Watch This Flux - 1st 420 Outdoor Fluxing - Presents Fluxy Lady - Fully Restrained

Re: B A R Re: up his sleeve

lol, thanks cajun :high-five:, it;s my first flux, she was started in Dec 2013!

are you a fluxer?
You all remember what commercial this is from:
I'm a Fluxer, he's a Fluxer, she's a Fluxer, Wouldn't you like to be a Fluxer too...

Do the headstand, trichomes. You will never forgive yourself if you don't. Grab the moment. Here, this will ensure you don't break anything...:passitleft:
I would probably hurt myself, will you settle for this?

P8249323.jpg

:goof:
Still laughing.. :laughtwo:

By the way. I usually use 2 to 3 trimmers. Once one is full of trichcombes I put it in the freezer for about 30 mins and then scrape of the hash and keep repeating until I have a ball of kief.
Great share neighbor! I'll definitely be purchasing more shears before my next harvest after reading that. Simple but brilliant...

Congrats on your harvest Trix...

Re: Fluxy harvest

By the way. I usually use 2 to 3 trimmers. Once one is full of trichcombes I put it in the freezer for about 30 mins and then scrape of the hash and keep repeating until I have a ball of kief.

Thanks budda, I just learned the freezer makes the sticky scrape off easier, when cold? please confirm,

I have just put 2 pair in the icebox & if stickytrix's doesn't come off easier,,,,,,,you,,,,,,,,,,,you,,,

I will have to trim with cold scissors :high-five::thanks: for your TIP!

Stump facts

I know that it may be best to put a lot of this in one post, maybe next time.

*Stump was measured at it's widest point, 7.0" / 17.7cm's in circumference

2 largest limbs were same at widest point 2.5" / 6.35cm's in circumference

*this is 26 hours after being pulled, so is this pic.

P8259414.png

she's still hanging/drying, in one piece. :thanks: for all the :green_heart:,.. .. ,, . :ciao:

Re: Stump facts

Rado, please try to convince me that I should do a wash, maybe 26 hours is too late? She's still in one piece, shade and all large leaf, has been trimmed, she has hardly started to dry.

Thank you, Rado

She was just weighed again, at 3.4 pounds / 1.54 kg's (after trimming, b4 she was 4.0)

Any other bud washing supporters, please chime in with some reasons on why you do it & what differences you have noticed.

One of my biggest concerns is trichomes coming off, in the wash, don't want any of that risked. Thank you, chimers! :love:

Re: Watch This Flux - 1st 420 Outdoor Fluxing - Presents Fluxy Lady - Fully Restraine

I washed 3-4 ounces final dry weight.

I very carefully collected all the residue from the three buckets - decanted, strained, filtered and dried. Took hours.

Yes - there were trichomes in the residue - enough for two hits.

Trichomes on the washed buds did not show any breakage or deformation.

Your fears are unfounded based on my experience.

At the absolute minimum wash half.

I've never seen anyone say they regretted washing.

I've never seen anyone say they didn't notice an improvement.

Just do it!

Wish I was there to help

:circle-of-love:

p.s. - washing is much gentler than a heavy rain......

p.p.s. very cold water could make trichomes brittle

p.p.p.s. - think of all the looperpoop and bat poop you'll be removing!

Re: Watch This Flux - 1st 420 Outdoor Fluxing - Presents Fluxy Lady - Fully Restraine

We should have measured how close she was to the top of the wall! She is massive, Trichomes! I have just loved watching her grow!

I say wash some and compare and you will have your answer! :circle-of-love::thumb:

Re: WTF! Watch This Flux, 1st 420 Outdoor Fluxing, presents "Fluxy Lady" fully restra

Good morning BB!! care to wake-n-vape with me? I have fresh bags loaded for anybody that shows up here tonight. (today in your case).

Great to see your 420 BB-footprints around lately :high-five:

OK, I filled 4, who's up first? :volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley:

We should have measured how close she was to the top of the wall! She is massive, Trichomes! I have just loved watching her grow!

I say wash some and compare and you will have your answer! :circle-of-love::thumb:

oooohhhwwwww, good wash-idea MnMs! the wall-# is easy, I have lotsa pics for that measurement, I appreciate your fresh ideas!

Can you stay for a bag? :volcano-smiley: Ladies first :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wash!! :cheer:

Don't have any arguments or experience, but this post convinced me. Read it and see if you disagree.

Doc Bud

I'm glad to see people are adopting my bud washing technique!

Yes, I "invented" it. I shared it with you folks here on 420....and nowhere else. I've never met, spoken to, or heard about anyone else doing it before I tried it.....and I enjoy freaking people out by putting fresh buds in a bucket of water....

But as many have said here, the results speak for themselves!

Let me put it to you like this:

Let's say I grew lettuce, cucumbers, tomatos and carrots in my basement. It's dusty down there, I've got fans flowing all around....battled with some PM, had some mites.....every now and then I get some rot or other disease on my plants....bugs flying around, dead skin cells, hair.....and I spray the plants with compost tea, fish fertilizer, kelp meal, etc.

So, you wanna come over for a salad? We'll just pull the veggies out of the ground, plop 'em in a bowl and start eating! No need to wash.....right?

The first time you wash your harvest and see all that brown crap left behind you'll begin to see the light! Then, when you smoke your first washed harvest, you'll understand.

For those who are new to this, here's my method:

4 buckets total. (5 gallon buckets are perfect)

Bucket 1: 3 parts RO water to 1 part 3% H202.
Bucket 2: 5 gallons of RO with 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup Lemon Juice
Buckets 3 and 4: RO only.

Cut down plants, pull off fan leaves by hand, remove any necrotic leaves. Leave sugar leaves and anything with frosting on the plant.

Fully submerge in bucket 1 (H2O2) for 30 seconds. Submerge for a full minute if you had ANY sign of PM or bud rot. Let water drip from buds and then.....

Fully submerge in buckets 2 through 4 for 30 seconds each...lightly agitating the whole time.

Allow produce to drip dry. You can blow a fan on it if you like, just make sure it's blowing clean air.

Hang and dry per usual.

Final manicure of buds is best done after they dry. It goes very fast and you're left with washed, highly resinous trim....makes superb joints. I'm also educating my customers to select untrimmed buds, which are actually better than the manicured ones because they still have sugar leaves attached. The trichomes in the leaves have more THC than those in the buds.....so it's good to get the whole spectrum in there.

I give instructions for this in my journals, as I do it every single week, on every single harvest. Once you try it, you'll never go back.

This works so well for a couple reasons:

1. takes off dirt, foliar sprays, bugs, fiberglass dust, etc.
2. fully hydrates the leaves, allowing photosynthesis to occur for a day or two on cut and trimmed buds. I recommend leaving a light on the buds for the first day or two after washing.

This results in very, dense, clean burning, smooth tasting produce! That's the basic recipe....and I'm tweaking and changing it all the time.

Warning: Do NOT use an "organic produce wash" that is based on oils! They sell these in grocery stores and health food stores, and while they might be good for lettuce and cukes....the oil removes resin from the plants.....don't use it!

Water will not harm resin....oil can and does.

Anyone who wants to know more about my methods is welcome to ask me about them anytime!

I washed 3-4 ounces final dry weight.

I very carefully collected all the residue from the three buckets - decanted, strained, filtered and dried. Took hours.

Yes - there were trichomes in the residue - enough for two hits.

Trichomes on the washed buds did not show any breakage or deformation.

Your fears are unfounded based on my experience.

At the absolute minimum wash half.

I've never seen anyone say they regretted washing.

I've never seen anyone say they didn't notice an improvement.

Just do it!

Wish I was there to help

:circle-of-love:

p.s. - washing is much gentler than a heavy rain......

p.p.s. very cold water could make trichomes brittle

p.p.p.s. - think of all the looperpoop and bat poop you'll be removing!

ok, I'm sold, thanks slomo, I feel safe with your comment, I trust it &, know where you live. I will go round up large containers and clean them.

How about a reply on what goes in these buckets of warm, med & room temp buckets?

I will find it, if I have to do both, so be it, pleeeeeeease!, I'll throw in 3 fresh bags, in advance :volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley:

Do you want me to dismember her? I'd rather not, I will do, what you think is best, where's Rado when I/we need him?

I hope he did not get stuck in the mudd, he has a lot of of that in his fenbog. :wood::wood: Radogieser :wood:

:hug: Rado & slomo :hug: you 2 know what goes in these tubs of warm, luke & room temp agua.:popcorn:

oooohhhwwwww, good wash-idea MnMs! the wall-# is easy, I have lotsa pics for that measurement, I appreciate your fresh ideas!

Can you stay for a bag? :volcano-smiley: Ladies first :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will see your bag :volcano-smiley: and I'll raise you another! :volcano-smiley:

You better learn how to bud-wash real quick 'cause you gotta get start washing!
No worries, you'll do great!! :cheer:

Wash!! :cheer:

Don't have any arguments or experience, but this post convinced me. Read it and see if you disagree.

Doc Bud

nice, thank you daT, just you & me, I have :volcano-smiley: & your favorite coffee brewing now. You da bomb :thumb:

I trust in Dr Bud aka HiBrixGuy

I'll be up late again, it's now 10 PM, plenty of time to wash-da-bud-dub-in-da-tubs

Hey buddy. Got the rep and here you go.

Smokerjoes 2nd Journal

Everyone is welcome. See you around trich

Back
Top Bottom