Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm Makes 3 - Perpetual 2000w

Day 15

Lookin great there Pops,

I see that you are using Purple Maxx and Gravity. Are you experimenting with them or are they an established part of your nute regiment? What are your thoughts on these products, do they do what they claim or are they just marketing gimmicks?

I'm switching nutes to the Advanced Sensi Bloom and am starting to research all of these fancy additives so any input would be helpful. By the way the Magic will decimate all who stand in there way this year. :slide:

The Gravity I'm sold on. The Purple Maxx - not so much. I actually think I'm getting more tris now with hydroplex. But I think they're pretty upfront that it won't have as much affect on some strains. I think - as the name says - that's its better on the purple ones - none of which I have ;)

Lookin really good down in the Sub Papa. I think once I get things back in order I'm gonna add the Silica Blast to my Botanicare Lineup

I think lots of folks swear by it - you can see I have pretty floppy plants - I could prolly up the silica. In scrogs was fine without. Standup I need to adjust my feeding a little.

And now a bunch o' pics:

The clone experiment has progressed much like last time. The one's in RW were faster out of the gate, but the ones in the tray have caught up.

Here's a shot of the whole tray. All the clones have been moved there now. The ones on the far right are a strain I call Montana. They were taken 10 days before our stars. On the left are 6 Volde. Middle are 6 Utopia Haze. 5/6 of each look good and one straggler in each. Technically they'll all survive I think, but as you'll see at the bottom - I have backups.

2x4tray.jpg

Here are the gals, I've not done as much to keep them perfect as I prolly shoulda, but I really wanted to stress these systems.

UH_Volde_Clones_Day15b.jpg

Here's the Volde that was the first to show roots, she now has a tap coming through the clay, and there's pretty good amt of roots inside.
volde_root.jpg

Here's a Utopia Haze that has been in the tray the whole time - no RW:
UH_Roots.jpg

Here's the Utopia Haze top that was in the bag. Standing nicely on her own now.
UH_Top_Clone.jpg

Here's the Utopia Haze Mom lookin pretty for Mother's Day.
Utopia_Haze_Mom.jpg

And the Volde Mom:
Volde_Mom1.jpg

After all the headaches with the Volde - here's a wall of Volde in Veg still - I think they're all looking pretty healthy.
Volde_forest.jpg

I took some backup clones a few days ago - just in case:
backups.jpg

And a parting shot of 3 generations of Plants:
Utopia_Family.jpg

Gonna go daown a do a little adjusting of thermostats and stuff in the room and get a bunch of good pics of the big plants and scrog, but here's a teaser of the DH.
dh_week_4.jpg

:yummy::smokin:

Re: Papa Green's Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm makes 3 - Perpetual 2000

Nice work Papa, hope my plants could be healty like yours

Re: Papa Green's Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm makes 3 - Perpetual 2000

Hi Papa Course I'll be rooting for the Laker's fo sure.:grinjoint:

Everything looks great in the sub:bravo:

I really liked the picture showing 3 generations. That was cool! :cheer:

wow nice n tight, great set up !! I had read the L (Volde?) was tough to clone, did you notice at all? Wish I would have grabbed a few!!!

Been A while since I was able to get back into the NBA, shitty team up till recently but it was nice being spoiled and seeing the MAN play in person many times in my partying hay day...Might pay attention a tad more if we can snag a heavy hitter via free agency....Sure do miss the MJ days!!

Is that the top for your buddy to grow a monster plant? I bet he's happy that thing looks awesome! You just cut it, gel, and into the dirt if I remember right...
:bravo: :peacetwo:

Volde is looking great Papa. What did you do to finally get it over it's fussiness?

Nice work Papa, hope my plants could be healty like yours

Yours are as healthy as mine. They look great!

Hi Papa Course I'll be rooting for the Laker's fo sure.:grinjoint:

Everything looks great in the sub:bravo:

I really liked the picture showing 3 generations. That was cool! :cheer:

Thanks OMM. The more we talk the more I like you! Go Lakers! They are stomping Utah in the 4th and apparently last game of this series.

wow nice n tight, great set up !! I had read the L (Volde?) was tough to clone, did you notice at all? Wish I would have grabbed a few!!!

Been A while since I was able to get back into the NBA, shitty team up till recently but it was nice being spoiled and seeing the MAN play in person many times in my partying hay day...Might pay attention a tad more if we can snag a heavy hitter via free agency....Sure do miss the MJ days!!

I am really starting to get excited to smoke the Volde. Such crazy numbers as far as THC and CBD. A few more weeks .... :yahoo:

MJ was a hell of a player! What amazes me about the lakers and why I'm such a long time fan is because of the quality of the organization. They are amazing at bringing in the right combo of players (including a superstar or two of course) and they keep it up year after year. They have been in HALF of all the NBA finals since 1959. That's not random.

Is that the top for your buddy to grow a monster plant? I bet he's happy that thing looks awesome! You just cut it, gel, and into the dirt if I remember right...
:bravo: :peacetwo:

Yubb! Good memory. Just clipped it, dipped it in Rootech, and straight into the pro-mix. I watered it with a 1/4 strength Olivias. The bag for a dome for the first week. And I think she's gonna be fine. The leaves show signs of heat stress (the ridges and super thin leaves) - but that stress was from before she was cut. Being the former top - it was right up near the light, cause I was just gonna cut it off.

Volde is looking great Papa. What did you do to finally get it over it's fussiness?

I wish I had a definitive set of answers for that question. The guidelines in my head that seem to be working are:

#1 - minimal pH drift. She likes right at 5.8 in hydro, 6.2 in soil.
#2 - medium to medium HIGH nutes. 1200ppm in full veg and 1500-1600 in full flower.
#3 - medium to medium LOW cal/mag+. I can never remember the lockout caused by too much cal/mag, but its one of the metallic elements, and it is affected by pH as well as I recall. So I think Cal/Mag and pH are the keys. Too low on the cal/mag and I think they show Mag def quickly. I go about 5-7ml/gallon - not RO water but its only 50ppm from the tap.
#4 Roots - they need a constant supply of water and nutes. They struggle in any kind of transition that interrupts a constant flow of water and nutes. And their roots are fairly slow to stretch. I think that's why they like the pro-mix.

Cloning - I apologize, Vaporeyes asked about cloning the Volde and I forgot to answer.

They seem to clone fine. Perhaps a little more sensitive than others, but I think only in the context of the above 4 points. Compared to other strains I guess they're a little slower, but both the Barney's plants seem a little slower out of the gate. My other strains have been grown by me so many times I think they've adapted to my environment/nute levels a little. And we've gotten 100% survival rate so far this round - but I'd only count 4 or 5 from each group of 6 as really nice clones.

Thanks all for all the great convos!

:peace:

Next big update from the sub will focus on the bigger plants and the equipment in the room. I want to do a sort of tour of the room and see if anyone has any further thoughts on power, etc.. before I have to spend another few hundred $ I don't have.

:thanks::yummy::rollit:

I'm in for a tour of the sub :popcorn: I was a sparky for a number of years at a local industrial plant, I did some home pulls on the side to make extra dough.

Got sick of people trying to get me to piss in a cup even as a sub on the job said screw it... Show us what ya got, what ya need and if I don't have a answer, I will show it to my old sparky mentor that cat is slick!

I knew a cat back then the could make a cap controller or something like it in his sleep, knew relays and automated systems, that dude was good he was a bit of a loon however :peacetwo:

came by to visit....and geek at your grow....love how you can clone....the scrog is still recovering....but turning a llittle greener....tried to neat up th e bud room last night, think all i did was disturb the mini eco system i had going....nice to see someone elses for a change....looking great papa....lavendar, see ya soon...:bravo:

Your ladies look outstanding PG!

:welldone:

I'm in for a tour of the sub :popcorn: I was a sparky for a number of years at a local industrial plant, I did some home pulls on the side to make extra dough.

Got sick of people trying to get me to piss in a cup even as a sub on the job said screw it... Show us what ya got, what ya need and if I don't have a answer, I will show it to my old sparky mentor that cat is slick!

I knew a cat back then the could make a cap controller or something like it in his sleep, knew relays and automated systems, that dude was good he was a bit of a loon however :peacetwo:

That's awesome, Mule. Gonna take advantage of your expertise. Got some pics. Gonna make a run to Home De Pot then I'll be back to talk electrical. I was gonna do it now but I got medicated and took some nifty pics. So fun pics now - electrical later ;)

came by to visit....and geek at your grow....love how you can clone....the scrog is still recovering....but turning a llittle greener....tried to neat up th e bud room last night, think all i did was disturb the mini eco system i had going....nice to see someone elses for a change....looking great papa....lavendar, see ya soon...:bravo:

Your scrog is gonna be fine. You'll be amazed how well they respond to the bends and breaks. Plus, in the scrog there's plenty of support. As far as neatening - we can't all be as neat as Setting Sun and McBudz.

Your ladies look outstanding PG!

:welldone:

:thanks:

Check back in a few for pics - some goodies I think.

:peace:

Pics Update

I went down to take pics of the electrical, got medicated, and got into the buds. I got the stuff of the electrical, but its gonna wait ;)

Here's one of the scrog at one end. Tied up - definitely not the neatest thing around:
scrog_end1.jpg

But its better than the other end - no easy way to tie. Gotta do some thinking here. Its not nearly as bad as this pic makes it look - I don't know whether to yell "Timber" or "Dominos". :rofl:
Had to call in a dozer...
trouble_end_bulldozer.jpg

This is the same end:
bb40.jpg

scrog_medium.jpg

Here you can really see how much more stretch the Utopia Haze had than the others. She really caught me off guard. Never grown the strain before. For all you first time scroggers - this is the gotcha of never grown a strain in a scrog before.
uh_towers.jpg

But if those tops are gonna look like this - I'll live with it:
uh_top5weeks.jpg

Volde Top:
volde_cu1.jpg

Here's some macros from the bud in the above pic:
volde_macro.jpg

volde_macro2.jpg

volde_macro3.jpg

volde_macro4.jpg

volde_tris_week5.jpg

--------------------
Here are two DH on the ground - I call these buds the twin towers:
uh_towers2.jpg

And since I have your attention... lets play "Name that Defficiency":
deficiency.jpg

:peace::thanks:

It's all good Papa... Take your time bro just when your in that "mode" thinking about what your needing to do take some shots... I pulled 3 20 amp circuits to my rooms and have enough wire in the run for a third breaker. I always try to build some redundancy in my runs so I can just change both ends without to much hassle...

When I move my tent again! I'm going to be doing a "remote gang box" out of a sub panel I put in. The way I will be doing is "code" Friendly and it will be mobile and flexible within a 25' circle of the sub panel and have 5 outlets or ten spots to plug in, all will be spaced with timer's in mind even if I don't need timer's on the "box" I will do a little thing on it in my journal... :peace:

It's a jungle in there, Reps if I can! :goodjob:

Beautiful Pics, love the "Dozer". +reps
My vote is magnesium

Edit: can't +reps you again so soon, get ya later bro!

Hey PG, things are looking awesome; you need a chipper in there not a dozer! :ganjamon:

My Volde have finally gotten happy, I guess they are just difficult in their teen stage. I have the same extreme curling of the sugar leaves you have and nice healthy flowering. Mine are a growing slowly.:rollit:

That plant problem - not enough info to tell for sure but I suspect a P deficiency.

nice jungle man. Whats the blue light coming from?

....deficiency? Looks to me like Calcium + Magnesium together. Maybe slight Iron deficiency too. Time to up the CalMag Plus. Nothing too serious I hope.

+REP if I can for the Dozer pic. I could never get myself to set a dozer there. hahahaha...

It's all good Papa... Take your time bro just when your in that "mode" thinking about what your needing to do take some shots... I pulled 3 20 amp circuits to my rooms and have enough wire in the run for a third breaker. I always try to build some redundancy in my runs so I can just change both ends without to much hassle...

When I move my tent again! I'm going to be doing a "remote gang box" out of a sub panel I put in. The way I will be doing is "code" Friendly and it will be mobile and flexible within a 25' circle of the sub panel and have 5 outlets or ten spots to plug in, all will be spaced with timer's in mind even if I don't need timer's on the "box" I will do a little thing on it in my journal... :peace:

It's a jungle in there, Reps if I can! :goodjob:

Thanks, man. I'm gonna post on the electric right now. There's nothing more rude than keeping someone waiting who's offered to help.

Hey PG, things are looking awesome; you need a chipper in there not a dozer! :ganjamon:

My Volde have finally gotten happy, I guess they are just difficult in their teen stage. I have the same extreme curling of the sugar leaves you have and nice healthy flowering. Mine are a growing slowly.:rollit:

That plant problem - not enough info to tell for sure but I suspect a P deficiency.

Really glad in a way to hear your leaves have curled as well. I don't see any real negative effects from it. Mine seem to be growing slowly but constantly as well. It really is amazing how bloated and fat each calyx gets on this strain.

nice jungle man. Whats the blue light coming from?

....deficiency? Looks to me like Calcium + Magnesium together. Maybe slight Iron deficiency too. Time to up the CalMag Plus. Nothing too serious I hope.

+REP if I can for the Dozer pic. I could never get myself to set a dozer there. hahahaha...

The Dozer is Photoshoped in. ;)

The blue light is from white balancing to the yellow of the HPS then using a flash. Everywhere there's flash, but no HPS it goes blue. This one was significantly more blue than usual. But the color of the leaf was right so I kept it.

Thanks to all I didn't quote - I promise I read them all.

I think I'm gonna go with the Cal/Mag/Zinc answer as well. I believe this deficiency was caused by easing back off my normal cal/mag amounts because of the Volde. So I will return to 7-10ml/G for these plants and we'll see what happens. I predict they will recover fairly quickly. Thanks everyone for the help!

---------------------------------

Electrical Situation:

Before I start this convo - I want to be perfectly clear that I am NOT an expert on this stuff. I know just enough to get myself in trouble. So please do not hesitate to point out even the most basic of mistakes, hints, or corrections.

I have a sub panel in the room:
breaker_box.jpg

The other end runs to a 60A breaker at the Main.

The top fuse in this panel is a 50A but it only needs 30A for the AC. So that leaves me a remaining 30A I think.

Two of the other fuses are allocated to the built in lights in the room. They are never on, and I may tap off one or both for any future expansion.

Of the remaining drops - they are all 20A fuses with 12 or 14 wire in the wall. Some would be suitable for 220 as is I believe?

So the current loads are:

Veg Room Drop 1:
Another standup A/C that needs 5.7A. 2x400w lights that use 4.6A each. A wall fan. And one 296gph pump. That load is pretty much maxed out I'd say.

Veg Room Drop 2: Circulating fan low wattage and amperage - I'll get numbers later if necessary. 120v 40w green cfl worklight. 600w 5.8A electronic ballast. 24" Floor Fan - low wattage and amperage - will check later. Again - pretty much maxed.

Flower Room Drop 1:
A dual 600w magnetic ballast 6.8A I think. The dual shares power with the Ebb and Grow controller which powers two 296gph mag drive pumps. I have not put the kill-a-watt on there yet for a real answer on wattage or amperage. When lights are off, there's a green 120v 40w cfl that comes on.

Flower Room Drop 2:
2 x 600w Electronic ballast pulling 5.8A I think. 2x 296gph mag drive pumps for the scrog.

Controller Drop:
The CHHC1 has a dehumidifier and the CO2 Generator plugged in. Not sure on amperage on either off the top of my head. There's also a 6" fan that comes on when the CO2 comes on and an 18" floor fan that blows 24/7 by the A/C.

If you add all that up - its more than 30A for sure. But its never all running simultaneously. But its definitely close.

So here's the $1M question:

If I want to add two more 1K lights and a small A/C - what should I do?
Also, should I think about trying to move to 220 for what I currently have to reduce the amperage?

And please don't say,"Change the sheets and light a cigarette!" :rofl:

I'm sure I've left out lots of necessary info, but this should get the convo started.

TIA!!!!

:thanks::peace::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom