Stoner's Kerala First DWC Grow

Yes it would have to be a future investment..but i will start researching prices just to have an idea of whats out there..But then again i may be moving to colorado sometime in the near future.. U think that due to the cold weather conditions there i would still need a chiller?

Just a quick update for you guys on the roots, it had been a week since i transplanted, and no signs at all of roots coming out, not even a lil white root tip sticking out, nothing. So i did like cultivator told me to, i lowered my res, left a good gap in between the bottom of the pot and the water level, lettin it try, which made complete since, cause for that whole week the soil was soakin wet.. But anyway this is how it looked only a day after

IMG_32471.jpg

At this rate im expecting to see some pretty good progress through out this week..well see.. Lata guys

Nice work stoner2b Im subbed up. Im 4-5 weeks off finishing my first dwc. Im still a newbie but feel free to check out my grow journal. In my experience once those roots hit the water you really need to keep those res temps down and light out of your res or you are up for trouble, pythium is a b!tch!

Nice work stoner2b Im subbed up. Im 4-5 weeks off finishing my first dwc. Im still a newbie but feel free to check out my grow journal. In my experience once those roots hit the water you really need to keep those res temps down and light out of your res or you are up for trouble, pythium is a b!tch!

Thanks for stoppin by voodoo, i will def check out your journal when i get time. Theres no light in the res at all, and as far as the temperature goes it will be a steady 72F, unless i add frozen water bottles which i have, but i hear if your roots are long enough to touch the frozen bottle it will actually shock it, so i guess im gonna have to eventually stop that. So im hoping for no root issues.

Btw i have a question, i have 2 plants from reg seeds, was really hoping that one of them would be a female. I read one time that you could switch ur light schedule just to find out the sex, and then switch back to veg. Has anyone ever done that, or recommend doing that? Any information on this would be appreciated, thx.

You certainly can, If you have the time. I have taken a winter plant to full maturity and then re-vegged it for the next summer. I am in the process of turning some small seedlings to find females and check for strain qualities for new stock. The method will work but I would try to put in more seeds than you want to keep and pull the males. Imo Switching back and forth in your case will just stall your growth for way too long you could be finished vegging and turning to flower by the time it shows its sex.

its not worth doing if u are planning a fast grow. maybe if u are vegging a long time, but i dont recommend re-vegging as it can cause a plant to hermie. u'll know quickly when u flip if any are males. if u are planning quick grows just go for fem seeds from a reputable company and u'll get good results. but ur best bet is to start a mother so u can have clones as and when u need them, u'll know what u are getting everytime that way.

You guys are right..screw it, just gotta take the good n the bad, ill just keep whatever i can get out of this grow, and learn from experience, and next time around ill def get some reputable female seeds. What i think ill do is, once i flip the lights, and if one of these 2 plants turn out to be a female, i think ill take a cutting, transplant to soil, and make that my mother plant. ;)

Oh btw cultivator, correct me if im wrong, but did you say that having enzymes in the solution will help my roots grow under warmer water conditions?

Thats true, i can just toss em out later if the plants happen to be male. New cuttings u recommend using an areocloner (i could make a small homemade one) or can u just stick em in soil and theyll grow?

aerocloners are great, they give such a high success rate. but u could use small rockwool cubes or jiffy pellets also. they key to successful cloning is keeping high humity. once u put cuttings in propogator just leave lid on, vents closed and dont even take a peak for a week. if u need any advice on cloning i have a section in a journal somewhere that i could try and find.

aerocloners are great, they give such a high success rate. but u could use small rockwool cubes or jiffy pellets also. they key to successful cloning is keeping high humity. once u put cuttings in propogator just leave lid on, vents closed and dont even take a peak for a week. if u need any advice on cloning i have a section in a journal somewhere that i could try and find.

I love the willingness people have to help someone else learn... Thanks for helping people out homie

Hi Stoner, caught up on your thread and I'm subscribed.
I'm a Hydro grower also, a month into flower on my first grow and just over 2 weeks into flower on my second grow.
Your grow is looking good so far and your definitely getting some good advise and help. Keep up the good work.
:thumb:

Instead of switching your plants to flowering then re vegetating them i would take clones from them when they are large enough and root the clones then flower the clones to determine the sex of your plants.

Sup guys whats going on. Yea voodoo, no doubt, im def getting a lot of good help on here, its amazing, and stealth thanks for droppin by bro, ill be checking out ur grow soon.
And king i dont think that would work for me as i dont have the space or lights to be running diff schedules.
Cultivator as far as cloning i will def attempt to do it when the time comes, just for experience u know, and possibly a mother plant. If you ever come across that section in your journal let me know and ill check it out. And just a little update for you guys, nothing much has changed yet up top, but roots are growin down towards the water, and today i put em in 5 gal buckets, just calmag and powerzyme in the water, ill get sum pics by the end of the week. Peace. :ganjamon:

Quick question guys, i wanted to add a water level tube on the side of my bucket, so i can keep an eye on the water level without having to lift the lid up, and i dont wanna spend 12+ dollars on amazon or ebay, plus they dont even have just the tube, it comes with drip ring and support tube which i dont need. So how would i go about making one myself? If anyone can provide me a list of parts i need id appreciate it ;)

Back
Top Bottom