Timing the cationic drench

1 day after 2nd CD.
image8270.jpeg
image8273.jpeg

Just for the sake of information....My current grow's first cat drench was on the 24th day after switching the lighting schedule for flowering and the second was on day 31.

I scratched in 1/6th of the total amount of the recharge amendments and added additional earthworm castings on day 18. Followed by a 1/4 strength transplant in a gallon of water on the same day.

Just about four weeks into this critical sensi star and i think I'm going to cat drench her next week/next time. Last few plants i think i went a little late, what do yall think? :thanks:

20160315_095836.jpg

20160315_095942.jpg

20160315_095930.jpg

It looks good MMM. Looks like it's still on the late side IMO, but should handle it well. Most of my brix grows have gotten their cat's about the same time (between weeks 3-4) with my current grow getting it on the early side (day 21 exactly).

It looks good MMM. Looks like it's still on the late side IMO, but should handle it well. Most of my brix grows have gotten their cat's about the same time (between weeks 3-4) with my current grow getting it on the early side (day 21 exactly).

I think you're right about being late. I'm growing mostly if not all indica dom strains and i think the general kit instructions (timing wise) lean towards sativa based. Just my thoughts lately i don't know this for fact. But, I'm shooting for strains as keepers in my room that finish in 8-9 weeks. That being said, i think, next time I'm going to get it earlier. I'm still playing though. :cheer:

Thnaks! !

Looks like I am going to be submitting some pictures in just a bit. Need some thoughts on Cat Drench. I think it's time, buds are in their places and frost is starting to form. Be back in a little bit with pictures guys.

I think the most subtle decision to make when trying out this High Brix method of Docbud's is when to apply the cationic drench. In the instructions it states:

**Cat Drench: This is used right when buds set. It is strongly reproductive in effect and if used at the wrong time will result in stunted growth and lower yields. Used at the proper time, unprecedented resin formation takes place. It is used twice in a row (no water in between applications). Using Cat Drench late in bloom may increase certain flavors and smells, but it also results in a more "gamey" flavor in produce.

So it takes some judgement to decide when buds have "set." I thought I would start a thread where we can post
Pics and ask the opinion of other DBHBB growers as to the timing of the cat drench. Then when the grow is complete show pics of the buds at drench and at harvest. This will enable us to have a set of data on the effects of the cat drench when applied at different times. It will also help new people to know when to drench by looking through the thread.

I'll be needing this thread soon. :thanks:

Sub'd and rep's to you....

Back
Top Bottom