Timing the cationic drench

These first pics are before their cat drench. They got it the next morning.

L1_main.jpg

L2_main.jpg

Here they were this morning...3 days after their 1st cat. They were dry enough for it, so I hit them with their 2nd today too.

Pheno #1
L1_2nd_cat_2_29_16.jpg

Pheno #2
L2_2nd_cat_2_29_16_2.jpg

Pheno #3
L3_2nd_cat_2_29_16.jpg

:peace: :cool:

Just putting this information out there....

The kit instructions recommends:

All drenches are mixed at 1/2 to 1 1/2 ounce per 6 plants(30 sq. feet of garden space for those in raised beds)

One half of a fluid ounce equals about 14.78ml (Rounded to 15ml)
One fluid ounce equals 29.57ml. (Rounded to 30ml)
One and a half fluid ounces equals about 44.35ml. (Rounded to 44ml)

The kit instruction also does say
Applications up to 2.5 oz can be applied without harm, but very few plants require this much. Heavy feeders might try 1 oz before mixing stronger.

Two fluid ounces equals 59.14ml (Rounded to 59ml)
Two and half fluid ounces equals about 73.92ml (Rounded to 74ml)

For anyone following the kit instructions...
With the "Per plant" thought pattern in mind: Divide the generally recommended dosage by six and then multiple the initial answer by the number of plants you are growing.

For example the calculations might be 1.5fl.oz x 29.57ml = 44.35ml of the drench to measure out for six plants.

For one plant the 44.35ml is then divided by 6 which equals 7.392ml of the drench. The measured out drench is then mixed into the amount of water be given to the plant.

Went in this morning (the day after their 2nd cat) and was met with that wet, musky, earthy smell of heavily-flowering cannabis...

bud_zone.jpg

They'll get a follow-up of brix/wa10x tomorrow.

With the "Per plant" thought pattern in mind: Divide the generally recommended dosage by six and then multiple the initial answer by the number of plants you are growing.

For example the calculations might be 1.5fl.oz x 29.57ml = 44.35ml of the drench to measure out for six plants.

For one plant the 44.35ml is then divided by 6 which equals 7.392ml of the drench. The measured out drench is then mixed into the amount of water be given to the plant.

This assumes you are growing in 7 gal pots and does not take into consideration the amount of soil available to each plant. For example, when you start out in 1 gal pots or finish in 15 gallon pots, you need to adjust by putting soil volume into the equation, as well.

Just putting this information out there....

The kit instructions recommends:

One half of a fluid ounce equals about 14.78ml (Rounded to 15ml)
One fluid ounce equals 29.57ml. (Rounded to 30ml)
One and a half fluid ounces equals about 44.35ml. (Rounded to 44ml)

The kit instruction also does say

Two fluid ounces equals 59.14ml (Rounded to 59ml)
Two and half fluid ounces equals about 73.92ml (Rounded to 74ml)

For anyone following the kit instructions...

This assumes you are growing in 7 gal pots and does not take into consideration the amount of soil available to each plant. For example, when you start out in 1 gal pots or finish in 15 gallon pots, you need to adjust by putting soil volume into the equation, as well.

Yup here is the easy lazy math.

1ml of drench per gallon of soil for the median feeding. Light would be .5ml per gallon and heavy would be 1.5ml per gallon. Doesn't get much easier :thumb:

Also for the sprays its as easy as 1ml brix or .5ml of stress per 1oz of water :)

Granted, I really don't care how a particular individual uses the nutrients in the kit to grow cannabis.

Here is a thought. My reasoning for simply posting the information I have, was just for the sake of those growing with the "Per plant" mindset rather than the "Per gallon of soil" mindset. I am not trying to convert anyone over to the same mindset.

By all means and for as long as the desired results are achieved, I am not saying one particular mindset is better than the other. Please feel free to try both gardening mindsets and continue using which ever one gives you better results.

Please keep in mind...there will be instances where the "Per plant" mindset ends up giving more nutrients than the "Per gallon of soil" mindset. There will also be instances where "Per plant" mindset ends up giving less nutrients than the "Per gallon of soil" mindset.

Granted, I really don't care how a particular individual uses the nutrients in the kit to grow cannabis.

Here is a thought. My reasoning for simply posting the information I have, was just for the sake of those growing with the "Per plant" mindset rather than the "Per gallon of soil" mindset. I am not trying to convert anyone over to the same mindset.

By all means and for as long as the desired results are achieved, I am not saying one particular mindset is better than the other. Please feel free to try both gardening mindsets and continue using which ever one gives you better results.

Please keep in mind...there will be instances where the "Per plant" mindset ends up giving more nutrients than the "Per gallon of soil" mindset. There will also be instances where "Per plant" mindset ends up giving less nutrients than the "Per gallon of soil" mindset.

I use the "plop" method. When I mix up a bucket of feed, I merely pour straight from the gallon jug. I've gotten to where I know what an ounce sounds like when it pours into a 5 gallon bucket. Same with half an ounce, etc.

Ballpark measurements are perfectly fine for drenches. Precision is required for foliars.

Back
Top Bottom