Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Dog

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

Quick update for you folks. I woke up in the morning today, and I found some frost on my plants. Low night temps came back for a while, but there's sun already. Here we go.

IMG_330112.JPG
IMG_33047.JPG
IMG_330210.JPG
IMG_33038.JPG

I finished with 21 seedlings after first round of germination, but I'm popping more Ultra Dogs. I also got to sift last batch of trim, mostly late pheno of Ultra Dog, and here's what I got.

IMG_329011.JPG
IMG_32926.JPG
IMG_329711.JPG

Keep it green out there everybody :smokin:

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

That looks very tasty!

Very nice Conradino,

Looks like a little frost didn't hurt them at all. Looks like a nice morning on your piece of earth.

No it didn't totally, that's what I expect from a strong plant :thumb:

Hi Conradino.. Thought I'd sub up and check out a proper outdoor organic grow. Nice to see folks gardening the way mother nature intended. I'm on the east coast USA .. so its still winter here (today temps were 27C ??? scary). We've been preparing our out door flower and veggie beds for a few weeks now.

Of course we cannot grow our favorite flower outdoors where we are.

I've been growing Sativa or mostly Sativa hybrids for quite some time and am just starting to try out a few Indica dom cultivars. HSO Chemdog in veg for me - I want the check out what all the buzz is about with these Indicas.

I just have to say your view of the snow covered alps looks sooooo freaking awesome. If I didn't love where we are now we'ed be in Italy (or Southern Oregon). I love to X-country ski and the view there ... wow!

So subbing in and wishing you a bountiful harvest. :Namaste:

Hey man, thx for checking in. Well, we cannot have all we want, at least not all the time. I live in a pretty nice zone climate wise, and that lets me grow outdoor almost anything I like, but not everybody's so lucky :laugh: Still getting temperature jumps, but that should change in few days. I really began this grow earlier than I did last year, cause I'm always for pushing the vegging period hoping it translates into higher yield. They never go into flowering although planted before Spring Equinox. As long as they sense days getting longer everything's fine.

Hey TGY! Glad you've subbed :thumb: Yep Ultra Dog is a hybrid that is far from anything I smoked before. I managed to isolate few best phenos that finish in September, you probably saw them browsing, and now I'm stoked to see more expressions in F2. I'd really like to analyse this shit in proper lab, but I cannot do it here. Also last year I pollinated a lot so I couldn't really witness the maximum yield, but potency was than enough even in seeded bud.

Yes through reading all of your last journal I saw the different phenos and was really impressed with the bushy one. The big pheno was nice as well but with it finishing late I totally understand why you would have decided on the bushy pheno to work with. You chose an awesome male to work with as well. Hopefully he will help add to the yield and take nothing from the potency :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes there were two bushy phenos, I've just bonged one I have to add :laugh: :bong: One extra strong and zippy, 2 tokes and you're done for the evening. The other one is more of and indica leaning, same speed on onset but more relaxing and shorter lasting with stronger munchies on comedown. Both have great branching out and finish around 3rd or 4th week of September in my climate.

I'd actually like to find something higher in CBD, but I might give Cannatonic a chance next season to have some strict painkiller in my stash. Still, both phenos work pretty well even for quite strong pains and have great musky/piney/peppery taste. I'm not even sure what I'm gonna get in here in terms of potency, hopefully shorter flowering, better immunity for pests and humidity, and not much different cannabinoid levels. There's gonna be some satisfaction if this weed gets even better that for sure, and I can start stabilising the strain for my microclimate. That's the main objective here.

So few more days have passed, and I have an update for you. They are mostly growing their second set of leaves at this point, which means they're gonna explode pretty soon providing the weather's good.

First picture is of Super Lemon Haze, then we have an OG Kush, Ghost Train Haze, and bunch of Ultra Dogs.

IMG_330510.JPG
IMG_33076.JPG
IMG_33097.JPG
IMG_33117.JPG
IMG_331510.JPG
IMG_33207.JPG
IMG_332412.JPG
IMG_33259.JPG
IMG_33137.JPG
IMG_331710.JPG
IMG_331810.JPG
IMG_33198.JPG

The slowest growing are Ghost Train Hazes, actually one purple leg pheno grows ok, but the other two are very tiny and lack expected vigor. I got two quite weak phenos of Ultra Dog too, which I'm gonna probably plant in a secondary spot. In new batch of seeds I've had 100% germination rate with 4 seedling already showing their heads.

For those who follow me for the first time, it's much slower to veg them from seed under the sun in the winter/spring, but it beats putting out your plants in the sun after month under CFLs or LED only so they can fry after few hrs of being bombarded by red spectrum :laugh: There are also no problems with sudden flowering and reveg that way, which takes much of plant's energy, and is a common problem. Anyway they triple in size just few days after I outplant them when all the fun really starts. This year they'll probably go to their spots around mid April.

Ok, that's it folks :surf::smokin:

Wow!! That one GTH showing some colour already! Is it a bit cold over there atm mate?
What cbd strains are you looking at? I just popped a Dream Machine which has 1.6%. Definitely interested in some higher %'s down the road. Hopefully can help with my mum's nerve pain in her lower back! :)

Eh yeah nights are still cold so they change color, UD even more.

Hmm I've been looking into Cannatonic, seems to have a lot of high CBD phenos and is easily available as a seed. There you can find ACDC pheno which is almost pure CBD. I have to have something for daytime that doesn't make you trip your balls any minute and that seems to be the case with my stash :laugh:

Oh nice! I'll have to look that up. I'm looking for 2:1 cbd:thc strains as all the reading I've done suggests you need 1:1 or better to treat nerve pain. This one is defs on my list to get.. I could easily run one at a time in my veg tent to keep mum supplied.
Herbies Mobile

Yeah actually I'd be good with something that has 3-4% CBD. I could turn it into hash or oil and get better concentration that way.

That purple GTH is going to be a fun ride. Looks like you're soil is looks compact almost clay Looking. Do you use perlite or some other type of material for aeration?

All your babies look great to me even the little ultra Dawgs. Your soil is so different than most growers on 420, makes me want to try and duplicate it. :thumb:

Actually it's very aerated due to biochar and mineral particles. The thing is this type of loam makes a crust as soon as sun starts hitting it, but you just press it gently and it gives away. Underneath it holds water great. It's also High Brix soil slightly different from what I have in the garden for example where topsoil is very rich in humus giving it almost black color.

Did you pollinate both bushy phenos? The more indica leaning pheno sounds more my speed though I'm sure the zippy one does the job quite well. It's nice to have a strain that finishes in September especially one that sounds so stellar.

The higher cbd strain search sounds interesting. The problem I have with buying seeds for such a strain is that it's a crapshoot as to whether you will get the high cbd pheno. I am sure there are some strains where it is highly likely but most I have seen are a 1 in 4 chance of getting the right one. With you growing outside you can do multiple plants a year where as anyone inside would have space limitations. Things are looking good by the way :thumb:

Yep I pollinated both and the other pheno I call OG kinda lanky not very branchy, so I have shitload of seeds. They all have their advantages, but my favorite one gives me best medical benefits, and 6 months cure really helped to let these qualities shine. The boom pheno I cannot even smoke from the bong anymore, 2 tokes is too much, so I just roll joints :laugh:

You're absolutely right about crapshot of looking for high CBD phenos in seed lines. If you can't analyse it in a lab, you just cannot tell for sure what you've grown. Big disadvantage of living in a prohibitionist country. Also with clone scene practically non - existent you're down to seeds.

However Cannatonic is supposed to have 4% of CBD minimum which is good enough for me. I guess it's worth giving it a try. I could just pop 10 seeds and then test every bud one by one checking if it works for my pain. Probably as good as I can have it here.

The way you say you would have to test each plant bud by bud almost sounds as if you're not up to the task :cheesygrinsmiley:

Having the ability to have a lab analyze what you grow would be helpful for sure. With you not keeping clones though I am not sure how helpful it would be for you other than to just know what the cannabinoid profile is for each plant/pheno/strain.

The boom pheno sounds devastating. Did you keep the seeds separate depending on the mom so you had a better idea what to expect when you grow them out? Maybe what to expect isn't the right thing to say more so so that you can keep track of what traits you kept/lost/gained?

I liked the look of most everything you grew last year but I wasn't as impressed with the OG phenos as I was with bushy phenos or even the large longer flowering pheno you had.

Back
Top Bottom