Wren’s 3x3: x4 Gorilla Glue By Elev8 Seeds In DBHBB, May 2019

Too many journals....lost a couple pages...bahh.
:passitleft: Evenin Ken , Ween , Kid and friends. Couple 'kit' things. It's very cool to see peeps who learn , then teach others. Much respect Ween. In Doc's original instructions , he had stated to give two pure water drinks between Drenches. Since then , we found out that giving 1/4 Trans between them was helping,...after that growers started to only give one watering between Drenches and that one would be with 1/4 Trans. Now i'm hearing growers not giving ANY pure water drinks between Drenches. OK, this will /has lead to issues. There is a reason Doc wants his products used according to directions. Once a grower learns how the kit works by a few grows, then , and only then is 'tweeking' advised. Learn how it all works , first. It's just like ...when ya can't figure out how to put the damn Xmas gift together .....oh , till ya read the instructions...duhh. If no pure water (or close to it) is given during the grow, later runs of soil will suffer. FYI, i have found , when giving those pure water drinks...add some Tea to it. All the good stuff , is in the soil..just keep the microbes , alive and happy , eating all the minerals, (rocks) .
With giving Brix.....bestest to give any , and all foliars a couple days AFTER, or BEFORE a Drench , not the same day...too much . By giving it then , you can see the lil boost it gives them. Anyhow , hope i haven't bored ya'l....enjoy the night Ken, Ween, Kid and friends.:circle-of-love:

Thanks for the info Duggan :adore: u always put it in a way I totally get.

I got carried away with reading how heavy others may have been feeding their plants and the results they got. Forgot I’m still just on the second grow. Luckily I only skipped a couple plain waterings so I hope I haven’t messed up my 2nd and 3rd runs of soil.

I have given Brix before when I have fed plants so I’ll stop that nonsense aswell.
Usually I do try to do it on a different day.

How much tea are you adding to plain water ? Makes a lot of sense just keep the bio herd running strong and don’t salt up or clog up the soil too much from all the feed.

After this grow I will have to re amend my soil as the kit will be through one grow.

I have half my soil actually just in the bin. I need to make a order with Doc for recharge and tea.

Is recharge just the same as first run rock? But a lesser amount ?

If I wanted to start cooking my 2nd run soil now. What do you guys suggest I do?

I think I lost 1-2 gallons of soil when I moved 4 plants to a friends. I have Promix HP in the house and 15lbs EWC and RO.

I think I have second run rock but that bag isn’t labelled. It looks to be about 2/3 or so of what the First Run quantity is.

Hey Ken, yes , u can start cooking the next batch of soil whenever it suits you. As long as it cooks for a month your good. It's ok if it cooks longer ,..no matter how long ok! It doesn't go 'bad'. With the Tea, just include a 'splash'(sorry Gazoo..lmfao) every time you water or Drench OK. Every time is totally fine. I just use the bottle cap for measuring now...1/2 a cap..does it. Ha.
I stopped measuring out kit liquids about 6 yrs. ago The only thing i measure out now is the amendment , cuz i get it in bulk, so...
For the amount of soil u lost to your friend...no worriez...just add some fresh PM and a couple handfuls of EWC's...that's all. Hope this has helped bud....cheers eh.

What kind of strains would you guys recommend to grow in the Kit and that are fruity/terp heavy ?
Also is there any fruity ACE strains ?

The Blueberry from Dutch Passion has been the best one I've tried, it's not always blueberry but it is always fruity and potent.
Black Cherry Punch from In House has some intense cherry phenos and the non cherry ones are fruity fuel.
Try Snow moon from ACE, you'll get some really exotic fruity smells and tastes from that one.

1/2 a Cap of tea to water and Drenches.... I like that simplicity. That helps a lot brother thanks. Only thing is how much rocks to use when I re cook ? Do I use a first run ? Sorry I have likely asked this before. Just wanna make sure. I ordered some extras from Doc last time and I got a first run rock bag which I believe is used for 2nd run amending. And also another bag of rocks with no label. I’m thinking this is recharge .. it’s about 40% of what the first run baggie weighs.

Ok well that’s not bad I can get DP BB seeds locally. Better prices then the expensive DJ shorts and what not online. Plus sometimes orders don’t make it depending on where your buying. Dopy’s looked pretty appealing to me to say the least!

I’ve been watching you guys grow the BCP with great success just never found a place to buy the seeds and ship to Canada or I may have bought a pack by now.

I’ve seen the Snow Moon but did not realize it was so fruity. Thanks for the tip I’ll definitely give it a go once I make a ACE order.

Was over on Dugg’s journal and he mentioned he made a purchase form TrueNorthSeedBank and liked the service. I also get my seeds there and I can attest the shipping is always fast. And the products are good. But I don’t like the Canuck seeds breeder based on my experiences they don’t germinate well at all.

Cheers guys going to finish catching up on Dugg’s current grow. Only realized he had a new one up last night :passitleft:

Day 54 of Flowering

Checked up on the girls last night and they are still drinking well. Pots were pretty light so I gave them TP+tea. Nothing too strong. There was a lot of stems falling over. Took me 2 hours to stake up all the plants and tie up the hanging colas. Will brix them Friday evening. Then back to plain water with tea.

