VictorVonDoom's 1st Grow - Converted Mini Fridge - Indoor/Soil 2013

Hey CC,

I am kinda, i like to keep them on as i dont want it to stress the plant with rapidly changing light levels.

I try to always have a dark pair of sunglasses on when i open up the fridge, gotta look after your peepers.

Nice for the heads up, still

Mega bummer. So sorry to hear about your sprout. :sorry: I've been dreading this same type of thing. I'm constantly pulling on the lights and moving things around checking stability.

And I have a particularly free-spirited cat. No matter how many times I've chased her off my kitchen counters, I still find kitty paw-prints up there. I worry she's going to climb my shelves and knock over a plant. I saw my other cat doing "the meerkat" pose next to my GDP pot. I chased him off and he usually obeys - he knows who gives him the kitty nip. Still I fear one of my cats is going to topple over a plant someday. :bitingnails:

Aaand I'm rambling :joint: :nomo:

Good luck with that seed.

Edit: Little Miss Rachel Suavay is WW x Skunk! And she's a monster grower - New City Grower 1.0

Cheers for the luck, yeah cats are very curious little buggers arn't they, your set up is covered though i take it? I like the shelving idea, its perfect really, could support a grow and flower room, may be even a small clone area too.
I decided to re enforce the on the walls again, really dont want that do we now. Could you imagin it happening in flower, make's my heart sink.
So hopefully lesson learned.

How many days into your grow are you now?

I've jumped on that thread you posted, are they just starting the ww x skunk ? got a bit lost up that massive thread if i'm honest

Yeah, it's covered most of the time when I'm not downstairs in the room, and I hope it's enough to keep their curiosity down. Seems they're more intrigued with things I try to block off or keep out of their reach though.

I'm on day 8 now. Things are going fine... slow, but fine. :thanks: for asking.

And yep, that WWxSkunk was popped on 10/5/2013. Her story starts on post 1005. I'm her god-mother :circle-of-love:

& a proud God-Mother at that! :green_heart:

Day 5

Fridge Mod 1.3

-Improve Air Flow
Added a 80mm fan out of my computer.

Day_5_-_Fridge_Mod_1_3.JPG

Seems they're more intrigued with things I try to block off or keep out of their reach though.

I'm on day 8 now. Things are going fine... slow, but fine. :thanks: for asking.

And yep, that WWxSkunk was popped on 10/5/2013. Her story starts on post 1005. I'm her god-mother :circle-of-love:

Hey Dres,

Alot like human do, haha. your few day infront on me. fingers crossed :thumb:

That thread is super long, good stuff from what i was reading.

The soil still wet. It looks moist to me and if that is case the green is a growth. What I am not sure but it would be a concern of mine if I was growing them.

What type of soil you using ?

It's just a generic Multipurpose compost for seedlings and cuttings.

You think it might be from over watering?

Can I just remove the green and add new?

Thanks for the quick responce

Maybe it could be algae? I think I read tapwater can sometimes have algae in it.

I think it is more often from overwatering. Make sure to let the soil dry out really well between watering and make sure the soil drains really well. Maybe add some perlite if you're not sure. My medium is 70% perlite/vermiculite for mega-drainage. I water only a little bit every 3-4 days. My soil looks/feels dry probably 85% of the time. It is maybe just the tiniest bit damp about an inch down into the soil before I water. And sometimes I think I let them dry even more! :whoa:

it is algae growing on the top of the soil, your soil is staying too moist for the amount and frequency you are watering. let the soil dry out more between waterings. do you have holes for drainage in the bottom of your pot? simply remove the algae from the soil.

@Dresney I think cats just like MJ. I grew a plant on my back porch this summer and my cat would actually curl up under the foliage and nap in the sun. When things got too crowded she practically lived next to it on the back steps. When I grew years ago I had a cat that prowled the plants I had going in the back yard, then when I harvested he would come running as soon as we lit a joint. He always got the second and fourth toke then after a few hijinks he would curl up and go to sleep

Probably from over water we all over water our new seedlings the first time. I would hold off and maybe ask around and see what someone with more experience has to say. Pop over to one of the busy journals and ask for some help if you want a answer faster. I am no expert

Thanks for the advice CC,

I have some chilli plants also growing in the same soil which are a month older they also have this on the soil. They are still growing and super healthy, but when i saw this on my babys i thought i better ask on here.
I decided to take of a thin layer of soil off the top, and i'm gonna check that it doesnt re-appear. If it does then I will cover with soil.

I've seen people posting about there problems on other people thread and wasnt sure about it. It can kinda break up the flow of someones journal and didnt really wanna do it unless it was an absolute emergency. As I know there is always a few people who are subscribed that might check it one a week or summit. So was happy to wait.

Big up

Much respect to Dresney and KingJohnC

I use aquarium water to hydrate the plants. i'll try that watering method out.
And I dont have any holes in the bottom.

All green was removed last night. the plants are doing super, so hopefully no long term damage.

Thanks again

Peace out

Back
Top Bottom