Royale Haze Soil 150w HPS Closet Grow

Would 62% not just cause mold ? I thought that the moisture level was to be no higher than 15%

Thanks if you can shed some light on this for me :)

:peace:

Hi GreenFingers. Many of us on 420 experimented for a year or so to come to this conclusion. Once they are in the jar. 62% is perfect. You will not have any mold. :high-five:

Yeah im not keen on high RH.. Whether or not its during growing or drying/curing..
Last few grows i kept RH to between 25-50% as best i could, my plants grew fine, and ive never had PM or any fungal issues so far..
My current grow tho has a slightly higher RH, which i dont like much, but due to her now taking up alot of space and is so dense, moisture seems to hang around a bit higher.. I even soak up most run off also, but this is to help combat any Funky gnats too. I hate em!!
There s nothing worse than growing a nice plant and caring for it and she gives you nice buds, but you get mold and lose some:(
So id say try keep the humidity as low as you can mate, with my buds, i do hang some in an open space with circulating air at room temp, depending on how thick they are they may take close to 2 weeks.. Some smaller buds i trimmed down, i sat on some mesh screen and i turned each bud over at least twice a day - same thing, fan blowing at room temp, these took a few days to a week at most to dry and tasted great had a nice high and no harshness or taste of chlorophyll/leafy taste, these stems were hard, not snapping tho - and the buds were sort of dry on the outer parts , but once broken up unleashed its full smell:):) and was soft but not moist.
I dried about a quarter or more in front of my heater, hanging on my clothes horse pegged onto it:) Had the heater on low/med, and sat the C/horse about 3.5 ft away from front of heater.. These buds still took awhile to dry, it wont happen in 5 mins!! But this is the BEST WAY I KNOW TO SEMI-QUICK DRY BUD WITHOUT IT TASTING CRAP AND NOT GETTING YOU STONED...
I had to turn the C/horse around a few times over the time, but ya have to - to get an even, adequate smoke from it.. It should still taste fine this way, MICROWAVES AND OVENS ARE BAD NEWS!!! Drying on the C/horse will still take a good 5hrs or so for say 3-4g buds, its worth waiting a couple of hours, Just think like this - If youve got no weed to toke, well rather than going without a smoke that day, while ur stash is drying, wouldnt you prefer to wait a few hours to get a half decent smoko or Nuke ur weed n choke each toke, n not get that high??
Ive qik dried a few times when younger, before i knew this, and they were all harsh n shitfull tasting..
I know it may sound sort of like the same thing, but given the longer time with a warm breeze blowing on em it helps evap some Chlorophyll and moisture, while still retaining your trichs, smell and stone. As opposed to it being zapd n crisped in 30 sec's??? YUCK!!
Anyway thats my 2cents:) Dont listen to me, im baked... Lol.. Try my way with 1 small bud - let me know if it was ok?? Or not??
Later buddy, Smokemup!

Yeah im not keen on high RH.. Whether or not its during growing or drying/curing..
Last few grows i kept RH to between 25-50% as best i could, my plants grew fine, and ive never had PM or any fungal issues so far..
My current grow tho has a slightly higher RH, which i dont like much, but due to her now taking up alot of space and is so dense, moisture seems to hang around a bit higher.. I even soak up most run off also, but this is to help combat any Funky gnats too. I hate em!!
There s nothing worse than growing a nice plant and caring for it and she gives you nice buds, but you get mold and lose some:(
So id say try keep the humidity as low as you can mate, with my buds, i do hang some in an open space with circulating air at room temp, depending on how thick they are they may take close to 2 weeks.. Some smaller buds i trimmed down, i sat on some mesh screen and i turned each bud over at least twice a day - same thing, fan blowing at room temp, these took a few days to a week at most to dry and tasted great had a nice high and no harshness or taste of chlorophyll/leafy taste, these stems were hard, not snapping tho - and the buds were sort of dry on the outer parts , but once broken up unleashed its full smell:):) and was soft but not moist.
I dried about a quarter or more in front of my heater, hanging on my clothes horse pegged onto it:) Had the heater on low/med, and sat the C/horse about 3.5 ft away from front of heater.. These buds still took awhile to dry, it wont happen in 5 mins!! But this is the BEST WAY I KNOW TO SEMI-QUICK DRY BUD WITHOUT IT TASTING CRAP AND NOT GETTING YOU STONED...
I had to turn the C/horse around a few times over the time, but ya have to - to get an even, adequate smoke from it.. It should still taste fine this way, MICROWAVES AND OVENS ARE BAD NEWS!!! Drying on the C/horse will still take a good 5hrs or so for say 3-4g buds, its worth waiting a couple of hours, Just think like this - If youve got no weed to toke, well rather than going without a smoke that day, while ur stash is drying, wouldnt you prefer to wait a few hours to get a half decent smoko or Nuke ur weed n choke each toke, n not get that high??
Ive qik dried a few times when younger, before i knew this, and they were all harsh n shitfull tasting..
I know it may sound sort of like the same thing, but given the longer time with a warm breeze blowing on em it helps evap some Chlorophyll and moisture, while still retaining your trichs, smell and stone. As opposed to it being zapd n crisped in 30 sec's??? YUCK!!
Anyway thats my 2cents:) Dont listen to me, im baked... Lol.. Try my way with 1 small bud - let me know if it was ok?? Or not??
Later buddy, Smokemup!

Sounds good my friend only one thing to add...in flower get that humidity as low as possible. Mine are at 34 H right now. Then you have no worries about mold. You probably already know this, but thought I put my 2 cents in. :high-five:

While we're on the topic of relative humidity, what's some good ways to keep it down during flowering? Obviously a dehumidifier is best right? What's a good product for the grow room specifically? Any other tips and tricks that would help? Aim for 60-75% for veg and around 40% for flowering is good right? Thanks for any help.

Well to accomplish what you are looking to do you would want a humidifier for veg and a dehumidifier for flower. When I was vegging I would sometimes use a shallow pan with water in it to get humidity up. It did not give huge gains but enough to keep me happy. I tried to never go above 55% so I could avoid mold or other problems. Humidity can be a bad thing.

Update: Curing has begun! How did I do?

2 Pint size Mason Jars!

IMG_058716.JPG

One of the medium sized nugs.

IMG_058613.JPG

Curing and burping! The best part is coming.... Smoke report! I will do that after cure. I was amazed that things dried in 4 days though. Still pretty dense and not a ton of lost size. :) Definitely happy with my first grow.

hey TC, im pretty sure i read somewhere you want to pack the buds into the jar, you want as little air in there as possible.

I have read conflicting ideas on that. I just tried to split them evenly. I guess we will find out.

I have read conflicting ideas on that. I just tried to split them evenly. I guess we will find out.

Looking Good my Friend. :bravo:

Even after a while in the jar, I still lay em on a table some time just so they are getting air and are not sticking to the the bottom.

Probably some insane need to touch em. :yummy:

agreed they do need air. rotate the buds from top to bottom atleast every other day when you BURP those babies!:)

Heck went out to the garage this morning and I could have all the buds on the table. It was 61% RH in there. I had forgot to close one of the jars last night and when I woke up this morning, cussing, went out and noticed the RH. The buds felt good so i just closed it back up and went in and had coffee.

im funny i like a light cure i will also put them in a gallon jar and gently roll the jar under my foot every hour or so a half turn, it compacts the buds so they are les crumbly molds dont form as easily i'll do this towards the end of a short cure (2 weeks)right before i do what i call last burp (let them dry to a definite safe from mold point) they tend to looks and smell really nice and no it does not seem to affect the trich structure, i read about this method and tried it, works for me and nobody i have shared with has had any complaints in fact quite the opposite they love my meds:thumb:

Well The weight is in.... 32.5 grams. Not bad but not great. Stretch control is incoming. :)
I just had to try some so I will do the smoke report and ask that this journal moved to completed journals.

Smoke Report:
Smell: Fruity, Piney and slightly skunky. Very unique smell.
Flavor: Very mellow and smooth flavor with a hint of pine. Great flavor that is a joy on the taste buds.
High: Creeps in nice and evenly starting with a nice warmth of the body with nice pulsating feeling that increases over time. Creeps into a nice mellow calming effect.

Personal Rating: B+
If stretch was under control could have yielded a heck of a lot more but that was noob error. The high was good and an easy grower if you have enough light.

Thank you all for helping me along the way with my first grow. On to the next one.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us! :cheer:

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Well The weight is in.... 32.5 grams. Not bad but not great. Stretch control is incoming. :)
I just had to try some so I will do the smoke report and ask that this journal moved to completed journals.

Smoke Report:
Smell: Fruity, Piney and slightly skunky. Very unique smell.
Flavor: Very mellow and smooth flavor with a hint of pine. Great flavor that is a joy on the taste buds.
High: Creeps in nice and evenly starting with a nice warmth of the body with nice pulsating feeling that increases over time. Creeps into a nice mellow calming effect.

Personal Rating: B+
If stretch was under control could have yielded a heck of a lot more but that was noob error. The high was good and an easy grower if you have enough light.

Thank you all for helping me along the way with my first grow. On to the next one.

Ha! take that canuckgirl! I Win!:rofl:He He

Back
Top Bottom