoo:

Bill284 ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Points for trying Bill! I've sat it out! Next time you'll hook up!
Hope you don't mind if I join you stone, I struggled with your last as I find it difficult connecting so late on but your grows look great so will be a pleasure to see it from the top ๐Ÿ˜
nice nice little bit of history on the strain too ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ I don't see that often and definitely adds to the experience! Looks like like she's praying already ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ โœŒ๐Ÿฝ
I'd mind if you didn't Green! Awesome! Always feel free to wonder and ask about anything! I'm happy to have you on board!
Still page 1? Sweet!

:ciao:
Hey Shed, here we go! :woohoo: I'm not traveling this summer after all!

Don't ya just love that feeling when you launch an exciting new grow! This is a biggie too I think. The preservation of our landraces is so important! You must be high on the thrill of it Otter?

Don't ya just love that feeling when you launch an exciting new grow! This is a biggie too I think. The preservation of our landraces is so important! You must be high on the thrill of it Otter?
I am and I know it's iffy that it will be successful too. I've tried a few times and failed making seeds by reversing sex. I have good teachers this time and I have a good feeling that this will break the ice! I'm pretty high anyway hehe, and I'm ready! This works for me!

Highya SO,

I'll write a proper post tomorrow. Just wanted to get in on the first page. Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom