The Dealer's Choice - Mars Pro Cree256 & Cree128s Perpetual In High-Brix!

re: The Emperor's New Grows - Perfect Sun Goliath & Mars Cree256 Perpetual In High-Brix!

Looks Awesome Canad! HB gals are the best on the planet. It's an amazing thing. the last three gals I chopped were high brix and the flavors and smells are simply amazing. The potency in also off the charts. Doc Buds kit grows some incredible MMJ! You're in good hands!

Sending you an invite to my journal. it's up and rockin sir!

re: The Emperor's New Grows - Perfect Sun Goliath & Mars Cree256 Perpetual In High-Brix!

So I made a seed purchase today. I wanted some nice genetics for these kit grows. My next strain once the Ghost trains move over to flowering will be

Ayahuasca Purple by Barney's farm

Also in the order was
White Walker Kush - DNA Genetics
Forest Dream - Dutch Passion
Mango Sapphire - HSO

I'll keep rotating Indica/Sativa so I have a nice supply of both at all times ;)

So its been about 12 days since I last watered these plants, and they were bone dry and looked a bit sluggish. So I fed them some growth energy and a splash of tea today.

Heres a little slide show of my process as I understand it from Doc Bud's instructions.

I put the gallon sized pot into the container and fill it up, while pushing the pot down so it fills up faster ;)
20160617_000604.jpg

I keep adding water till the water level reaches up to the top of the soil.
20160617_001211.jpg

And then I set them ontop of their cookie cooling racks to let them drain out.
20160617_001807.jpg

I did 30 MLs of Growth Energy and 5 MLs of Tea
Heres the rest of the plants for fun
Tangie Ghost Train veg day 18
20160617_000655.jpg
20160617_000651.jpg
20160617_000644.jpg

Ok so I had to transplant the 2 older ones, as I had to start training them. So heres my little step by step on transplanting.

First I get out the kiddie pool to avoid most of the mess. I get my 10 gallon smart pot and start filling up the bottom with soil.
20160620_190634.jpg

Then I get my plant inside its 1 gallon pot, and I place it in the center.
20160620_190657.jpg

Then I fill up around it with soil to the top.
20160620_191156.jpg

Next I pull out the 1 gallon pot so that it leaves a perfect hole for the plant to drop right in.
20160620_191216.jpg

Sprinkle in a bit of Roots
20160620_191437.jpg

I apologize for not having a photo of this last step, but I only had 1 hand free and I didn't want to risk snapping the plant to grab a photo. But Pretty much I just put my palm down around the plant so that the plant stem is between 2 fingers, then I just turn the whole thing upside down and pull the pot off. Leaving me a nice root covered cylinder of soil. Next I score the roots with a razor blade going from top to bottom on 4 sides of the root covered soil, and then I just drop it into the perfect sized hole I made earlier. And add in more soil if needed.

Root Scoring Technique for Transplants

We want a large, healthy mass of roots at all times, but the early stages of flowering are very important, especially if we did a good job in the veg room and have a healthy, nearly bound, ball of roots.
Picture_01483.jpg

By taking a box cutter and cutting into the root ball, from top to bottom, we encourage lateral branching of the roots, as opposed to more circling. This way, they'll grow out and fill the flowering container.
Picture_01570.jpg
Picture_01570.jpg
Picture_01652.jpg

in a square pot, make four scores, on all four sides. In a round container, also make four scores at 90 degrees to eachother.
It's a simple technique used by nurseries all over the world. It works in our gardens very well!

The end result is this.
Tangie Ghost Train veg day 21 Transplanted into 10 gallon smart pots.
20160620_191920.jpg
20160620_193145.jpg

Nice writeup. Great pix, I was not aware of that scoring procedure, thanks.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

:goodjob:You topped her,she will grow more branches out.:bravo:
Ok so I had to transplant the 2 older ones, as I had to start training them. So heres my little step by step on transplanting.

First I get out the kiddie pool to avoid most of the mess. I get my 10 gallon smart pot and start filling up the bottom with soil.
20160620_190634.jpg

Then I get my plant inside its 1 gallon pot, and I place it in the center.
20160620_190657.jpg

Then I fill up around it with soil to the top.
20160620_191156.jpg

Next I pull out the 1 gallon pot so that it leaves a perfect hole for the plant to drop right in.
20160620_191216.jpg

Sprinkle in a bit of Roots
20160620_191437.jpg

I apologize for not having a photo of this last step, but I only had 1 hand free and I didn't want to risk snapping the plant to grab a photo. But Pretty much I just put my palm down around the plant so that the plant stem is between 2 fingers, then I just turn the whole thing upside down and pull the pot off. Leaving me a nice root covered cylinder of soil. Next I score the roots with a razor blade going from top to bottom on 4 sides of the root covered soil, and then I just drop it into the perfect sized hole I made earlier. And add in more soil if needed.

The end result is this.
Tangie Ghost Train veg day 21 Transplanted into 10 gallon smart pots.
20160620_191920.jpg
20160620_193145.jpg

Tangie Ghost Train veg day 27.

20160626_180839.jpg

Just transplanted the last 2 into their final pots, and gave them all a good watering with 1/4 strength transplant.
They also got switched over to the flowering tent, but I am still vegging them out for a bit.

I hopefully get my seeds this week, and I'll start my Ayahuasca Purples! :yahoo:

They will stretch out a lot in their new pot:cheer:
Tangie Ghost Train veg day 27.

20160626_180839.jpg

Just transplanted the last 2 into their final pots, and gave them all a good watering with 1/4 strength transplant.
They also got switched over to the flowering tent, but I am still vegging them out for a bit.

I hopefully get my seeds this week, and I'll start my Ayahuasca Purples! :yahoo:

Ayahuasca Purple by Barney's Farm is in the soil. I'll get these vegging early but the Tangie Ghost Trains are still vegging as well in the flower tent. Once they get to a good size i'll flip the switch.

Also I will start cooking a new batch of DBHBS whenever I find the motivation this week. That gives me a month of veg in the 1 gallons before I can transplant.

Back
Top Bottom