12 , do you know of anybody who has just went 13 on 11 off, that would stop all the timer stuff in veg and wouldn't that still work, just look'in for some input. thanks

Oz, at 11 hrs of dark, you'd run a real risk of putting the plant into flower. With the GLR, the plant is never getting more than 5 1/2 hours of uninterrupted dark, which is why flowering isn't triggered.

Note, flowering is triggered by the amount of uninterrupted DARK, not light.

Oz, at 11 hrs of dark, you'd run a real risk of putting the plant into flower. With the GLR, the plant is never getting more than 5 1/2 hours of uninterrupted dark, which is why flowering isn't triggered.

Note, flowering is triggered by the amount of uninterrupted DARK, not light.

Thanks Mr Krip, that cleared things up.:thumb:

Hey Twelve, thought i'd share some info for thought since it was brought up by sauronblue before about the moon light. Was watching "Ingredients" on netflix streaming and the guys growing grapes for wine go by a lunar calendar, they said certain times the moon draws the sap up into the fruit making it falsely full, then other moons send sap back down to roots thus making the fruit completely of its own flavor and accord. Thought i'd share with you since you are amazing at the work you do and maybe later on you may want to look into it. either way was pretty interesting plus the whole documentary was pretty interesting. have a good one and go easy with that water pipe, its got a scary name, im liking my incredibowl. pretty smooth i must say.:Namaste:

Hey Twelve, thought i'd share some info for thought since it was brought up by sauronblue before about the moon light. Was watching "Ingredients" on netflix streaming and the guys growing grapes for wine go by a lunar calendar, they said certain times the moon draws the sap up into the fruit making it falsely full, then other moons send sap back down to roots thus making the fruit completely of its own flavor and accord. Thought i'd share with you since you are amazing at the work you do and maybe later on you may want to look into it. either way was pretty interesting plus the whole documentary was pretty interesting. have a good one and go easy with that water pipe, its got a scary name, im liking my incredibowl. pretty smooth i must say.:Namaste:

HAHAHA! I must be some kind of idiot savant! I bet if we could get the lunar spectrum in a bulb, it could be used to either fatten buds with resin before harvest, or draw nasty stuff down to the roots to make for cleaner smoke with less cure time/screw-up chance! That's awesome info kola! Hey 12, I hope when u go big from all this, you remember all us little guys that helped u brainstorm in your early days!lol
But on second thought,(the hindu kush is speaking to me) I still feel that the spectrum must be made of sunlight, as that is what the bright side of the moon is - the reflection of the sun. But maybe the refraction of the lunar rocks does something to the light? The moon has no atmosphere, so there are no gasses to filter the light. I'm feeling like this is caused more by gravitational pull than light. Did they actually say it was the moonlight, or just the lunar cycle/calendar? Moon phases have a known affect on bodies of water, and cause the tides to rise and fall, so it stands to reason that the same gravitational affect could mess with the water in plants, too. I'd like to see that, is it on netflix?

ozric420 ~ Don't know anyone using 13/11 most stick to 24/0 or 18/6. Mr. Krip is correct. Using 13/11 may induce flowering since GLR only uses 5.5hrs on then 1hr off to break the floral hormone and on again for 5.5hrs. The GLR works great why not give it a try?

Mr. Krip ~ Thanks for helping out ozric420 while I was MIA.

missbud ~ Thanks missbud. Not really into fame or money I just want peace and time to work on my projects.

kola bear ~ Interesting documentary about lunar cycle and how it effect the plants. There's a comparison grow done with heavy metal music seem to get the plants growing even faster. Someday, if I have enough grow space I'll test the lunar cycle. Have like 23w CFL 15 feet above the canopy or something. A friend of a friend wanted the pipe so I sold it. They seem to loved it. Once I get more fundings I'll start a water pipe collection. Incredibowl? Nice! Easy to travel with.

SauronBlue ~ Must study the moon a little more before seeing how it can be done indoor. I'm sure it has some benefit because the moon is part of the natural world. Everything in the natural world have a purpose. I want to check out the documentary too.

Yes and it hits smooth, if you gonna have just one item to toke with i would recomend it. Yah Just thought the lunar cycle was interesting on that show, i guess replicating nature in a tent i wonder how you'd be able to make it just like true absolute nature.

I just caught up with your grow. I was about 5 pages behind. Congrats on the winnings. That is a beautiful water pipe!!:bravo::thumb:

It is interesting talk about the lunar cycle. I believe indoor growers put to much weight on the value of complete dark. During flower and dark periods for the last several grows. I have turned on the regular lights (not grow lights) to check on the plants during the dark periods with no problems or retracting of flowers whatsoever. :peace:

Visiting Relatives

Some of my relatives are visiting in the next few days and will stay for a week. Haven't seen them for more than 15 years. We got some guest room for them to sleep in, no worry about odors or anything I'm just stressed they may ask to see the locked up room. I'm not sure what to tell them. Hope they don't even care and not bring it up at all. If they forced me to open the door since they like to check out the house, like checking one at the house opening to buy a house, they may demand to see it. This can blow my cover and the whole operation will shut down.

I'm about to have my first 2L Hempy SOG harvest in a week. The operation may get shut down before I even taste the plants from the new setup. Quite stressful, not to mention this is my full time job and relying on the income for bills, might have to get a corporate job (which I dislike) if this blows over. Or everything will be fine and they don't even bother to see the room, and gone in a week, then I can resume my grow.

Re: Visiting Relatives

Some of my relatives are visiting in the next few days and will stay for a week. Haven't seen them for more than 15 years. We got some guest room for them to sleep in, no worry about odors or anything I'm just stressed they may ask to see the locked up room. I'm not sure what to tell them. Hope they don't even care and not bring it up at all. If they forced me to open the door since they like to check out the house, like checking one at the house opening to buy a house, they may demand to see it. This can blow my cover and the whole operation will shut down.

I'm about to have my first 2L Hempy SOG harvest in a week. The operation may get shut down before I even taste the plants from the new setup. Quite stressful, not to mention this is my full time job and relying on the income for bills, might have to get a corporate job (which I dislike) if this blows over. Or everything will be fine and they don't even bother to see the room, and gone in a week, then I can resume my grow.

Twelve....you crack me up. Iʻm in the same position as you. I am using the bathroom downstairs in garage....right now in the clear but thats why im not using my tent yet since the misses has plans for a christmas party outside meaning that bathroom will be used thus having a tent in there would just be disastrous. I feel you....good luck, happy holidays. My tent goes up after new years.:thumb:

Re: Visiting Relatives

Hey 12!

Tell them that thats your office and its a mess from a boatload of work recently. Tell them its a jungle in there :rofl:

The best part is that you're technically not lying! And any decent person will respect another mans privacy and work life and will not pressure you to open the door, even if you are family. And if they really insist on seeing the room, just give them a firm, but polite "No, I'm sorry." they can't force you to show them and i highly doubt that someone would go to the law about someone not opening their office door. And i KNOW thats not enough for a warrant.

Bottom line is this. You should have already concluded that that door will absolutely not open with an outsider in proximity. As you say that is your income and you must protect it. You must feed yourself before your familys curiosity, even if it means looking like a dick for keeping a bit of your earned privacy.
DOOR STAYS CLOSED BROTHER.

That being said your grow is always a blast to be in! Love that clone in water experiment. Always got CFL's above your head eh?

Hey tweleve i ofen get this problem with my family living along way away when they visit they stay over night. I have one of my guest rooms being used and back last year i had 10 girls in there full bloom. This was hard to explain and in the end i told them the celing was unstable and was quarantined by my landlord.

For you i think it could be simple you are a fantastic photographer FACT. Simply tell them this is your dark room and you cannot open the doors as this would ruin you work.

Hope you work somthing out and try not to stress to much!

