Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm Makes 3 - Perpetual 2000w

Light Rails

On a side note. One thing that has proved to be a little tricky is routing the wires for the lights and motors on the light rails. A 3' run is no biggee, but the 6' runs require some significant planning to accommodate the moving wires.

Also, and perhaps the trickiest aspect of all for me so far - running the ducting. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off in this size room. Basically, think of 6' of ducting getting stretched out to six feet at the far end of the track, but then retracting to a foot at the near end. I think bungees for support is gonna be the answer, but if anyone has any experience with this in a small space, and without using a whole nother trolly just to support the ducting - I definitely am open to suggestions.

:smokin:

Re: Papa Green's Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm Makes 3 - Perpetual 2000

Man, you're doing good. Plumbing always takes me at least 3 trips to town :)

And, 240V all the way :thumb: , I just pulled the trigger on all the stuff to make up a 400w CMH vertical set up... just gotta remember to keep one hand in my pocket when I'm in the panel!

:peace:

Re: Light Rails

Also, and perhaps the trickiest aspect of all for me so far - running the ducting. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off in this size room. Basically, think of 6' of ducting getting stretched out to six feet at the far end of the track, but then retracting to a foot at the near end. I think bungees for support is gonna be the answer, but if anyone has any experience with this in a small space, and without using a whole nother trolly just to support the ducting - I definitely am open to suggestions.

All the ducted light mover setups I have seen just had a bunch of flex duct hanging down. You could put up a pole running parallel to the run just off the ceiling, maybe a curtain rod bracketed to the ceiling. Then put loops like shower curtain rings on the rod. Spread them evenly and then run a sling from each to hold up a section of the flex duct. That way they will all slide together and spread back out evenly, holding the duct up. You probably would need a little slack space at the end so the collapsing duct doesn't kink or go all bendy.

That's all I can think of, and honestly, the air would probably flow better if it just sagged. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with though. You usually DIY pretty good.

Curved light rails would simplify wiring and ducting.

Re: Light Rails

Man, you're doing good. Plumbing always takes me at least 3 trips to town :)

And, 240V all the way :thumb: , I just pulled the trigger on all the stuff to make up a 400w CMH vertical set up... just gotta remember to keep one hand in my pocket when I'm in the panel!

Amen!

All the ducted light mover setups I have seen just had a bunch of flex duct hanging down. You could put up a pole running parallel to the run just off the ceiling, maybe a curtain rod bracketed to the ceiling. Then put loops like shower curtain rings on the rod. Spread them evenly and then run a sling from each to hold up a section of the flex duct. That way they will all slide together and spread back out evenly, holding the duct up. You probably would need a little slack space at the end so the collapsing duct doesn't kink or go all bendy.

That's all I can think of, and honestly, the air would probably flow better if it just sagged. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with though. You usually DIY pretty good.

Curved light rails would simplify wiring and ducting.

You are right. On all counts. I was over thinking it. I have gotten the first stuff in and its working fine. The ducting flops where you would want it to.

The shower curtain rod is a great idea. If the sagging interferes with the plants and the bungie doesn't solve it - then the shower curtain will definitely be the fix.

Thanks.

:tokin:

Re: Papa Green's Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm Makes 3 - Perpetual 2000

pg
great idea about the shower curtain.....that shiney duct stuff weighs nearly nothing.....small spaces are not much fun setting up....then figuring the dynamics of the room is another thing....sounds like your running into stuff i deal with too, the these were supposed to go there, but this didnt happen when it was supposed to, and that other went faster than expected now where do i put it all blues....i know them....REGROUP...had to do some shuffles tonight....looks and sounds great, but alot of work..i did get all the stuff for the vertical scrog and such, just no time right now.....hugs, lol, L

pg
great idea about the shower curtain.....that shiney duct stuff weighs nearly nothing.....small spaces are not much fun setting up....then figuring the dynamics of the room is another thing....sounds like your running into stuff i deal with too, the these were supposed to go there, but this didnt happen when it was supposed to, and that other went faster than expected now where do i put it all blues....i know them....REGROUP...had to do some shuffles tonight....looks and sounds great, but alot of work..i did get all the stuff for the vertical scrog and such, just no time right now.....hugs, lol, L

Hiya Lav. I'll stop by your place later. I just poked in to give a tiny update.

All moving lights are hung and all four 600s are running on a 240v 30a dedicated circuit with a 240v 30a water heater timer (which on the inside is actually a timer that controls two relays - one for each leg of 120+120=240).

I am about to set up the area for the Mazaar plants in dirt. They will get what is basically my most expensive light setup. 5 big CFLs totaling 850w of beautiful mixed spectrum.

Then ...

Drum Roll Please...

:tommy:

The Great Plumbing Test of 2010.

:rofl:

If that works right, then the room is ready. I've been running the CO2 and lights and movers for a day and half and things are under control, and they will only get better as the weather gets cooler.

So, now I'm off to prep for the Mazaar, then the Water Test!

:tokin:

oh this is exciting....long drum roll......mazar huh? dont know nuttin about them....take care, and good luck....on plumbing....yeahhhhh....L

Re: 4:20 Update - Water Test a Success!

It works.

Sub V3 coming soon!

Hey Papa It all sounds good my friend.:grinjoint: You sure like to work. Not!
V3.0 will be killer!.

Gonna plant some Mazar soon too!

By the way.....how's the head? Think about that every once in a while. :smokin:

Hanging on for V3. Always love to see what you come up with Papa.

High Papa Green,

How's v3 coming? Hope the plumbing hasn't been making you and the sub stay on the bottom :)

pinging for papa....
havent seen or heard from you for toooooo long....not fair...let us know your ok pleasse.....waiting....L:peacetwo::tokin:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Nice grow you have here what was your yeild per L just curious was really looking at that girl for myself maybe. Thanks:adore::welldone:

Back
Top Bottom