Shizzy's Super Soil Grow Take 1 -Like a Virgin Mix- Purple Skunk- SIS- Blueberry x JH

Re: Shizzy's Super Soil Grow Take 1 -Like a Virgin Mix- Purple Skunk- SIS- Blueberry

Yes in fact money was/is the only reason......haven't missed a beat yet! :high-five:
OMM so stoked you popped your ever so knowledgeable head in! Fluffy, korloin and donpaul thank you so much for coming in, grab some budcorn and get ready for my fancy sleight of hand!! Making nugs appear out of soil! :yummy:

:peace:

Re: Shizzy's Super Soil Grow Take 1 -Like a Virgin Mix- Purple Skunk- SIS- Blueberry

where i live we have pound shops and 99p stores, all these stores carry the old analogue timers, i did spend £17 on a digital timer, but guess what it messed up, after a few days of having no problems it went a bit crazy, instead of having 24 hour days this time kept going past 24, so when i checked it it told me the time was 27:30, so i think the shop must of had a deal with a company from another planet, because they clearly have more than 24 hours in a day, so i changed the complicated digital timer for some 99p analogue timers, and never used the digital ones since, these analogue timers are so easy to set, you just lift the clips up for lights off and down for lights on or vica versa, but they are easy to use and have not let me down once, the digital one let me down after about 7 days of use, ive still got it and have used it since for my aero garden and it seemed to work ok, but i noticed on the back it had a small hole where you could reset it, so i pressed that after i had the problem and it reset and seemed ok, but i dont want to use it after what happened the first time, it could cause problems so prefer not to risk it.

i know the analogue timers can mess up also, they get clogged up with dust, but you can clean them with a can of compressed air, so their should be no problems with them what so ever, but at 99p each i dont mind if they do balls up cuz their cheap to replace, but so far, touch wood they have not let me down and been working for several months with no problems.

its a pain in the arse switching lights on and off yourself, i did it at first but if you over sleep you could mess it up or if your out and dont get back in time then it can cause problems and make the plants go hermie, the plants need a consistant ish schedule, so id say grab a timer or 2, their cheaper in the shops than they are off the auction site because you have to pay postage as well,

Hey ya Shizzy.

Yeah as others pointed out analog timers (which imho is better then digital), are dirt cheap. I never thought of a thrift store, I just got mine at wamart and home depot. But they were still only like 10 bucks.

You really should just go grab some (kinda surprised your buddy who gave ya the lights didnt have some).

As for the diminishing light schedule It sounds ok to me. Just keep in mind some plants with even 11 or 10 hours straight darkness will start to flower. 12/12 is more of a sure thing, but some plants begin to flower with less dark then 12 hours. If I was in your shoes I would probably use GLR for veg and 12/12 or 11/13 for flowering

Happy growing bud :)

Alright alright, sheesh!! I get it good lord!! I bought the darn timers people!! I get it I get it......I know its just cause you love me....Seriously though I did find some timers pretty cheap yesterday so my lights are on their own.... Is it weird I trust a mechanical unit less than my own self? Do you know why that is? 15 years as an auto mechanic. Also one final part of the lighting regime I did fail to mention, and I have a strange feeling that somebody is going to think this is goofy as hell but I use my sodium to simulate sunrise and sunset 15 before and after lights on and off. I know strange but my goal is to make it as close to mother nature as possible. I dunno probably Shizzy's own Snake Oil, but I feel better and dammit, thats ok!

Ok so a quick update, the girls, oldest ones, are ~30 days old (from breaking ground) today. Yesterday was feeding day and I fed as follows:
90 ml big bloom
10 ml grow big
10 ml kangaroots
2 drops superthrive
2.5 ml open sesame
1 gal water tap

This feeding was 3/4 strength veg nutes after having fed 1/2 strength last week. Here is a canopy pic from last night. New pics coming momentarily wife and I are going to bring them outside the room for better pics. :high-five:
2012-09-07_19-30-31_964.jpg

Ok so a quick update, the girls, oldest ones, are ~30 days old (from breaking ground) today. Yesterday was feeding day and I fed as follows:
90 ml big bloom
10 ml grow big
10 ml kangaroots
2 drops superthrive
2.5 ml open sesame
1 gal water tap

This feeding was 3/4 strength veg nutes after having fed 1/2 strength last week. Here is a canopy pic from last night. New pics coming momentarily wife and I are going to bring them outside the room for better pics. :high-five:
2012-09-07_19-30-31_964.jpg

looks great

Looks great shiz!
have you thought about an anolog timer? I have some and they are good:)

Yup fishcake thats exactly what I bought yesterday cheap too thanks gor the thrift store idea everyone! Here are some photos from this morning after yesterdays feeding.

Purple Skunk
2012-09-09_09-30-47_214.jpg

Blueberry x Jack Herer
2012-09-09_09-31-00_586.jpg

Sweet Island Skunk
2012-09-09_09-30-34_327.jpg

Branching on SIS
2012-09-09_09-29-10_300.jpg

2012-09-09_09-28-39_104.jpg

All together
2012-09-09_09-31-12_233.jpg

Aw shucks, coming from you guys, that is a huge compliment! :thanks:
I think I figured out my true secret, I play my banjo to em every day.....deliverance baby!!
:tokin:

Plants do look awesome there Shizz......banjo is definitely the secret "nute"

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom