Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Dog

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

Oh yeah it's all a photo op done underground in Norway :hookah:

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

I've been away for few days so I left my plants alone, but here we are with another update. I just fed them with some compost & clover tea which I make in my garden using rainwater. This should provide nitrogen and micro elements boost exactly when they need it. This is like an energy drink, easily absorbed and quickly consumed, but with a lot of microlife that will stay in the soil and will multiply. Otherwise we have a full on spring with rush going through the nature, everything's blooming and growing. I'm getting rosemary full of flowers, lavender growing new shoots and cherry trees blossoming in pink. Under my pile of compost mint is showing bunch of heads too. I've already planted garlic, onions, parsley and salvia. I'm gonna show you next time but in the meantime I'm blazing my Mexican landrace joint, wonderful daytime smoke. Not as potent as my Colombian, but much more peaceful and very gentle on the mind. Really love it :smokin: :circle-of-love:

The plant of this Jarilla de Sinaloa looked like that:

016728.jpg
0101310.jpg
0111149.jpg
0121040.jpg
0091425.jpg

And here are currently vegging plants in a phase which I like a lot when they are vegging but growing by the day... :smokin:

Super Lemon Haze
IMG_334515.JPG

Ultra Dog
IMG_334812.JPG

OG Kush°1
IMG_335211.JPG

OG Kush°2 already getting viney :laugh:
IMG_33569.JPG

Ghost Train Haze
IMG_33599.JPG

Ultra Dog heavy indica pheno
IMG_336211.JPG

Ultra Dog slightly lighter pheno
IMG_336413.JPG

And a variation of indica pheno
IMG_33659.JPG

Family shots
IMG_336711.JPG

IMG_336810.JPG
IMG_336911.JPG
IMG_337011.JPG

And just to show you what a dud pheno looks like this is a Ghost Train Haze one of two similar plants, planted exactly in the same time as bigger plants. And that's why I like outdoor cause the best and worst phenos strike away very quickly!
IMG_33739.JPG

But yep it's still a High Brix soil, which for this strain might not be perfect. There are a lot of mutants in the lineage of this strain, so I believe we won't see better than the stretchy purpling pheno. Regular version still might be better cause these are fems.

Ok, have a green one I'm going to prepare the rest of the soil and do some onion planting :smokin:

Hey Conrad, all caught up. The plants are stunning as per usual. I love the peaceful on the mind comment on the Mexican sativa. I really appreciate some of the less powerful strains.

"Ultra Dog slightly lighter pheno" looks like she got crapped on by a bird. Now tell us the truth, that's your secret right? lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::love:

No man it's just a residue from compost tea :laugh:

I figured it was. I was kind of hoping that it was a bird though. I've used seabird guano with stellar results in the past. I have no clue about outdoor so everything you do is education to me. :thanks:

Never used it. I used bat guano though however I didn't like the results so much so I dropped it.

It's very slow release, too rich in phosphorus and potassium for High Brix purposes, and it's also not sustainable. I dropped all high potassium/phosphorus/nitrogen fertilizers ever since, and I'm working on getting all the other nutrients right.

One of my local sources has 10 different guanos. The difference in their N-P-K is huge:
0-12-0, 0-13-1, 12-4-2, 5-7-4, 7-7-2, 9-3-1, 0-13-0, 0-10-1, 8-4-4, 12-12-2.5

I used it for calcium release, steadily I build my soil that way. But I use lithothamnium now exclusively.

How do you use the lithothamnium Conrad? Do you top dress or is it an ingredient in your soil? Or both? A quick Web search left me scratching my head. Where do you source it from? Are there better types/brands than others?

Sorry for all the questions, but when you use something exclusively, I listen up and start planning how I can use it.

Thanks Conrad! :thanks:

Hmmm in Italy there's plenty of products, check the one in the first few pages of the journal, I've dropped a pic. Lithothamnium is really a type of algae sourced from the coasts of UK and Ireland, it will typically contain 80% of calcium, 10% of magnesium, and all the other bunch: iron, molibden, sulfur, zinc, sulfur, phosphorus in smaller amounts.

I top dress my soil in the spring between Feb and Mar 2 or 3 times, and I let the rain do the rest. You can also use it when cooking a batch of soil, or as a tea from late veg to late flowering. Greatly improves chemical qualities of soil, which translates into great mineral taste of the bud with sparkly character.

I'm really down to this, volcanic rock dust and fish meal this season, while I source locally all the rest including bamboo biochar :passitleft:

You're welcome man!

I used it for calcium release, steadily I build my soil that way. But I use lithothamnium now exclusively.
Thanks! Do you mean it releases steadily or you top dress with it steadily to build your soil? I should say you had top dressed with it steadily when using it.

Yeah it releases slowly and thus it builds your soil with calcium, which is the most important mineral to go High Brix.

These 5 pics show how clover tea works on young seedlings! It's been 4 days!

SLH
IMG_33749.JPG

UD
IMG_337811.JPG

GTH
IMG_338211.JPG

OG Kush
IMG_338512.JPG

UD
IMG_338612.JPG

They've been just topped, so outplanting is very near. Probably in few days you're gonna see them in The Sunny Spot :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom