Stoner's Kerala First DWC Grow

Another quick update..last night when the lights were on i realized that my blue home depot bucket isnt light proof, some light penetrates right through that color! So today i went and got some black light proof hydro buckets, ill be switching em out tonight sometime after work. Im assumin thats probably slowing down root growth. Well it will be fixed tonite!

u should have just bought some oxypots if buying new buckets, never muind. just get a rubber grommet about 1/2inch, drill hole in bottom side of bucket and fit. then get a half inch elbo, push into grommet then get some green see through tubing to fit elbow. dont get clear as algae will grow quickly.

u should have just bought some oxypots if buying new buckets, never muind. just get a rubber grommet about 1/2inch, drill hole in bottom side of bucket and fit. then get a half inch elbo, push into grommet then get some green see through tubing to fit elbow. dont get clear as algae will grow quickly.

Thx cultivator, I just need to find a rubber grommet. Btw today my roots were looking dried and getting skinny, u think that's due to the blue bucket I was using? I noticed light penetration on those blue buckets, or u think my wAter lever may be too low? We'll i will switch the buckets tonite, and I hope that fixes the problem.

Thx cultivator, I just need to find a rubber grommet. Btw today my roots were looking dried and getting skinny, u think that's due to the blue bucket I was using? I noticed light penetration on those blue buckets, or u think my wAter lever may be too low? We'll i will switch the buckets tonite, and I hope that fixes the problem.

Woke up this morning a little re leaved, was worried about the roots, but today their looking real good and growing again pretty fast, so i guess the problem were the buckets i was using, the light was penetrating inside. Bought some hydro buckets, problem fixed. Hope i can post sum pics soon

Yea voodoo i hear ya bro.. What's goin on guys, i guess i havent been here in a min, due to some noob errors i got held back a few days, but its all good, i take the bad and the good for experience. Anyways, its almost been a week since ive been here, so heres a little update.
IMG_134717.jpg

As you can see nothing much has changed on top, i wonder why? Maybe its focusing on growing the roots, to then explode in growth?

IMG_72833.jpg

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. :ganjamon:

ok that looks like a great start to the roots. white, hairy and lots thick tap roots. Now is time to get ur nutes in res full strength. u can see theres issues going on with plant. ive never used the base nutes u are using. i absolutely must recommend Canna Aqua line up for nutes when running DWC. They are so stable and i go in at full strength as soon as roots are through net pots.

I use:
Veg
Canna Aqua Vega
Voodoo juice (optional)
Piranha (optional)
Tarantula (optional)
Cannazym (Absolute must IMO)
B-52 (very useful for plant health, especially when training and defoliating plants)
Guardian Angel (very good if res temps are slightly over 70f, gives great healthy roots)

Flower
Canna Aqua Flores
Voodoo juice
Piranha
Tarantula
Cannazym
Scorpion Juice
B-52
Dutch pro Explode
Bud candy

My list of nutes/additives is long and i try other things. But this works for me everytime. quite expensive to buy it all at once, so maybe try it down the line.

Set ph at 5.5, u might find it creeps up quickly depending on nute line. try keep it between 5.5-6.2. Use nitric acid ph down in veg and phosphoric acid ph down in bloom.

Hope this helps.

They definitely seem to stall while getting a good root mass up in my experience. The roots look nice and healthy just be vigilant and patient it will all happen Im sure.
Yea bro, im really hoping for some nice changes by the end of this week ;)

ok that looks like a great start to the roots. white, hairy and lots thick tap roots. Now is time to get ur nutes in res full strength. u can see theres issues going on with plant. ive never used the base nutes u are using. i absolutely must recommend Canna Aqua line up for nutes when running DWC. They are so stable and i go in at full strength as soon as roots are through net pots.

I use:
Veg
Canna Aqua Vega
Voodoo juice (optional)
Piranha (optional)
Tarantula (optional)
Cannazym (Absolute must IMO)
B-52 (very useful for plant health, especially when training and defoliating plants)
Guardian Angel (very good if res temps are slightly over 70f, gives great healthy roots)

Flower
Canna Aqua Flores
Voodoo juice
Piranha
Tarantula
Cannazym
Scorpion Juice
B-52
Dutch pro Explode
Bud candy

My list of nutes/additives is long and i try other things. But this works for me everytime. quite expensive to buy it all at once, so maybe try it down the line.

Set ph at 5.5, u might find it creeps up quickly depending on nute line. try keep it between 5.5-6.2. Use nitric acid ph down in veg and phosphoric acid ph down in bloom.

Hope this helps.

Cultivator, thx for droppin by man, always good to hear ur recommendations. Thats a crazy list of nutes, but certainly something that i can look into, and eventually get it..whatever it takes lol. So what do you do, you add equal amounts of each nutrient to desired ppm, or you just follow the dosage on each individual bottle? As far as the ph goes i have to adjust it like every 12 hrs, usually at night, and in the morning..and for the nutes, i had just a really small amount in there, so i will be adding more and run it at full strength and see wuts up. :Namaste:

adjusting ph every 12 hours is crazy! i adjust wen i set and once more mid week. i dont follow ppms anymore as i know the strains i grow so well, i know exactly what to give them now.

The way my base nutes work is equal amounts a+b and i go full strength recommened. try urs at 3 quarter strength first to see how plant reacts.

By the way is it ok to change the type of nutes ur using midstream? If i was to switch my veg nutes for next week would that cause any problems?

I know its crazy, i have to constantly keep an eye on the ph, i wish i could go a day or two without checking. Maybe cause im only using 2gal of water? You probably have a reservoir 100 times the size of mine lol.

no res size shouldnt matter too much. in my individual buckets they are 18litres so 4gal ish. i treat them exactly as i treat systems running 800litres (200gal).

yeah u can switch base nutes no problem.

Hmm..i wonder if the reason to my ph fluctuation are the nutes, because the nutes im using their actually for soil, but i didnt wanna spend all this money at the time, and buy a whole set of nutes for hydro, so i called the Hesi company, and i asked them if i could use their soil nutes for hydro, and surprisingly they told me yes. And usually when i take ph readings, it tells me 6.4-6.7 maybe cause thats the neutral ph for soil, and thats what the nutes r for? But anyway i was thinking to get canna aqua veg a+b set, i was lookin at it, its actually pretty affordable.

Back
Top Bottom