I have this same issue. My #2 son is home from college. My #1 son has been hanging out at our house today. I have 2 plants finished and have been burping jars so they don't mold, I have 2 plants almost finished that smell wonderful but very very strong. I have 2 cabinets going in my studio, I have the new grow room. Since I am tranitioning to the new grow room, I have stuff laying everywhere.... water jugs.. Nutes, measuring cups, syringes, chemicals, towels and light leaks in all my grows right now. If either boy walks into my studion or the garage I am found out.

On top of this today is Blue Planet Organic feed day. Latex gloves and white lab coat and the smell of raw hershy squirt in my studio, the garage, the kitchen.

The place smells like an Afganny goat/skunk/weed Plantation. I can't beleive no one has found anything or said anything yet.

I am afraid to burn one this evening... I would get too paranoid.
Twelve12... I am in there with ya. If either boy finds out, this operation comes to halt. They would tell too many freinds about how proud they are of Dad. Loose lips sink ships. I am not in one of the good 16 States to be doing this.

On the lunar cycle, I will post some info on it when I have time, both here and in my journal, as I have already experimented with this, and let me say that it does have good results. I have also planted right near street lights before with no problems. The plants that were in my backyard this summer, used for seed reproduction , were well lit every night by them suckers, with no ill results.
GT
p.s. Got pics up of the new baby girl in my journal, you should check em out...

I remember you writing that there were other roomates living with you. Why don't you tell your family that the room is rented. If they get curious about where the tenant is after a week, you can either make up a story about them being away, or just tell them that you don't get into their business as long as they pay on time and don't make a mess. Either way, how could they ever expect you to show another person's personal space without them present? You could say that you're storing some things for a close friend who found themselves in a bad spot from the economy, and once again, don't feel comfortable showing someone else their things. They lost their house, and can't fit everything in the new apt.
I have 4 roomates, who regularly come to my door, and my tent is a huge black spot in my room, very visible thru even a crack in the door. I planned ahead, and set up the tent before I even ordered the seeds. I left the door to the tent open and hung clothes from the frame, even put some sterilite totes inside with clothes convincingly tossed on them to look like they were filled with clothes(they were filled with coco and pumps, etc.). I let everyone see the thing for 2 weeks and ask questions. Told them it was a portable closet cuz I needed more space. Now when they see it with the door closed, they don't suspect anything. Gotta be smart and plan ahead, Imagine what questions you would REASONABLY ask in their position, and find a way to deflect their attention. I'm sure you can pull it off with your attention to detail. However, like MB, I feel that if your family is,for some reason, so unreasonable as to demand entry to a private area of your house, then you have no choice but to be just as unreasonable. If they can act that way, who says what they will do if you concede and show them? The result could be much worse than just the end of your grow!

kola bear, Magic beans, Stoned4daze61, Bassman59, GodSpeed, 1970s Grower,
SauronBlue.

Thanks for sharing your story and suggestions to my current situation. I got some updates from my relatives saying only one person is coming instead of a wagon full of them, the rest had to visit the other side of the family for the holidays. Whew. Now, down to one person to worry about. Picking this one relative up tomorrow so we will see how things goes.

@SauronBlue: Great plan and execution with the wardrobe fake out. I had thought of the same thing when i bought my first tent: a 2x2x5 tent that i now use for mothers. I bought that back when i was staying with my parents and put it in the closet and planned on saying the same thing had they ever seen it. Too bad I was busted by a grow light pamphlet that had fallen out on the living room floor when i was moving cardboard boxes out of my room after the parents had went to sleep. My dad asks me the next morning: "so, what are you growing in there?" with a big cheesy grin. I came clean, and they were all for it! Told me i could use the whole basement and my room if i wanted to. I plan on doing so in the future when i get enough money saved up for a 5x10 tent and all the gear! I have such awesome parents!

Sorry to tangeant in your journal, Twelve, just thought id share a funny story!

Back
Top Bottom