Small Space Grow#3 - JillyBean - Strawberry Diesel - Chemmy Jones

OK Quix :high-five:

You sound so calm.....What ever your smoking....I want some of it! :yummy:

Super Silver Haze from my last grow, my Brother...;)

Notification
After the harvest on these, I will be starting a new journal for the SleeSkunk and Chemmy Jones....The new journal will feature BPN 3 part, and BPN Root Magic....
End Notification

Just a few pics of the flower girls. Sorry for the quality, its hard to get a good shot without making some serious adjustments....
P4120001.JPG

P41200021.JPG

\
P41200031.JPG

P41200041.JPG

P41200061.JPG

P41200071.JPG

Ant the new SleeSkunk and Chemmy Jones babies. They are doing fantastic at only 13 days from GERM!!
P41200081.JPG

P41200091.JPG

Hope all is well with everyone:Namaste:

Awsome!

Hey Quix ! :bravo:

Looks like a snow storm hit you place. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The youngins look mighty fine too. :grinjoint:

It had better, for the price of the Snow Storm Ultra I put in there!!
Thanks for the kind words my friend, I truely hope you find yourself well this evening!! Biting nails over here lol....:Namaste:

6:00 pm here in the great PNW.

Beautiful! Now, what time, your time, does the sale start? Lol...Im an hour ahead of you, and I think I had it figured at 2 a.m., my time, so 1 a.m. yours...

That's what my math came up with so were on the same page. :high-five: Did you catch the new look yet?

Yeah, its been pissing me off all day to be honest...I know they're working on it, but the server seems to be bottlenecked from all the traffic, which is per their usual....Why upgrade TODAY?? And if you do, you should be ready dang it! Not seeing anything that gets me twittered either, I was hoping for better....But im in line like you lol...

Yeah, its been pissing me off all day to be honest...I know they're working on it, but the server seems to be bottlenecked from all the traffic, which is per their usual....Why upgrade TODAY?? And if you do, you should be ready dang it! Not seeing anything that gets me twittered either, I was hoping for better....But im in line like you lol...

Yeah why upgrade at the last minute. I saw somewhere there that they would be sending the news letter. I saw a few new strains as well so I have a feeling it will be worht it.

Drive bye. Sorr to hear and see the hermie. Bad trait for a plant tho. Chances are the trait could be carried with the seed. Myself I'm not sure I wood want that trait in my gardens. Thats the bad thing about fem seeds. They force them to be a hermie. That's why most gardeners into growing genetics will only start with regular seeds. Nice buds ya got going dude. Hope they smoke sweet.
Keepem Green

Drive bye. Sorr to hear and see the hermie. Bad trait for a plant tho. Chances are the trait could be carried with the seed. Myself I'm not sure I wood want that trait in my gardens. Thats the bad thing about fem seeds. They force them to be a hermie. That's why most gardeners into growing genetics will only start with regular seeds. Nice buds ya got going dude. Hope they smoke sweet.
Keepem Green
Good to see you Brother Wood, thanks for the kind words!
You are 100% right about not wanting the hermies in my garden. I'm pretty sure at some point in my career I'll get short on seeds, and be broke for a minute. Thats when I'll grow the seeds lol...A herm is better than none! But that shouldn't happen for a long time, I've got around 100 seeds and 30 different strains. I'll be watching your grows and learning how to make the best of thos 100 seeds my friend, hope you are well:Namaste:

So the youngins looked plenty ready for a transplant. My hydro guy went out of business(All those deep discounts), so I found a new one. I needed to buy some perlite, as I like to mix my FFOF 50/50 with it...The new place didn't have small bags...So I ended up letting the guy talk me into going 50/50 FFOF and a coco mix. The mix includes perlite, lava rock, and a plethora of other bennies and goodies. Its called Basement Mix, by Royal Gold...
P4210005-001.JPG

Like I said, the babies looked ready....

P4210001-001.JPG

P4210002-001.JPG

So the babies went outside for some pure mile high sunlight....
P4210004-001.JPG

I mentioned earlier in the journal that I purchased some 2 gallon smart pots. I only got 5, and had 7 plants to transplant. I was soon to find that I only needed 6 pots, as I lost one to a bad transplant. I put the 6th in a plastic 2.25 gallon pot.
I'd like to point out something I learned the hard way today.
It is very important when transplanting, to make sure the soil your young plants are potted in is well watered, or at least damp. When the soil is very dry, it is subject to falling apart.
I am usually more aware of things like this, but was in a bit of a hurry, and failed to pay attention to the humidity of the soil.
My simple method of transplanting is as follows.