Trichomes are all 10% clear 90% Milky on all plants except the one with the biggest bud. The top colas are showing a little amber but only on the very top exposed to the light. Figure I can push them another 10-14 days if not a few more.

Here are the clones coming back under the HLG100V2

Have a great day gang off to work :slide:

Howdy Gang , quick update on the Garden.

It’s Day 57 of flowering and I’ve been using the x60 loupe to keep tabs on trichomes the last week or so.

Continuing to see hardly any ambers except on the top colas of the “fat bud plant”

Hoping to give GI+tea tomm night. Then a plain water+tea in around 9-10days. Then a final GI+tea to finish them out at approx 18-20days from now.

Hoping the trichomes stay cloudier than amber.

I gave a brix last night and pots were still moist so another day or two before next feeding.

The buds are swelling up quite nicely. They smell of Sour Diesel / hints of chocolate or sweets and one has a bit of a fruity or berry smell coming through.

Frost coverage is good and the resin is out of control. I think I will press 7g of this and see what the rosin is like.

I also cracked and bought more seeds as I had passed by the local grow store that carry HSO. DNA and Dinafem genetics.

Decided to re buy Raspberry Diesel to phenohunt more. And grabbed this Bubba’s Gift as it has a very fast flowering time and I know HSO’s Bubba Kush is good. Nice flavour and terpene profile aswell.

Really like HSO genetics and quality haven’t gone wrong with the 3 strains I have grown of their stuff.

Here’s my Maui wauis by Nirvana Seeds in the 5x5. Just topped them. They are around day 21 of veg.

Going to be interesting seeing how much these stretch. LST starts for these little ladies this week.

That’s it for now, hope everyone has a safe work week :thumb:

Hey Wren! Plants look awesome! Seems like a pretty long time between drinks but you can't argue with your results. My flowering girls usually got a drink every 4-5 days.

Rock on!

:theband:

Sup Brotha Ween! Thank ya kindly, ya I may have been high as a kite when I was thinking about all that. I get lost on the days and the grow at times:passitleft:

I feel like 3 of the 4 have slowed down drinking a little bit. I last watered them Thursday Evening and now it’s Monday. So maybe 5 full days is more like it. That was my anxiety talking trying to do a worst case scenario to get 2 GI’s in before chop time I guess :bong:

Ever since the Cat drenches these gorillas have been ramping up. Really happy with the crown nugs on these girls. The mid canopy and lower will surely be larf but I’m thinking about a sectional harvest. Top half then let the bottoms get some real light for 2-3 weeks.

Not sure if this is a great idea. Thoughts ?

How is your home coming along Ween ? Is it almost done ? House party soon ? Hope it’s going well as can be! Thanks for the kind words and guidance as always :adore::circle-of-love:

Some tasty buds ....sakes..
:yummy:. Ya , me too..during veg., they get every 7 days, roughly,...when in bloom , and much larger, every 5 days , usually. That's with two plants drawing from the same pot , so, kind of screws that all up eh.:passitleft:

Hiyas Duggs , hope ur having a sweet day brotha! Glad ya like the nuggets. The kit has knocked this grow out of the park again! I was worried that these wouldn’t have nice bud formations and it would be really leafy but nope. The calyx’s swelled out really nice. The diesel genes are showing the light nicely on the tallest gal.

5 days sounds. About right. I watered Thursday evening and I think they will need more Tommorrow night or Wed at the latest so yep 5-6 days.

They are on Day 57-58 now. Quickly approaching the breeder Flower time. So GI+tea Tomm or Wed.

Then plain Water + tea 5-6 days later and back to a GI for the finale.

I’m pumped to be growing the Maui’s in 15gal pots. The tent is a 5x5. Am I asking for trouble with that choice ? I could go with x4 10s if the 15s will blow the Maui’s up too much. I like a nice 35-45 even 50day veg to get the roots nice and dense. But may need to adjust for Wowie grow.

Cheers guys! And thank you for watching over my grows really means a tonne!

Got my 2nd Run soil mixed up and watered down also. Split the 652g first run ziplock in half. After I dropped it on the kitchen floor and had to vacuum it up to reclaim the rocks :rofl:

Fuck sakes I knew I shouldn’t have smoked a fatty before the work got done. Lol have a great night guys will share another update soon. Going to find a black towel or sheet and try and do a decent photo shoot to show off the girls before the chop.

Anyone ever use one of these ?

Wonder how well it would work for bud shots.

How is your home coming along Ween ? Is it almost done ? House party soon ? Hope it’s going well as can be! Thanks for the kind words and guidance as always :adore::circle-of-love:

Still a couple months out but they're really cranking on it. Thanks for asking!

I am not sure about chopping the tops first but I've never tried that. My thought is it's probably more hassle than its worth.

Both Yeti and I have found that 70 days post flip seems to be a very common chop time, excluding the long flowering sativa. That puts you at about 2 weeks. Don't worry so much about water between GI's, you can do them back to back but if the timing works then slip in a 1/4 trans with tea between.

:passitleft:

Hey brother Wrenn! Things are looking right on track in there. You're in for a frosty harvest that's for sure! :slide:

Still a couple months out but they're really cranking on it. Thanks for asking!

I am not sure about chopping the tops first but I've never tried that. My thought is it's probably more hassle than its worth.

Both Yeti and I have found that 70 days post flip seems to be a very common chop time, excluding the long flowering sativa. That puts you at about 2 weeks. Don't worry so much about water between GI's, you can do them back to back but if the timing works then slip in a 1/4 trans with tea between.

:passitleft:

Getting close eh? That’s awesome! I bet your excited to get back into your garden! Can’t wait to see your next grow.

My sister and brother in law just got a new house in caledonia. That is out Duggans way past Hamilton,ON. Maybe I can meet ya one day Duggs I have some HB Nuggets u might like to try :passitleft:

I’ll be out there helping with their renovations for the next few weekends. He has a 40X30 Workshop with Hydro and heat. Sat we pour new concrete floors as my bro in law owns a salt water reef tank buisness here in toronto. I’d love to use that workshop or even some of it for growing lol. He will have many fish tanks in there. He’s a great plumber and electrician. We installed radiant floor heating aswell. Will share some pics on my journals so y’all can see what we’re up too!

Feels great to make upgrades to your castle!

I have done only one grow where I left lowers on a CKS NL auto. It was a good choice then but i maybe got the mid and lowers to gain a little more weight before I took them. Likely more a hassle then worth running the tent for 7-14days extra.

I got the GI in last night as pots were light enough. The big Sativa leaner drinks fast and droops fast. So will see if the 1/4 TP / Tea can get “fit in” in a few more days. Def want to finish on GI.

They smell nicer now with last nights GI. Sweeter and some buds are back-building on their own!

The tall Sat Leaner also was the first to show Purple colours on a few tallest colas.

Thanks for checking in Ween have a great Friday Jr!

Mornin Ken...ya the 10 and 15 will give simikar results as far as "blowing up".Watever you decide . .train them young to a bush and watch your height.
Either 10 's or 15's....both are a good choice.

Howdy Duggs, thanks for the tips :ganjamon::passitleft: Hope your having a good morning bud.

LST has begun! I’m guessing it would be a bad idea to veg them 1-2 weeks in the final pots before flipping like I normally have been ?

Topped them at day 19-20. LST now until the roots fill the 1Gal. Then Transplant and Flip same time ? Maybe even 2nd topping and if needed in stretch Supercrop if things start to get away from me ? Sound like a decent plan ?

Couple more bud shots from yesterday

2E43410E-6DBA-43FD-92F0-0DCFF5CACA37.jpeg

Nice purpling on these few colas.

50CA9CC9-33AC-445A-B8DC-3B499E6C1124.jpeg

7D43B212-7A74-440F-8E46-DA1A6A9D1E40.jpeg

C1326B07-785A-4C7C-A284-F55D4F35D520.jpeg

Finishing up the Raspberry Diesel Nuggets. Man these came out nice!

287584CE-9068-4D73-9920-B860E466AB90.jpeg

0539ADF8-3213-4C90-B414-470F33252978.jpeg

96CF9901-A4E3-4816-BD39-6A056C2A2228.jpeg

I could not have grown this level of quality without everyone here. Thank you so much!

Hey Ken....great day to ya !
Yes , pretty close to Caledonia
Im in Kitchener, so ..not too far.Would love to try your produce and meet u.
As far as vegging for a couple weeks...no worriez....i do it every grow...but i got big pots ..so....In your situation, u should be fine.
However if less than 7 gal pots are being used...i would not recomend it...ok!
Cheers

Hey Ken....great day to ya !
Yes , pretty close to Caledonia
Im in Kitchener, so ..not too far.Would love to try your produce and meet u.
As far as vegging for a couple weeks...no worriez....i do it every grow...but i got big pots ..so....In your situation, u should be fine.
However if less than 7 gal pots are being used...i would not recomend it...ok!
Cheers
:passitleft: heyas Duggs! Kitchener Eh? Right on! I pass by your place often. Always nice to share and let others enjoy it too.

Hmm just to clarify I meant like a 30-35 day Veg in the 1s so that’s like 6weeks+. Then Upcan to 15Gal , and continue Veg for 1-2 weeks. Then Flip. That’s how I have done the Raspberry grow and now these Gorillas.

Do you mean just 2 weeks Veg in 1s that’s it or in the final pots after all the smaller pot vegging ?

Maybe they won’t be as hard to handle as some other reviews state on the breeders webpage. Probably won’t be as long as the grower tops. Doesn’t Veg for ever. And flips fast enough. Sorry for the confusion haven’t grown anything more Sativa then Rasberry Diesel and it’s only 75/25 with the most Sativa Leaning phenotypes.

Cheers Duggs and thanks for the insight. Hope ya have a chill evening brotha :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom