Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

My SSD flux just getting settled in her new home
20160730_173441.jpg

Here is a quick update to my mini-flux of white widow. It's day 49 and just a day shy of a week of having the lights flipped. The flux with four side nodes is on the left. The other ww on the right has had very little trimming done.

I'm kind of torn on what I should do with other fan leaves on the flux. I know I should take off the over/unders. I can definitely be more aggressive and trim more but now that I've flipped the lights I was thinking of just moving leaves out of the way. Appreciate any thoughts.

Hope everyone is well :Namaste:

Day_496.JPG

Here are my two white widow ladies at 66 days and 23 in flower. I'm guessing that most of the major stretch is over. I recently did some internal defoil to give airflow and help find spider mites or other possible bugs.

Really liking the canopy on the mini-flux.:high-five:

:passitleft::passitleft:

Day_66_23f.JPG

Figured I'd drop this here for anyone's interest in the start of a Tri Flux. The smaller of the 3 arms will be the one that gets layered. We will see if that has increase in growth on that node in comparison to the other 2.

This is Delicious Candy (Previously known as Cheese Candy) by Delicious Seeds.

IMG_683112.JPG

Also we have PurplePiss2 who will get straight Fluxed as well.

IMG_68389.JPG

Here is an update on my mini-flux (on the left). About 10 days away from harvest. I got solid buds on both but those on the mini-flux are much more significant than the other. I have 10 nodes - 4 each side and the two ends. I've got a few inner buds that have grown very nicely too. I'm very interested in seeing which one yields more. It's going to be close.

If you've got the time, the flux will definitely yield much more. I couldn't go longer than the 4 set on each side so it may be close to a tie.

The circles are the ones that I backbuilt on. Something I will definitely do every grow going forward.

More to come..:passitleft:

ww_day_93-50_wwa_pair-6500.JPG

Boy is this thread a monster! I'm gonna try this out with a 20 gallon rubbermaid tote under a 315 watt CMH. I got a few boxes of galvanized steel landscaping staples laying around so I think I'll use them to secure the arms. The only thing I'm confused about is the term "micro-topping". How does this differ from regular topping that's commonly used?

Boy is this thread a monster! I'm gonna try this out with a 20 gallon rubbermaid tote under a 315 watt CMH. I got a few boxes of galvanized steel landscaping staples laying around so I think I'll use them to secure the arms. The only thing I'm confused about is the term "micro-topping". How does this differ from regular topping that's commonly used?

It doesn't :) its just topping on the most tiny scale you can manage :)

It doesn't :) its just topping on the most tiny scale you can manage :)

So it's just topping to the third when the fourth and fifth are still small? Hell, that's how I've always topped. Never made much sense to me to let those nodes grow big when you're just gonna lop them off anyway.

I like how this training method is similar to scrog without the huge pain in the ass that is tucking and weaving. Seems great for spaces with height restrictions, which is perfect for me since I only have about 3 feet of headroom after pot size, light distance, and all that gets accounted for. I was gonna try the standard manifold method but this one seems like a superior method for my needs. Now I just need to pick a container and get going. I can't decide between a rubbermaid tote, a smart pot, or an air pot.

I'm gonna try a new layering method with my soil this time to hopefully increase root growth and accessibility to oxygen. I'm gonna start with a layer of large perlite in the bottom, followed by a layer of soil that I threw together using FF HF, worm castings, perlite, composted manure, and natural charcoal. I'll repeat the layers until the pot is full then drop a girl in once she gets too big for the old solo cup. The soil has been dosed heavy with myco and beneficial bacteria, so that combined with the increased oxygen in the root zone should make for some explosive root growth. It'll also help with drainage which is always a plus in my opinion. One thing I've learned over the years is that cannabis doesn't like a constantly moist soil, it prefers periods of moisture followed by drought.

Back
Top Bottom