The Chronicles of Mother Forcade & the Sour Flo's

looking good man. I hope the bugs are still at bay. How did your finals go? or are they still in progress?

later,
J

thanks man and yes they are:slide:the little bastards are gone from what i can tell no signs of them for the past five days:thumb: and my finals didn't go as well as planned but i got a 78% on the final and an 86% overall grade in the class so not to bad, thanks for asking man:grinjoint:

86%?! no way I had you for more than a 34% man, school just gets easier and easier nowadays so that more people leave qualified eh?

hahahaha Only f**in with ya o course amigo

:thumb:

Hey there bro, haven't dropped by in a while. I see your girls are looking nice....I hate burning my girls, but it happens...:Rasta:

Judy sure is a cutie...:slide:. I think your control techniques will pay off on her. :goodjob:

:passitleft: You know there is some wisdom in not growing two very smelly strains in the same small room...:grinjoint: I have to stop being lazy and use the little bag of activated charcoal in a makeshift air scrubber or something. Really an odd smell, the two girls mixing... Glad I don't have a room full of these girls....or am I? :hmmmm:

:peace: mountain brother.

I haven't suffered too much with smell so far and I was under the impression that cheese was reallly bad. Maybe my filter is actually doing a great job but nahh doesnt seem very smelly generally yet.

When I was in the growshop the other day there are always a few Spanish smoking in there, one of the strains that someone was smoking smelt bloody awful, so bad my girly friend I was with felt sick and had to leave the shop. I genuinely hope that that wasn't cheese cos there's no way I wanna be stinking up my house with that man, even my clothes stuck of it after I had left. I really should have asked what it was so as to avoid it.

:peacetwo:

I haven't suffered too much with smell so far and I was under the impression that cheese was reallly bad. Maybe my filter is actually doing a great job but nahh doesnt seem very smelly generally yet.

When I was in the growshop the other day there are always a few Spanish smoking in there, one of the strains that someone was smoking smelt bloody awful, so bad my girly friend I was with felt sick and had to leave the shop. I genuinely hope that that wasn't cheese cos there's no way I wanna be stinking up my house with that man, even my clothes stuck of it after I had left. I really should have asked what it was so as to avoid it.

I would rate her a 9 for wonderful smell when I rub her stem...best I have smelled yet, but the overall odor in my room is like a 6...smells like cheese or has earthy tones and Pineapple Express is capping that smell off with some kind of fruity skunky kinda smell I think....not really sure but...even my clone of cheese is really smelly compared to most of my babies.

Sometimes the odor in my room is really pleasant and sometimes not so much...:smokin:

86%?! no way I had you for more than a 34% man, school just gets easier and easier nowadays so that more people leave qualified eh?

hahahaha Only f**in with ya o course amigo

:thumb:
Haha yeah man actually I was that guy for a while lol I've never graduated from a school got my G.E.D which is like the equivalent of a high school diploma over here just like the low class version haha but yea to say the least i was stoked on an 86% I got a 3.3 overall average to so pretty sweet:thumb:
Hey there bro, haven't dropped by in a while. I see your girls are looking nice....I hate burning my girls, but it happens...:Rasta:

Judy sure is a cutie...:slide:. I think your control techniques will pay off on her. :goodjob:

:passitleft: You know there is some wisdom in not growing two very smelly strains in the same small room...:grinjoint: I have to stop being lazy and use the little bag of activated charcoal in a makeshift air scrubber or something. Really an odd smell, the two girls mixing... Glad I don't have a room full of these girls....or am I? :hmmmm:

:peace: mountain brother.

yea dude i'm really havin problems with burnt leaves the girls closest to the HPS are really feeling the heat thats why i have my three big producers in the back to the side of the light that way i'm not heatin up the girls that are really gonna give me my big yield the runt and bonsai got hit hard by the mites and are not gonna yield a whole lot so I've decided that I'm gonna dedicate those plants buds and trim to hash making :thumb: and yea the girls smell good but they don't stink that bad once in a while i'll catch some flagellants but for the most part it's not to bad glad your girls are stinky though usually that means ultra dank:slide: thanks for the kind words bout judy and for stoppin through man I'm out for the night I dug four 2 1/2 foot wide by 4 foot deep holes on the side of a mountain in the woods today for my outdoor grow so I'm pooped:peacetwo:my brotha:grinjoint:

Hey Co 4 pretty big holes to grow in outside! :cheer:
I would still be laying up there by the first one. :smokin:
That would kick OMM's butt!.
Are you going to journal the outdoor grow? Or is it a visit not often kinda grow? :grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

Hey Omm yeah dude those holes kicked my ass i trucked the pick axe and shovel twice too cuz my doggy had to go back to our private entry to the grow site and get water haha :smokin:
As far as journaling grows I won't be making a second journal just posting pics on my active journal which will be this one, then one for the indoor pez:smokin: I will be getting up there fairly often however, this grow is gonna be watched over by my lil brother quite a bit, it's near his location and he could get there everyday if he wanted to make the hike so he is the only one besides me that will know this grow ; it's also kinda an experiment because i will be growing pink pez inside and i will be growing pink pez outside so we will have a side by side comparison of indoor & outdoor pink pez at the end of the summer(thanks for the idea butch;))thanks for stoppin through man i'll have pics up this weekend of the grow sites enclosed and with soil and i will be planting the weekend after this or sometime next week so stay tuned:roorrip:

thanks man and yes they are:slide:the little bastards are gone from what i can tell no signs of them for the past five days:thumb: and my finals didn't go as well as planned but i got a 78% on the final and an 86% overall grade in the class so not to bad, thanks for asking man:grinjoint:

Great dude. thats not too bad at all. Keep at it.

Hey Omm yeah dude those holes kicked my ass i trucked the pick axe and shovel twice too cuz my doggy had to go back to our private entry to the grow site and get water haha :smokin:
As far as journaling grows I won't be making a second journal just posting pics on my active journal which will be this one, then one for the indoor pez:smokin: I will be getting up there fairly often however, this grow is gonna be watched over by my lil brother quite a bit, it's near his location and he could get there everyday if he wanted to make the hike so he is the only one besides me that will know this grow ; it's also kinda an experiment because i will be growing pink pez inside and i will be growing pink pez outside so we will have a side by side comparison of indoor & outdoor pink pez at the end of the summer(thanks for the idea butch;))thanks for stoppin through man i'll have pics up this weekend of the grow sites enclosed and with soil and i will be planting the weekend after this or sometime next week so stay tuned:roorrip:

Nice, you better be damn sure those mites are totall 10000000% gone before planting out there, (or definatly have them crawling with predator mites.) But I have faith in you man. Good luck, and don't forget to hook up the Pics!!

P.S. Did you post a pic of the growsite? I looked around, but might have missed it.

Great dude. thats not too bad at all. Keep at it.

Nice, you better be damn sure those mites are totall 10000000% gone before planting out there, (or definatly have them crawling with predator mites.) But I have faith in you man. Good luck, and don't forget to hook up the Pics!!

P.S. Did you post a pic of the growsite? I looked around, but might have missed it.
yea dude i spoke to soon went in this morn and the girls had a lil bit o mite activity so i sprayed some rosemary extract mix on and i will poisin again tonight those bastards just wont go away hopefully there are still some predator mites lurking but that just the flower girls the veg girls get dosed with alchohol mix once a week and there has been no signs on them for a long while:grinjoint: & if i did have mites would they just go crazy outside? I've been wondering that cuz my little brother was asking a bunch o questions and he asked a good one yesterday, "do bugs just shred plants outside?" i told him no cuz usually their natural predators keep them at bay but this will be my first outdo grow so i only know as much as I've read ;) but I have not put pics up yet that will be sunday or monday:roorrip:
Now that's cool CO A comparison grow. That ought to prove interesting.
Great that your just including everything here in your journal. Easy for us and easy for you. :grinjoint:

Fo sho man I don't see the point in five diff journals lol i wouldn't have enough pics or knowledge of what was happening at that grow to have one anyway but I'm excited I took clones last night for the grow so should be rooted and ready in by next, next weekend this should be interesting:bong:

yea, those mites will annihilate your outdoor crop. They breed faster in higher temps and low humidity, so later in the summer they'll be breeding like .......well........like spidermites. ....and BTW they have a 3 day breeding cycle mostly, so I'd spray the girls at least twice a week in veg. maybe even more. Thats just my prefrence though.

Good luck with them man.

Yes!! a big congrats on the bug sitch. Nothing better to hear then bugs be gone.Plants look like they are going to have nice offspring. An I must agree I cant wait to see that pink strain grow out. Oh and if and when you get a chance check out the new thread. It has a poll and you can multi-vote on it. Just be sure to place all your votes the first time.

:ganjamon:

butcher,
tried that link twice now and i get a dead link???? thank you..lavendar

Yeahh I got dead links at several left links too.

I think spidermites breeding cycle is temperature related, i, between 5 and 20 days or so I belive. Warmer the quickest.

ok,
heres my dimes worth on the spider mites.....i hate them.....and havent had them in yrs. after i quit growing because i could not control them....i just wasnt disaplined enough....soooo, they have a hex on me....

i got a clone from a friend....he warned me about mites, but said they were under control....ok....after i dunked it in a jar of azomax up to the dirt, i thot good.....nonono....3 wks later, i had those b's all over everything in the nursery .. veg room...and bud room....this was late fall llast yr....medi fredi helped me get rid of them....told me about the 3 day cycle....so in my logic only brain, i think, yeahhhh, but what is day 3? so i came up with the idea of i will spray every other day....so i did....for a month....some rooms 6 wks....and i put preditors in the bud room, 4 batches, one a wk....had the business on speed dial....every move that was made was preceeded by a trip to the bathtub and a most full drowning....along with the spray as normal ro utine....and all this spraying really was a pain....

finally, after all that 6 wks of work, i consider them officially gone...yeahhhh, but as a recourse of all that spraying, i got mildew, which took a while to eradicate....but its gone....so now i really watch for the bugs and know that they could have hidden eggs, and that they can live for six months or longer in the soil, ect...or in a corner or crevice in my room....so i ck all the time....now that i have had them...i will always think i have them, and that is the only thing that may keep them from comming back...vigilance.....so never think they are gone....be paranoid....and keep a bottle of azomax around, as well as everything else you may need.....they come back....lavendar

good advice..

Practically every grow room that I know out here in Spain are these tent things. I have yet to see one outbreak of the little f**kers. Perhaps its literally how they gain access in the first place that is the stumbling block.

Is why I have a zero clone policy...seed only sprouted in my house...those little bastards have to come in my door and all the way through my apt to my room to get my girls...no easy access by bringing them into my room...NO WAY. Now I might get a clone and grow it outside until big enough to clone again and take that clone off the plant and bring it into my cloner, once properly sprayed etc....I might risk that.

I also spray Einstein oil on the floor of my closet and on the pots every week or so, and will all summer...I want my closet to smell unfriendly to bugs if possible.

:peace:

I fear them too...the thrips were bad enough and those were just on my clones. Although they may be in the soil of my female plant too, I know I saw some bugs running around on/in it a few weeks ago but I have yet to see any flying versions. Either way after this grow is done I'm going to be sure and do some serious "maintenance" in the room with my grow cabinet. I want to reveg her but if I find thrips in her soil that's going to be a no-go especially considering that I think I have feminized seeds growing on some of the buds :)

I am on the third floor of my building and bugs still find their way in my home but I leave the windows open a lot during the spring/summer to help reduce the utility bill. The other source of contamination that truly concerns me is that my gf's work involves a lot of close contact with various plants and shrubs and there's the possibility she may inadvertently bring something home that she should leave at work! I guess a perimeter of D.E. around the grow cab would help stave off any potential infestations.

...and now back to you COmmjDude!

hey guys thanks for all the support on the mite issue and lav I always have azomax around and mite rid cuz when i had some money to spend i bought a 40 dollar bottle of each i believe 2 qts of each gettin low but i have enough to spray once or twice a week with both for the rest of this grow and as soon as i get money i will have a 1000 eggs of predator mites:smokin: and jason i will move up to twice a week on the veg girls cuz a giant jug of the rubbing alchohol is like 4 bucks at wally world and i will def make sure that the mites are 100% erradicated off the clones before they go outside (thanks for the info) i scrubbed the humidome with rubbing alchohol and dish soap before i used it and they came off judy just after spraying her with the rubbing alchohol so the veg girls are ok, the flower girls are struggling so hard to get rid of them and they are still producing up to par just a lil slower than expected it really has put a damper on my grow and I have tryed everything and anything under the sun to try and get rid of them but they just wont leave me alone when I move into a house there will be medical sterilization of my grow before i start and I will start all from seed like MH said:reading420magazine: this is not a problem I would wish on my worst enemy because of the mites I have a new understanding for the word parasite and have been significantly held back in my growing abilities, I guess the hardest enemy to fight is the one you can't really see so F<CK all spider mites and horticultural parasites and pests I'm off to go chemically gas my grow:peace:

Back
Top Bottom