1. Prepare the water. In my case, I use 1/4 tsp. Superthrive/gallon of water...(this time I added cal/mag, as the coco is in short supply)

2. Prepare the soil. In my case, I usually mix 50/50 soil to perlite, but today its soil and Basement Mix coco....
I also added 1 tsp. of Root Magic Mycorhizae from BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS/ gallon of soil.
I then wet the soil mix with the prepaired water....I even got some help from Mrs. Quix today:thumb:

P4210006-001.JPG

P4210004-002.JPG
3. Once your soil is mixed and watered, fill the new pot with soil, leaving enough room for the plant and its roots.
Make a hole, roughly the same size as the volume of soil in the transplantee's soil and root ball...
P4210007-001.JPG

4. Turn the plant upside down, with the stem of the plant firmly between your fingers.
Give the pot a gentle squeeze, and the pot should slip right off, revealing healthy white roots...
P4210001-002.JPG

P4210002-002.JPG

Now, this is the step that can make the difference between a successful transplant, and a failed one.
As I stated before, my soil was quite dry. During transplantation of one of the plants, the integrity of the soil was compromised, and fell apart. It all happened so fast. I panicked, and tried to slam the crumbling root structure into the pot, and failed. The poor plant's roots were damaged, and the plant would have surely died....So...Out with her.
P4210003-002.JPG

Moving forward...

5. Finally, with care, place a couple hand fulls of additional soil to the sides and top, gently packing it into place around the stem of the plant, in order to secure the plant in its new home...The end result should look something like this...
P4210006-002.JPG
P4210005-002.JPG

If done with proper care, your plants will never be the wiser. you should see an increase in vigor and new growth within a day or two.

Here are the plants back in the veg cab.
P4210009-001.JPG
P4210007-002.JPG

These plants will be featured in a journal of their own, in the next couple weeks. For now, I'll let them recover from the transplant, while the current plants in flower ripen to full maturity ( about a week to go me thinks, maybe sooner for the Kushes)
Here are some random shots, mostly of JillyBean...
P4210015.JPG

P4210014.JPG

P4210011.JPG

P4210010.JPG

P4210008.JPG

I noticed this today. There is a great purpling going on in the leaves on JB (The runt)
The crazy thing is, the spots where leaves overlap, and shade the lower leaves, have a strange phenomenon...Where the upper leaves shadow the lowers, the "shadow" of the uppers is sort of "burned" into the lowers, but in green lol....I cant find the right words to articulate what I'm seeing, but you all are intelligent people, you can see for yourselves what is happening....
P4210007.JPG

P4210006.JPG

P4210005.JPG

P4210004.JPG
Isn't that crazy!?

Anyway, some more random shots...
P4210009.JPG

P42100011.JPG

P4210009.JPG

P42100021.JPG

The flowering plants should all be harvested in the next week, and a new journal will be up within two. I'll spend the next week watching the flowers closely for trichome rediness, as well as all over ripeness of the flowers.
I'll also top all of the newly transplanted veg plants, and they will soon go into flower, and be sexed.

I hope you all are well:Namaste:

love those colors! do you have cool air blowing on them?. or is that from light? i think it my be where they are using up the last bits of N but in the shadowed area photosynthesis is slower leaving that green outline i bet left alone it will purple the rest of the way, in any case they look fantastic i cant wait for the smoke teport, im increasingly interested in subcools creations, i love it when my girl gets involved, but she works so much thats a somewhat rare occurence lol i end up mixing her nutes and feeding her plants most of the time, i dont mind a bit i love growing most anything :thumb:

love those colors! do you have cool air blowing on them?. or is that from light? i think it my be where they are using up the last bits of N but in the shadowed area photosynthesis is slower leaving that green outline i bet left alone it will purple the rest of the way, in any case they look fantastic i cant wait for the smoke teport, im increasingly interested in subcools creations, i love it when my girl gets involved, but she works so much thats a somewhat rare occurence lol i end up mixing her nutes and feeding her plants most of the time, i dont mind a bit i love growing most anything :thumb:
Thank you for the kind words BID. The purpling is actually more of a P deficiency, maybe a hint of moybdenum too. It just wierd how the shaded areas seem unaffected. She's under all CFL, and the temps are lower than her sister who is under HPS. I do have a tower fan oscilating between her and the HPS plants so....all three factors play a role I'm sure...Hope you are well my friend:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom