Prof's Lab: Diary Of A Bedroom Farmer

Mine stayed about "average" compared to the other plants I ran alongside for that run. Nothing really stood out to me; pretty well behaved.
Handled topping & training like a champ. If I remember correctly, it flowered quite a bit longer than I expected. I cut about 2 weeks after the breeder recommendation, and still ended up fluffy.

I definitely remember an amazing licorice aftertaste with it. I'm sitting on 1 more seed, I may have to run that again soon.

Ya got my wheels turning now...
:passitleft:
I went back & looked at my old journal, when I grew Critical Jack.

I definitely misspoke in this post yesterday.

I actually chopped mine at day 52... because I was dankrupt. LoL

Maybe that's why it was all larf.
:laugh:

The terps were outta this world though!
:drool:

Hey Prof in for this one!
Welcome N. Pull up a pew and see if Sauga has any of that rice cake left
Oh, here is an emtpy seat :idea:
If this was my actual bedroom by this point you would probably have to sit on top of the wardrobe. Good view but bad for your back. Good to have you along TC
I went back & looked at my old journal, when I grew Critical Jack.

I definitely misspoke in this post yesterday.

I actually chopped mine at day 52... because I was dankrupt. LoL

Maybe that's why it was all larf.
:laugh:

The terps were outta this world though!
:drool:
LOL! Dankrupcy is a very serious problem so I can totally understand that. I was going to give these a little while longer before putting them into flower but because of all this extra time not being at work my supply is going to take a beating. I'm already thinking about rationing what I have.
Dankrupt :laughtwo: That’s funny.

Hi Prof!! I’m here for the new grow space. Let’s see what the Mad Professor can do!!
Hey HH! I finally got the new journal up and running. You ain't missed naught yet.

Hey everyone. The isolation finally got to me and I decided to pop some more beans today. I don't have any space for more plants indoors so I'm going outside. The weather has been great recently and its gone from being a terrible winter to a rather good spring in the space of a few weeks. I decided to plant an auto in a little pot to see how well it does with my homemade soil. Some of you may remember a post from my previous journal where I showed off my sloppy compost. The big anaerobic slop of meat, veg and just about anything else that was available. Well its ready to use and use it I have. It looks great and there is no sign of the duck that went in there. Or the pork, or anything really. There is just the odd bit of wood and bone remaining. Good job Prof! I've mainly been using it to get all of the tomato pots and garden beds ready but I couldn't resist the opportunity to see how it affects cannabis. Today I mixed up some of the compost with some coco and clay pebbles mix and planted a bean. It looks like any old potting soil mix that you might buy. My intention is to just water the auto using fermented plant juice which I have been preparing over the last couple of months and see how it goes. The FPJ isn't technically real FPJ as its not been fermented. Really it's a bucket of weeds, compost and selected kitchen waste like banana peels and egg shells sat in the most putrid water you can imagine. It looks ok but then you disturb the surface. It smells similar to the rotting meat that the compost contained. It's all for a bit of fun really as I've never grown outdoors properly before and would like to make the most of this "quiet" time that many of us are experiencing. If the rumours are true then I may get to grow the plant before I go back to work lol. I really don't want it to get big so its in a little decretive clay pot which should hopefully keep it nice and compact. The autoflower that we shall be using sacrificing is an Auto Purple Gorilla from Short Stuff Seeds and apparently has a short and compact structure which is perfect....
WIN_20200404_15_46_37_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200404_15_46_54_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200404_15_47_05_Pro.jpg

About 10 minutes after that I got another itch and planted a White Widow from DinaFem. This one is going to be mothered outside as soon as she's healthy enough to do so. Again we are using my homemade soil so it might even die before it breaks ground lol. If I like the plant and the soil seems ok then I may even bring her inside at some point. Fun fun fun.

Coco grow update coming up shortly....

Today is flowering day 6 for the coco plants. Most have recovered well and are growing like normal however as per usual the plant which I'm most interested in is being a runt. Damn you autocorrect! The Double D's is actually the only one who's being slow. The rest are trucking on and are losing the rough appearance they came into flower with. Its early for these but there is still no saying what the genders of the three Exotic Genetix and the Crumbed Limes are. It looks like there may be a female CL but it also looks like the Crunk Boat could be a male. Were still gaining some traction with this grow but so far so good....
WIN_20200404_13_46_59_Pro.jpg

The pics are a bit crappy at the moment but here they are today....

The 2 Crumbled Limes....
WIN_20200404_13_42_27_Pro.jpg

The Hoe Down and the Crunk Boat....
WIN_20200404_13_42_52_Pro.jpg

The Double D's and the Star Cake....
WIN_20200404_13_43_05_Pro.jpg

French Macaron and the Phantom Cookies Domina….
WIN_20200404_13_43_18_Pro.jpg

Here is the current bad girl. The Crumbled Lime which looks to be female....
WIN_20200404_13_44_32_Pro.jpg

The bottom feeding is going well so far. It will be time to give them their first flush soon. I think I can see nutrient salts beginning to build up on the surface of the soil. I thought that it might have been mould at first but apparently not.
Happy growing everyone

Attachments

• WIN_20200404_13_44_46_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200404_13_44_46_Pro.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 36
:passitleft: I will hit that for sure!!
Yes....many many adorable toucans. All watching you....
Do you remember what life was like before toucans?
Very nice bedroom closet grow bud!
Will check in randomly and see how things are.
Keep urself and your family safe.
Thanks CADBOY. Drop by anytime you like. There should be plenty of interesting things happen over the next few months. Stay safe my friend

Hey 420. Today I can confirm that the Crunk Boat reg is a male. Bummer I know. That leaves us with 7 plants like before. I still think that the Hoe Down will be a male as well but we will have to wait couple more days for that one. Not a problem but a little dent in the group and also a bad start for trying for high GPW. On the plus side the lights won't have as much to cover. Always a silver lining. The rest with tee exception of the Double D's are doing great. There are roots coming out of most of the pots like little bean sprouts. The French Macaron has loads so she must be happy. She is also growing very well and looks like a nice little tidy indica plant. The Crumbled Limes are both growing well and look like they both might be female. Fingers crossed for them. The weakling of the round is my Double D's. I don't think it was her fault as she was growing well before the gnats. I'm going to reveg her if she is nice after the grow is over. To be fair I will reveg any of these that I like as money is very tight at the moment. It's time to start looking after what we already have. Only if its good though lol.
The bottom feeding seems to be going well. I've given them one flush already and think I could probably get away with doing one every 2 weeks. They are almost constantly sat in water. I wait for them to finish the tray then add more as soon as they have. It works out to be around a 2 gallon feed every day dumped straight in the tray. No fuss. These are currently on 5g of MC per gallon of water.
I almost forgot to mention that I super cropped them all. Just thought I'd give them a snap as I'm a bored gardener. I'm sure that they'll love it. I will get a snap of them all individually shortly but for now we must say good bye to Crunk Boat....
WIN_20200407_14_45_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_46_01_Pro.jpg

It was a good looker as well....
WIN_20200407_14_46_25_Pro.jpg

Damn....
WIN_20200407_14_47_14_Pro.jpg

Here he is....
WIN_20200407_14_48_04_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_48_19_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_49_06_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_50_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_51_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200407_14_51_47_Pro.jpg

:passitleft: :peace:

Sorry bout yer boy Prof. All your plants are looking great :thumb:
That's the risk with putting regs into flower. I was hoping to know the genders of all of them by now but because their growth froze they didn't reveal themselves until now. I'm pretty certain that the Hoe Down will go as well. Never mind eh.
The rest are doing good though. Thanks HH

Yes, I do. It wasn't as much fun though.
They have grown on me a lot since then.

Boys??? Ugh!!
Correction. Boy! In the end only the Crunk Boat was male. Things aren't so bad now though the Double D's a little small....I'll leave it at that

Back
Top Bottom