1st Ever Grow, LED, White Widow Auto

Wee hours of day four from breaking soil and the seedling ( Ginger ) with the paperclip crutch hasn't really shown any growth over the last 2 days. Still green, so I think she's just shy and making a better root system. The other seedling ( Maryanne ) looks great! I see the second set of leaves just starting to peek out from the center. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I had one like this she is slower and a couple weeks behind but it made it she is on my journal. My girl was wilted leaning everything. The shock on the autos in my opinion is like a concussion to them it could take 2 weeks to clear it's head lol. But also for me the shock is like an on off switch. When she woke up she wasn't suddenly in the same growth phase as the other. It was like she went to sleep for 2 weeks then woke up and said o it's time to grow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I was reading that since autos veg/flower so fast that it's hard for it to recover from a topping. eh, what do I know? ;)

Yes I read the same and this batch I had one plant that shot up crazy and in week 3 she was already +20cm taller than the rest so I did some reading here on the forums and decided to go for the cut to even out the canope, and great results! Better airflow, more light to the lower sites, denser buds.
After the cut she has still been the strongest out of 6 plants!

Autos are underestimated .

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes I read the same and this batch I had one plant that shot up crazy and in week 3 she was already +20cm taller than the rest so I did some reading here on the forums and decided to go for the cut to even out the canope, and great results! Better airflow, more light to the lower sites, denser buds.
After the cut she has still been the strongest out of 6 plants!

Autos are underestimated .

ya I think I am only going to do autos for a while. I'm sooooo close to ordering another LED because I want these babies to produce!!

I was reading that since autos veg/flower so fast that it's hard for it to recover from a topping. eh, what do I know? ;)

I am on first grow I topped one. Not by choice I wanted to top both. Any how your first grow is exciting you don't get it until you do it. I have been places and seen other grows but it's not the same. Something so awesome knowing you are growing your own medicine. But more than that you figure out how much of a pain keeping a constant optimal environment. I suggest talking to some breeders. I spoke with fastbuds once was one the best things I did. Answered a lot of questions. They seem to lean me toward torture the plants a lott it gives bigger yields and more thc.

I am on first grow I topped one. Not by choice I wanted to top both. Any how your first grow is exciting you don't get it until you do it. I have been places and seen other grows but it's not the same. Something so awesome knowing you are growing your own medicine. But more than that you figure out how much of a pain keeping a constant optimal environment. I suggest talking to some breeders. I spoke with fastbuds once was one the best things I did. Answered a lot of questions. They seem to lean me toward torture the plants a lott it gives bigger yields and more thc.

I was looking at growing some big bud because they're known for amazing yields, but I'm not experienced enough to train a plant like that... yet. especially in my GRoom right now, I hear they get pretty big..

ya I think I am only going to do autos for a while. I'm sooooo close to ordering another LED because I want these babies to produce!!

I think a good way is to learn to use the equipment you got first and then add i.e sidelights, cobs, cfls.. :)

The more you can produce with less is the way to go I guess, my goal is to fill a 2x2 tent with one plant. :D

I think a good way is to learn to use the equipment you got first and then add i.e sidelights, cobs, cfls.. :)

The more you can produce with less is the way to go I guess, my goal is to fill a 2x2 tent with one plant. :D

you're right. I should see it through this grow and then determine if adding a second 600w would be beneficial or just overkill.

you're right. I should see it through this grow and then determine if adding a second 600w would be beneficial or just overkill.

If its a real wattage 600w then you will be good to cover a 4x4 space easily. Most Leds can be misguiding and what is stated as a 600w I would guess being around 200w actual wattage.

If its a real wattage 600w then you will be good to cover a 4x4 space easily. Most Leds can be misguiding and what is stated as a 600w I would guess being around 200w actual wattage.

I agree you may learn something that makes you want to try something better . . .

not sure. it's a viparspectra 600w with separate veg and bloom switches. my gut is telling me I need another.

not sure. it's a viparspectra 600w with separate veg and bloom switches. my gut is telling me I need another.

Its a 276W real consumption. Should be perfect for a 3x3 space.

ya mines bigger, slightly
48x36 floor space.

The footprint at 24 inches in height is 3x3 feet, any higher and you will have bad PAR rating in the corners.

The footprint at 24 inches in height is 3x3 feet, any higher and you will have bad PAR rating in the corners.

ya I figured as much. I think it's logical to add a second light. that way when I LST them to lay low and wide (reaching corners) they'll get sufficient light

ya I figured as much. I think it's logical to add a second light. that way when I LST them to lay low and wide (reaching corners) they'll get sufficient light

Any photos of your setup?

Any photos of your setup?

Ask and you shall receive: :thumb:
20170127_085211.jpg
20170127_085159.jpg

Back
Top Bottom