FF's - 4x4 Tent - Doc's High Brix - GTH #1 - Starbud - Strawberry Banana

Let's try again.

I'll take some picks tonight. The Starbud is already frosting up and has a very cool structure. I really like that plant.
The GTH#1 has wider fan leaves than i would have expected from a "haze", I hope its the fast pheno ive heard about.
My Strawberry Banana is a cross between a Sativa leaning strawberry bubblegum male and a banana OG. It's kinda stretchy with beautiful thin leaves. Im not sure what traits from what it is expressing. I am really hoping it is Banana OG dominant. I grew a bubble gum from a different seed company that behaved totally different.

Things are getting real exciting for me now.

Love that part huh? I love it when things change up and everything starts lookin beautiful in the garden! :)
I'm super excited about my grow right now too :)

Good morning Scrubby,
I had a long descriptive post all typed and ready then accidently swiped the window away!
I hate this Phone!!!!

Phones are great for convenience but they suck at everything they do, IMO.

My phone isn't even good at texting and making calls....

Who cares my garden is getting exciting too!!! Flipped yesterday!

Im glad you did. It seems like these high brix plants grow more than most other methods once put into bloom. Your going to have some nice little cannabis trees.:thumb:

Im glad you did. It seems like these high brix plants grow more than most other methods once put into bloom. Your going to have some nice little cannabis trees.:thumb:

I'm counting on it! Got a solid 4' headroom to exploit!

After/during this round, the room will become 11/13 perpetual, but since I feel I didn't do the best job in veg, I'm going for 12/12 the next ~monthish hoping for stretch.

Thanks for your journal bro!

Most welcome!

Same here, no perpetual but im doing 12/12 till the end of strench. I'll go 11/13 the last few weeks.

Sorry for the upside down pic. no matter what i did..
20150620_1950262.jpg

Tonight I took a brix reading from a couple lower Starbud fan leaves.
20150620_194717.jpg
20150620_194827.jpg

I use a mortar and pestle. I then strained the mash with a cloth. I got a brix reading of 13. I did a brix reading on the Strawberry Banana last week and got a 15. I used a few small lower braches on th S.B. Do younger leaves and small branches have a higher brix?
20150620_221512.jpg

Goodnight fellow 420 folks.:Namaste:

You're supposed to use the edible parts of the plant to take brix readings bro. Leaf and/or bud :)
Well i did use mostly leaf, i just thought the smallish stems connected to the leaf was ok. I didn't use any branch connected to a bud site or leaf longer than an inch on the Strawberry Banana. On the fan leaves from the Starbud I used the entire leaf and Stem that had a 4 inch stem could have caused a lower or scewed brix reading. Im learning.:high-five:

I do it 3 days after a feed and/or brix spray and take the leaf, petiole and all from the same area every time...preferably at around the same time of the day. Consistency is the key here :)

Mornin FF. The problem with using mainly stems for a Brix test is there is far more liquid in the stems which can give a false reading cuz the reading will be diluted with so much watered down so to speak liquid. Hope i've explained that right Doc. My understanding is to try and take readings from various spots on the plant but stick to the meat of the leaves and not just stems. Have a great day FF and Gang. It's Dad's day today....i'm taking my lil guy skating again today.....cheers everyone ....especially you Dads.:circle-of-love:

Good morning to you duggan, good morning to you all.

Im a proud papa of a little wild man. He's so cool! Hapy father's day :420::love:

Good morning to you duggan, good morning to you all.

Im a proud papa of a little wild man. He's so cool! Hapy father's day :420::love:

Ya eh...i got the wild thing down....know what ya mean brotha....i'm a dad, a cook, a maid, a friend and hockey buddy for my two boys...14 and 8. Just love em! :love:

My lil guy is already asking me when we're goin skating today!!

Last three waterings were:
growth/tea
1/4 trans/tea
trans/tea

Im gonna wait till about the fourth week of flowering to give them cat drench. Starbud and little El Fuego will get cat drench about a week earlier than the rest. I'll have an update on them in about a week when I do the cat drench.

Strawberry Banana is growing very sativa like. It should yield well.:yahoo:

20150626_210247.jpg

Strawberry Banana

20150626_210227.jpg

GTH #1

20150626_205011.jpg

Last three waterings were:
growth/tea
1/4 trans/tea
trans/tea

Im gonna wait till about the fourth week of flowering to give them cat drench. Starbud and little El Fuego will get cat drench about a week earlier than the rest. I'll have an update on them in about a week when I do the cat drench.

Strawberry Banana is growing very sativa like. It should yield well.:yahoo:

20150626_210247.jpg

Strawberry Banana

20150626_210227.jpg

GTH #1

20150626_205011.jpg

That GTH has had cat already though?

No, none have had cat drench yet i just started getting pistles 2 weeks ago. I've got lots of light so they are growing fast.

I know it's been a while but I've been horribly bussy working. My phone's camera is not too good as well. So here is a look two weeks after last cat drench and Brix yesterday.

Starbud top cola
20150720_212226.jpg

a little over fed but the buds are looking fantastic. Strawberry Banana in the back will probably go 11 weeks!:hmmmm: She is supposed to be a 8-9 week strain. I must have a very sativa dom Strawberry Banana. I'm very happy with GTH#1 on the front left and little Leeroy from Rare Dankness. Critical Sensi Star on the front right is smelling so bubblegumy sweet. Im very happy with the growth ive had in flower.
20150720_211536.jpg

Have a great night :420:

Looks great! Sideways or upside down. ;)

Back
Top Bottom