hi vet. nice new set up.
what's going on with the white buckets and solos ? both are a non starter in hempy.
Thanks mate. Not too concerned about the party cups as they won't be in there too long and my plan is to spray the buckets. I ordered black ones but this is what came.

Thanks mate. Not too concerned about the party cups as they won't be in there too long and my plan is to spray the buckets. I ordered black ones but this is what came.

slip the white cups in to a colored one. you can then monitor root development if you like.

slip the white cups in to a colored one. you can then monitor root development if you like.
Finding coloured ones of this size over here is a nightmare. Not worth the bother. Even the coloured 'solo' cups are stupidly over priced here so I haven't bothered with those either. If the kids haven't used the rest of these ones I'll spray some tonight to use as sleeves.

Finding coloured ones of this size over here is a nightmare. Not worth the bother. Even the coloured 'solo' cups are stupidly over priced here so I haven't bothered with those either. If the kids haven't used the rest of these ones I'll spray some tonight to use as sleeves.

that's odd.. they are actually outlawed here. you can still find them. the suppliers are allowed to sell off the remaining stock, and i think concert halls etc are still allowed use them, though those will probably go to paper some time as well.

i stockpiled some when they announced the ban, and i probably have more than i will ever need. i often use them to give clones away though.

is that a flood table in there ? you could run a flood and drain in perlite as well. it's more gear, but a flood and drain system makes for a great easy hydro approach.

that's odd.. they are actually outlawed here. you can still find them. the suppliers are allowed to sell off the remaining stock, and i think concert halls etc are still allowed use them, though those will probably go to paper some time as well.

i stockpiled some when they announced the ban, and i probably have more than i will ever need. i often use them to give clones away though.
I'm curious to know the reason for outlawing them. You can get them here but they're bigger than what I need and way overpriced. I had a load from a beer pong set years ago but I think the Mrs binned them all.

is that a flood table in there ? you could run a flood and drain in perlite as well. it's more gear, but a flood and drain system makes for a great easy hydro approach.
It's just a tray I knocked together to catch the run off and drain it away. Garland tray with plinth feet glued on and a drain tube. Thought it would make watering easier.
PXL_20220430_220956191.jpg

I am also curious about the flood/drain table you have in there. I have been looking for something similar. What product is that and where did you acquire it? I am looking forward to following this grow as I have been curious about the Mars Hydro grow kits and lights.

EDIT* It looks like you just answered my question.

I'm curious to know the reason for outlawing them. You can get them here but they're bigger than what I need and way overpriced. I had a load from a beer pong set years ago but I think the Mrs binned them all.

there's a plastics ban here. it's likely coming to you soon too. there's all sorts of stuff that are now banned here.
sealed bulb light bulbs is another. all the hid bulbs are now going to be extinct. household first, there's fewer and fewer places to get them.

It's just a tray I knocked together to catch the run off and drain it away. Garland tray with plinth feet glued on and a drain tube. Thought it would make watering easier.

looks good. you essentially built a flood table. wouldn't take much get it all the way there.

EDIT* It looks like you just answered my question.
:thumb: Welcome EZ. Happy to have you here.
looks good. you essentially built a flood table. wouldn't take much get it all the way there.
Maybe that'll be the next project when I get bored then.
there's a plastics ban here. it's likely coming to you soon too. there's all sorts of stuff that are now banned here.
Makes sense. To be fair a lot of the big shops only sell paper cups now. I keep meaning to buy some non-disposable plastic cups that I could use repeatedly for a long time.

Makes sense. To be fair a lot of the big shops only sell paper cups now. I keep meaning to buy some non-disposable plastic cups that I could use repeatedly for a long time.

there's always gonna be something to use. i started saving my used shampoo bottles for hempy cups lol. just cut the tops off. the larger ones are big enough to bring a clone to flower. could do a killer sog in them if you gathered enough

Ball, the company that makes mason jars and lids, is making these aluminium 'solo' cups now. 1 set should last a lifetime.
futurism.jpg
Ah yeah I forgot I'd seen these on your journal. Which surprises me because they look awesome. Thanks mate, I'll have a look for some.

This is sick. Next grow my goal is to do something like this and automate waterin

Thanks all. Glad you could make it. I know you're all very busy with so many great journals to follow so I appreciate any time you can drop by.

I'll add a few tags for those who may not have seen this yet. I'll miss a ton and probably tag some that have already made it to the party.
@Verbalist @Trala @Rexer @bluter @Listersmeghead @MGD420 @Krissi1982 @BooWho2 @Stunger @DonkeyDick @syenite @Dohc007 @Gandalfthewhite @Bill284 @HappyHazmat88 @cr8grow @Simomas @BossCat
Hey Vet!
Thanks for the tag, I'm in!
I'm on a bit of a "break", but that's coming to an end...meanwhile I'll follow along and watch some hempy magic :)

Ball, the company that makes mason jars and lids, is making these aluminium 'solo' cups now. 1 set should last a lifetime.
futurism.jpg

never seen those here. looks like a good solution.

‘Ello, ‘ello, ‘ello!

Whot we got ‘ere then guv’na?!

And a fancy invitation too!

So it’s a sponsored grow yeah? Does that mean I have to put my knickers back on and utter no naughty words?!

‘Ello, ‘ello, ‘ello!

Whot we got ‘ere then guv’na?!

And a fancy invitation too!

So it’s a sponsored grow yeah? Does that mean I have to put my knickers back on and utter no naughty words?!
You be you Tra! Glad you could make it.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom