Spimp's 150W HPS Bubba Kush Grow - New & Improved with Less Ghetto!

Re: Spimp's 150w hps Bubba Kush grow: New and improved with less Ghetto!

High there spimpster
when I see a guy like you put a post like that up I go getting all bud envious :bravo: they honestly look great to me
an like breal said under your new light you will have an excellent harvest :circle-of-love:

Im in gonna try and catch up.
Congrats on N.O.M.
:thanks:

Looking good over here.
:slide: :wood:

I'm telling you wait till you see how hid buds grow a plant from seed or clone it's so nice
That's getting me excited. :high-five:

Subscribed, "Lurking" and sending good vibs & Karma.
:cheer: Welcome.

High there spimpster
when I see a guy like you put a post like that up I go getting all bud envious :bravo: they honestly look great to me
an like breal said under your new light you will have an excellent harvest :circle-of-love:

Thanks Jaga. About to go pop in on the girls and see how they enjoyed their beauty rest! :nomo:

A Good Skunkday to ya Spimp, and to all as well....... I am really glad to see the sour D , because I have some of those beans soaking now :cheesygrinsmiley:

A Good Skunkday to ya Spimp, and to all as well....... I am really glad to see the sour D , because I have some of those beans soaking now :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Chopbro. Your gonna love it and hate it! Hope your a patient person... 8 weeks into flower and she is still a decent bit away. But she is starting to fatten up and stinking up the Casa. :yummy:

Hi trichomes :ciao:
Hope all is well in the Land of the BehindtheFenceFlux :high-five:

from seed and running 12/12 the whole time. I added 4- 26w cfls for node control and side lighting. So the hps doesnt stretch her out too much
please explain a benefit of growing an auto , from birth until harvest, with only 12 hours of light? I'm guessing you are experimenting. combined with the fact that you know that your power bill will double, when running an HID.? just curious, I've read about auto's, but have never seen/grown one. thanks Spimp.
swollen calyx's full of resin and goodness-

another great line to read today: "full of resin and goodness" :thumb: & :rofl: sounds like a Rico or BrokeAss line, lol
Hi trichomes :ciao:
Hope all is well in the Land of the BehindtheFenceFlux :high-five:

You continue to produce fresh :rofl: one liners that stay on Topic & make members laugh, that is what I crave. You got game :high-five:

I'll back up and possibly read every page if I can't get a laugh lurking tonight. I would not expect you to reciprocate in my yard

I got taken over one night, 2 guys ranting about their High School rock bands and Heavy metal concerts. For 6 PAGES!

I scared 'em both off, one had the sack to come back. If you want to see the 6 page takeover, I think its on page 1776.

end of rant:peace:

My Pup goes nuts over a small thunder patch. Tonight is gonna be rough on him. :( I'll bring him inside, but unless he's on my lap, he won't be happy. Maybe Its a good night for some extra treats... ;)

this post got the thumbtack closer, lol. that bull story:thumb: it has me looking for more good stories in here.

Great shares in here this weekend,:circle-of-love:

we had a black labs, too bad the second one only barked at the mailman, she let a thief rob my first attempted grow as a young teen.

I won't bore you with the huge, rattlesnake encounter walking my 3rd dog, "spitz" a 1/4 mile from the ocean, dogs cant snell snakes,

cause snakes have no odor. I lived, unbitten, barely. :peace:

Your gonna need to smoke a bowl trichomes, because my logic is sometimes as theoretical as scientific. :rofl:

OK, heres my thoughts regarding 12/12 for autos.
Auto's are hybrids. Sativa or Indica(or both) crossed with ruderalis. But we all know that much. Let's look at photo vs ruderalis.

Photo plants are triggered by natures diminishing light's and switch from vegetative growth to flower as the season ends. Indoor we activate this by switching to 12/12.
The basics of why this works is in Cannabis there is a hormone inside the plant. This hormone needs 12 hrs of darkness to reach 'full power' and to start the budding. 11.5 hrs ain't enough. Gotta be 12 in indoor gardens. That's why the Gas Lantern routine works.
*This is also why I have never worried about too much dark during flower. If I need to run an errand, Ill give her 8 hours light and 16 hours dark if my activities call for it, and not worry at all.

Ruderalis are plants that 'generally' are from areas that receive long days of sun (up to 20 hrs!) and still manage to flower. These plants have an internal switch that kicks in because of the life of the plant, not the amount of light.
If you are growing a pure ruderalis strain 24/0 or 18/6 would be good. But the smoke would suck. Thats why Auto's are hybrids.

Hybrids-- Ok. Nut cuttin' time. Auto's are Hybrid plants bred to finish quickly, be compact, and have the smoking characteristics of the indica/sativa they are crossed with. The ruderalis part is just to make sure the 'switch' kicks in.
BUT, heres the important part... We don't want this plant to be a ruderalis. We want Fat sticky buds like it's indica/sativa mother.
So give her 12 hours for that hormone to build up and swell the buds. Treat her like her hybrid self, not like a ruderalis. Hell give her 14 some days.
I can see the advantage of starting on a 18/6 schedule then switching to 12/12 once she is in full bloom. But I just can't see her reaching her potential unless she has lots of dark to get sticky and Icky.

The reason I'm not gonna veg this one in particular is a combination of ^^ that, plus I'm trying the into the finishing pot from seed, and some of the comments from past growers like donpaul.p and his side by side examples of his auto grows. He always said he got his best yields from 12/12. I'm hoping to further that research somewhat.

There are many people on here with different views and opinions regarding Auto's. I don't know anyone that has enough grows of one strain in varying conditions to have scientific evidence yet though. So I can only do what I think is best given the information I have and draw my own conclusions. Within 5 years of today, there will be mountains of evidence and specific techniques for growing these babies. Until then we gotta do what we do my man.
:high-five:

Not to mention it's generally stringy whispy buds that are more like fiber clusters than deliciousness :rofl:

All plants were fed today--

Veg-lings Fed full strength Doggett and Simpson Step 2 + 1/2 dash SNS 604A + 1 dash SNS 209.
Sour Diesel fed Full Strength Dogget and Simspon Step 3 + 1 dash SNS 604B

Depending on the trichome production and bud swelling of sour diesel, this may be the last feeding. She is at 8 weeks and most of the information I have seen call her to be a ten week flower time. All of my grows are Fluid though, and things may change if she is still dragging behind.

Good Weed everyone and hope all things are Green for ya today! :ciao:

Might as well just grow photo with 12/12 from seed?

Yes an no. :)
all the 12/12 photo's from seed I have done have turned into Bud on a Stick with no side branching and only a cola. Generally 12/12 from seed on photo's are the SOG (sea of green) Style.
Because of the ruderalis effect on Auto's, the growth should still be in the x-mas tree variety even under 12/12. Probably not the full amount of branching as would happen under more light, but should be more than a photo from 12/12. Does that make sense?

btw Hi budstep :ciao:

Hey Spimp, does make sense. Have you compared yields with 12/12 photo and 12/12 auto? Or this is your 1st 12/12 auto.

This is my first for 12/12 full run.
But the data won't be scientific because I also have a 150w HPS that I have not grown an Auto under.
But one of my old friends, donpaul.p grew a lot of the same strain (kc45 auto) under varying conditions, lighting and medium differences, and his conclusion was 12/12 was more weight. It will be an interesting journey for sure. But all conclusions and data in everyone's journal, should always be taken with a grain of salt!

After all, Sometimes growers get lucky seeds. :winkyface:

Hi b.real :ciao:

You definitely have some nice tight nodes + branching on those girls. I have not been as fortunate. I wonder if starting them under only CFL is one of the reasons I have had less branching? :hmmmm:
There is always a possibility it's just me too. :rofl:

that's probably why. only one of those plants didn't grow "well" (one that was started under cfls). master kush, diesel #2, and blackout kush were great plants. that's the kind of results you can get @ 12/12 from seed under a 150 watt hid. I harvested around an ounce per plant.

Back
Top Bottom