Quix Goes Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

Ahhh damnit! That sucks bad my friend! You can definitely get some bud from it though, but I know how difficult and deflating it is when issues like that come up. I feel your pain - or at least can relate to it.. Really valuable insight on the dry ice though. +rep for that and for better luck moving forward. Much love Q!

Hey thanks X. Lol, its just one of those things....I know you know what its like to have a wrench thrown all up in yer shizzle.
The babies (for whom I have not enough room) are coming along nicely; still a bit leggy, but nothing a deep transplant wont help. I ordered 5 more smart pots, the #3s this time. I will definitely not have room for all 9 plants once in their #2 and #3 pots, so I'm hoping for some nice early expression on the regular seeds, in order to "weed" out any males...I would be willing to make an exception if I got a male that was vigorous, and stinky. I've got 5 FEMs going, and 4 REGs...There's a chance I'll have to get rid of 2 or 3, even if they're female....Only the best for this round.
Thanks for stopping in Brother, hope you are well!!:Namaste:

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

Hi Quix. Your right Dr. Grinspoon. I still want to grow one. Your right THsea has one growing now...looking at a xmas harvest...maybe. The book lists it as 95 days, but it may go 120 days or longer. 100% Sativa. 25% THC.
It has small buds like grapes. Going to be interesting!
:geek::phew::scratchinghead:

Maaaaan...Thats a looooooong freakin time!! If I lived in HI, lol......I'd probably be asked to leave:rofl: I'd probably run dual 600s with MH bulbs for 12-16 weeks on 24/0 or GLR, THEN stick 'em outside....TREEEEEEES!!!
The Dr. GS sounds like an odd duck for sure, wonder what the buzz is like!?:nomo:

yeah the tt is a nice strain i groomed it to be heavy on the sativa side and i feel its close to 100% it stretches 300%+ i did cross her with some rpk,purple maroc and an auto, but it will be a while before i work on those, outside tt will get seroiusly huge, 15 foot tall easy, but the winter season comes to soon here and the buds are under developed , it has adapted to indoors well over the past few yrs,
but the long flower time and fact that im strain tolerant to it(its all i had for several years) makes it one i wont grow for a while,but she is near and dear to my heart,i give away a few seeds to friends sometimes,they ask me what happened to my old weed i used to have,the one that got them cleaning house lol i tell em here grow these, i saved em for you, i have a shoe box full of tt seeds,all labled with what generation,mothers and fathers phenotype (im down to 3) etc, i would say i have grown out 10 generations and backcrossed 3 times so far, but im not done i want to create one strain from tt thats totally homogenous and shorten flowering to 10-12 weeks

then i will release it to a seed bank and let them do what they do, i dont even want $, just my name to stay, i have increased potency,resistance to drought and bugs,mold etc, funny thing is it never had those problems really, just curing mold issues, never saw a spider mite on tt even with them attacking my houseplants.
not till i started growing indicas did i have any real troubles with ph,bugs etc, i wonder if they naturally are more susceptible , the new stuff you have going sounds great, i am so anxious to grow out some cold tolerant strains i have in my seed storage, like blue mystic,berry bomb,bubblelicious,and heriluana jack-33, i think i have my next 5 grows planned out strain wise lol!

yeah the tt is a nice strain i groomed it to be heavy on the sativa side and i feel its close to 100% it stretches 300%+ i did cross her with some rpk,purple maroc and an auto, but it will be a while before i work on those, outside tt will get seroiusly huge, 15 foot tall easy, but the winter season comes to soon here and the buds are under developed , it has adapted to indoors well over the past few yrs,
but the long flower time and fact that im strain tolerant to it(its all i had for several years) makes it one i wont grow for a while,but she is near and dear to my heart,i give away a few seeds to friends sometimes,they ask me what happened to my old weed i used to have,the one that got them cleaning house lol i tell em here grow these, i saved em for you, i have a shoe box full of tt seeds,all labled with what generation,mothers and fathers phenotype (im down to 3) etc, i would say i have grown out 10 generations and backcrossed 3 times so far, but im not done i want to create one strain from tt thats totally homogenous and shorten flowering to 10-12 weeks

then i will release it to a seed bank and let them do what they do, i dont even want $, just my name to stay, i have increased potency,resistance to drought and bugs,mold etc, funny thing is it never had those problems really, just curing mold issues, never saw a spider mite on tt even with them attacking my houseplants.
not till i started growing indicas did i have any real troubles with ph,bugs etc, i wonder if they naturally are more susceptible , the new stuff you have going sounds great, i am so anxious to grow out some cold tolerant strains i have in my seed storage, like blue mystic,berry bomb,bubblelicious,and heriluana jack-33, i think i have my next 5 grows planned out strain wise lol!

Hell yeah, I remember your first grow with an acredited strain, you were like a kid at X-mas...(I know cuz I was too when I got away from the NL line I was growing)
10-12 weeks sounds much more reasonable to me brotha...I could never afford the real estate to grow something that takes that long. Not saying I wouldn't if I could, mind you....
I have a lot of work ahead of me, and it'll take take some time...But I really want to find a nice strain or three that suit all my needs.(As we all do)
I love planning the next grow too:high-five:

Maaaaan...Thats a looooooong freakin time!! If I lived in HI, lol......I'd probably be asked to leave:rofl: I'd probably run dual 600s with MH bulbs for 12-16 weeks on 24/0 or GLR, THEN stick 'em outside....TREEEEEEES!!!
The Dr. GS sounds like an odd duck for sure, wonder what the buzz is like!?:nomo:

Hi Quix ! That's THsea's plan.......vegging her a long time...then into the sunshine........ He's hoping for 10 feet! :thumb:

One of the seed places where we look up things, gives her a 10!:cheer:

Hi Quix ! That's THsea's plan.......vegging her a long time...then into the sunshine........ He's hoping for 10 feet! :thumb:

One of the seed places where we look up things, gives her a 10!:cheer:

How could they not? A plant that grows 10 ft easily, over that many weeks, producing flower the whole time....whew!! I sure wish I could try the smoke...You can bet you'll never see that strain in the dispensaries out here, a strain that takes that long to flower would never make it as a cash crop....a shame really. If someone were so inclined, I'd bet they could put a hefty price tag on a connoisseur strain like that!

Hey Dude, just doing a drive bye. Been awhile. Congrad's on the plants. They looking about ready. I seen ya was talking questionable yield off some. You might want to spend a extra week or so in veg cycle and do alittle more topping. I seen you had one top done on that plant I was looking at, but try 3 maybe 4 toppings and alittle LSTing maybe? Just a thought. I'm a firm believer in topping alot before flowering, unless you are growing a strain in a SOG where you are growing one main bud per plant. It looked like you filled your space upward, but you have alot of outward left to fill. Alot of toppings can make a nice short wide plant if done at the right times.
Hey all in all you got some nice looking buds a coming soon. That Dr. Grinspoon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I've looked at it but all that flower time. Naw I can flower out almost 2 flip overs in that time. Now I can see a person who has all he ever needed in herbs, and plenty of space or the rite climate outside, or didn't have to worry about numbers of plants, then I'd like to grow some just for the taste of a 120 day flowering plant.
Hey not sure how you are greminated your seeds but I know it seems to work out better for me if I start with my seedling's pot's, cup's, whatever one uses, 'I use to swear bye styrofoam cups' about 2/3rd's full with dirt. Even half full, then I'd water it with warm water, use a pencil to make a hole in the medium, 'now I use the paper towl, plastic wrap, and my cable box for heat, to germinate mine,' Place that tap root pointing down, usally I have to postition the seed with the pencil point, Then I bearly cover the top of the seed with fine dirt. I mean just a pinch ontop. Keep a good lite pretty close to help as much as posible with the stretching. Then as she does grow you can add alittle dirt to support any other stretching she might do. Sorry just me rambling. Hey Quix, looks like you got some good sounding herbs getting ready to cut. GL and best Keepem Green

Hey Dude, just doing a drive bye. Been awhile. Congrad's on the plants. They looking about ready. I seen ya was talking questionable yield off some. You might want to spend a extra week or so in veg cycle and do alittle more topping. I seen you had one top done on that plant I was looking at, but try 3 maybe 4 toppings and alittle LSTing maybe? Just a thought. I'm a firm believer in topping alot before flowering, unless you are growing a strain in a SOG where you are growing one main bud per plant. It looked like you filled your space upward, but you have alot of outward left to fill. Alot of toppings can make a nice short wide plant if done at the right times.
Hey all in all you got some nice looking buds a coming soon. That Dr. Grinspoon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I've looked at it but all that flower time. Naw I can flower out almost 2 flip overs in that time. Now I can see a person who has all he ever needed in herbs, and plenty of space or the rite climate outside, or didn't have to worry about numbers of plants, then I'd like to grow some just for the taste of a 120 day flowering plant.
Hey not sure how you are greminated your seeds but I know it seems to work out better for me if I start with my seedling's pot's, cup's, whatever one uses, 'I use to swear bye styrofoam cups' about 2/3rd's full with dirt. Even half full, then I'd water it with warm water, use a pencil to make a hole in the medium, 'now I use the paper towl, plastic wrap, and my cable box for heat, to germinate mine,' Place that tap root pointing down, usally I have to postition the seed with the pencil point, Then I bearly cover the top of the seed with fine dirt. I mean just a pinch ontop. Keep a good lite pretty close to help as much as posible with the stretching. Then as she does grow you can add alittle dirt to support any other stretching she might do. Sorry just me rambling. Hey Quix, looks like you got some good sounding herbs getting ready to cut. GL and best Keepem Green

Right on Wood, Thanks for stopping in and all the advice!
I do agree about the topping...Just seemed this time that it was taking a REALLY long time for them to recover, and I was running out of time to flower, so in they went lol. Actually, I think I prefer a good LST over topping, less stunting.
I also currently use the "paper towel" method. I have a little Q-tip travel box that closes to keep the moisture in....Then I typically use the heat from the top of my CFL hood to heat them a little....Been so hot here lately that its too much, though, killed off 8 good seeds a month ago or so. Aside from that time, though, I've had 100% success with the paper towel, although, I want to try Rapid Rooters for germ to transplant.
Yeah, I'll probably never get a chance to try the Grinspoon, waaaaay too much time. I've been in n out of your grow lately, awesome as usual bud, thanks for the drive by! Hope you are well:Namaste:

Sorry about the nanners Q. Oh well finish em up make some some hash and grow on.

Hope all is well, and your move goes smoothly my friend. :Namaste:

Dang it to hek! So you still have the little ones cooking...lol Hope you get a break from the heat issues brother Quixi!

Hey brother Sisco! It's been cooling down a bit now, but these plants took a beating with all the stress. Seed production has reduced bud production on the chemmy Jones to almost nothing. After I picked off all the nanners I could see, she just stopped. Same on one of the sleeskunks. One of the other skunks has picked back up and is putting on weight, and another skunk that didn't get pollinated is coming along nicely too.
I've got bigger worries at the moment anyway. I got layed off from my job this week, so, I've got my hands full trying to find work. I of course filed for unemployment, but I'm not a fan of it. I'll be back to work as soon as I can...no "vacation" for me lol.
Hope all is well in your world Brother!

Hey thanks Brother HMG! Yeah, the move should be fine, but I'm gonna have my hands full moving the 9 new ones lol...
Hope all is well in your world my friend

Man, when it rains, it pours. GL finding another job source... maybe grow for a dispensary?

Lol, I don't think they want my hermies:rofl: Kidding. I could do a lot better with the proper environment...Sadly, though, with my...ahem...previous encounters with the ones who wear the shiny metal name tags, I am now next to unable to grow for the dispensaries...I think....Either way, even if I could, it would take longer to get going and start the profit rolling in, than my budget allows. Gotta get paid quick! Thanks for stopping in buddy, and for the good luck wishes...Speaking of rain, we're about to get some here!:Namaste:

Hey brother Sisco! It's been cooling down a bit now, but these plants took a beating with all the stress. Seed production has reduced bud production on the chemmy Jones to almost nothing. After I picked off all the nanners I could see, she just stopped. Same on one of the sleeskunks. One of the other skunks has picked back up and is putting on weight, and another skunk that didn't get pollinated is coming along nicely too.
I've got bigger worries at the moment anyway. I got layed off from my job this week, so, I've got my hands full trying to find work. I of course filed for unemployment, but I'm not a fan of it. I'll be back to work as soon as I can...no "vacation" for me lol.
Hope all is well in your world Brother!

Damnit! I'm really sorry to hear about the job situation buddy. That sucks. Sending positive vibes in hopes something really great comes along for you soon. Much love Q!

:circle-of-love:

oh snap! thats a bummer bout work, but im a firm believer in the "void law of success" where you have or create a void in your life and it always fills up with bigger n better, i have no doubt something great is right around the corner for you, funny to say but i miss working having that purpose being disabled sucks the $ sucks your always bored and alone cuz everybody else is gone working, but one day i'll be back i hope, like you making it happen!!

Sorry about the job. I'm with Xlr8 and will be sending positive vibes for something great.

Glad your getting some rain, I'm getting into triple digis.

Sorry bout the job situation quick, been there myself don't get down and keep looking you'll find something. It took awhile but I read this thread and almost every post in it. Great read lots of topics discussed. You caught my attention with the coco in the title. I use a 80/20 coco perlite mix. Gotta say I love coco great results. I am on my first complete grow with it, I had 4 males that came at the start of my coco experience. I wish after reading this I would've kept the best one. My plant in flower now (stealing the name from bigirish I think is the trailer trash)bag seed, but I have had the smoke it came from and a previous grow that didn't produce well, and I like the smoothness and the buzz I get so I am gonna keep going, I cloned her out and have a nice mum that I just took clippings from and have a wolverine clone from a buddy of mine. I have mumd her out also and took 2 clippings from her. I just hope I get success with these. I am still way noobish but I have learned a ton over the last year and my biggest is being patient with these ladies. Props out to you on this thread and sorry about the stress issues as well. This year has been really shitty for heat and humidity in my parts of this great land. Best of luck to you all and your future endeavors.

Hi Quix! I don't know if I can say anything that others haven't said yet. That really sucks Buddy. Knowing you, you'll pull out of it and find a way to get back on your feet. My heart is with you old Friend. I sure wish I could help. This was sudden....so you may recover in same way...suddenly a door will open and you will be all good again. You know my heart's with you. The old saying "This too shall pass" is true. I hope sooner than you think. Much love Quix!

Thank you guys, so very much for the kind words and encouragement!!:circle-of-love:
Really, it means the world to me to hear the kindness, and genuine concern, honestly.

I go in for an interview first thing tomorrow. It will likely be a lower paying job than the one I lost, but, it will pay my bills (barely) and I wont have to take unemployment. Also, Its going to be a relief to be out of the company I was working for, as it was quite stressful due to some people who don't know how to handle having authority.
Anyway, I have to beleive that this is a blessing in disguise, and make the best of the situation. My wife and I have decided to go ahead with the move to the new place, and we're excited for the new space, both inside AND out! It's late in the season to plant, but there's a nice section outside that will be my veggie garden next year:thumb:
I apologize for not responding to your individual posts, I'm just slammed today with getting my tools rounded up and things ready for tomorrow.

Xengrow, I'd like to issue an official :welcome: to you, and thank you for the kind words. I appreciate each and every one of you, and your kind wishes. Thanks again, from the bottom of my heart guys!!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom