1st Ever Grow, LED, White Widow Auto

Sexy pictures! Also, for future ref, I'm of the female persuasion :)
Funny you mention adding more light. I was just cruising the web for another LED from same manufacturer. It has a daisy chain plug on the top so I can link another to it.
I will def. love any feedback and advise you can share during my 1st grow.
I'm already thinking about what to grow next. These two gals are Autos. Maybe go old skool next grow :)
Sorry 'mam

Regarding the light hours I would do 24/0 until first 5 top leafes then switch to 18/6. Studies has not showing any difference in yield from using 20/4 and 18/6, the latter promotes root growth wich is a desirable factor in my opinion.

Every strain is different but I use as a guideline 70-80% humidity first two weeks then during preflower week 3-4 it should be recommended around 40-60, not lower if possible. After that I count about 5-6 weeks of flowering where humidity around 30% is good and will help to dry the buds later.

Temperature is best in veg at 25-27 celcius during day and and not lower than 23 during night. In flower 25 day and not lower than 19 at night. Last two weeks you can go closer to 20 during day as cold promotes trichomes to produce more thc.

I am on my second batch now with about 10 days to go, so different from the first haha.

420-magazine-mobile341136934.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Wow, nice and full! What LED are you running? I was worried that my 600 was too small to grow more than 2 at a time, now I am wondering if that was a rookie mistake? I have 3 more WW autos to germinate still.
Its a 130w (real wattage) 10 band spectrum. I put 6 this time but would not recommend more than 4 haha its a bit tight. The more surface you can fill with the least plants the easier and better. Chec out some topping threads, I topped one of mine at 3rd node and some real good results! Autos are more resistant than you may think hehe.

Have you figured out any feeding schedule?

Its a 130w (real wattage) 10 band spectrum. I put 6 this time but would not recommend more than 4 haha its a bit tight. The more surface you can fill with the least plants the easier and better. Chec out some topping threads, I topped one of mine at 3rd node and some real good results! Autos are more resistant than you may think hehe.

Have you figured out any feeding schedule?

I figured I would try to top one and let the other go natural and see which I like best.
As far as feeding, I was thinking around week 3 from sprout. I have some Tiger Bloom on the ready. And from what I am reading I will need some cal/mag since I am running LED. ( I want to run LED only since theyre lower energy )

I have been considering topping one and letting one go natural just to see what the final yield is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I did that on my last grow with crop king NYC diesel auto. The two that I did not top had 6 nice fat colas, but the other plants went crazy and I got more tops and a ton of mid and popcorn buds. I start looking at them at about 14 days. If I can get my clippers low enough I cut it. You will be surprised that it really does not stunt or cause any problems. I also recommend lst with these girls. I use pipe cleaners.
Man I love this site!! I learned so much from this site and really do appreciate reading everyone's positive feedback and following these awesome grows.

I figured I would try to top one and let the other go natural and see which I like best.
As far as feeding, I was thinking around week 3 from sprout. I have some Tiger Bloom on the ready. And from what I am reading I will need some cal/mag since I am running LED. ( I want to run LED only since theyre lower energy )

Yes, there are organic nutrients for autos as well i have seen.
They're not only lower in energy consumption but also has a PAR value far better than any other standard growlight. PAR is the photosynthetic active radiation and refers to the amount of photons that is sent to a certain distance. Plants absorb about 65% of those photons into photosynthesis whereas compared to an standard hps light is around 25-35% meaning you have to produce more light to the plant to 'eat'.

Checkout full cycle LED Chips on Display (COB) growlights, they have a much better blend of spectrum than SMB LEDs like the one I have got for example.

I did that on my last grow with crop king NYC diesel auto. The two that I did not top had 6 nice fat colas, but the other plants went crazy and I got more tops and a ton of mid and popcorn buds. I start looking at them at about 14 days. If I can get my clippers low enough I cut it. You will be surprised that it really does not stunt or cause any problems. I also recommend lst with these girls. I use pipe cleaners.
Man I love this site!! I learned so much from this site and really do appreciate reading everyone's positive feedback and following these awesome grows.

How fast is Crop King? I am on their site now, cruising for seeds. I got my first batch from AMS took forever, not to mention fighting my bank to clear the transaction :straightface: Def. looking at LST, it seems to give best results. Im just scared to mess with them since its my first go-round.

Yes, there are organic nutrients for autos as well i have seen.
They're not only lower in energy consumption but also has a PAR value far better than any other standard growlight. PAR is the photosynthetic active radiation and refers to the amount of photons that is sent to a certain distance. Plants absorb about 65% of those photons into photosynthesis whereas compared to an standard hps light is around 25-35% meaning you have to produce more light to the plant to 'eat'.

Checkout full cycle LED Chips on Display (COB) growlights, they have a much better blend of spectrum than SMB LEDs like the one I have got for example.

Wow, thanks for that info. As far as nutrients, do you think I will need more than what I listed?

Wow, thanks for that info. As far as nutrients, do you think I will need more than what I listed?
The videos I used for reference were using the base from advanced nutrients and their voodoo juice which i would recommend because its very easy to use and their customer service has been more than helpful with any questions I have had. I don't know about calmag because I've never used it. I did have deficiencies in both crops but the weed was good and you can only observe and tweak your program for the next run.

I made and excel with my feeding schedule that i follow, starting at 1/4 strenght at 2nd week when i transplant into their final home.

420-magazine-mobile1615060321.jpg
420-magazine-mobile376645495.jpg

Lol

For one you should have planted them into their final home rite from the git. Autos do not, I repeat DO NOT, like to be transplanted.

Its not completely necessary to use cal mag due to the LED in itself. Now in combination with RO water then yes, I would suggest it. But on the other hand if you are going to pH up and/or down then I would just use regular old tap water that has been bubbled or left out to sit for a couple days to allow the chlorine to evaporate.

PH wise I shoot for 6.4-6.6 but most of what I see for soil grows they suggest shooting for 6.0-6.8 in order to allow for maximum nutrient/mineral uptake.

Now as for LED height i keep mine from 18"-24" throughout the grow.

Increase that humidity to 60% give or take a few for seedlings. You should aim to drop your humidity 5%-10% per stage till reaching a final RH of 30%-40% for bloom/harvest.

You can pH down with distilled white vinegar or (real) lemon juice. Personally i use ArmorSI (a silicon supplement) to pH up. Silicon is an essential mineral not included in most nutes. Typically its a stand alone. I use with regular feed and as a foliar.

I would water extremely sparingly in order for the roots to search for the moisture and increase the in mass/size. Overwatering is the noobs worst enemy and most common cause of issues. When watering use only pH'd water at this stage. More than enough nutes in FFOF soil for 2 weeks min 4 weeks max.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Great advice. I would have said and thought the exact same thing personally I do think cal-mag is definitely needed under LED. I believe that ladies turn into cal-mag whore when under LED. I personally use LED but with CFL or HPS combo. I like white light and red and blue. You definitely have a lot of knowledge and great advice for people. Thanks for sharing your wisdom. Its such a good feeling to help someone get quality of the medicine and the most efficient quantity possible.

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Whoa, impressive. I am certain I will refer to your feed schedule and try to be as thorough and caring to my plants as you are with yours!
I'm super antsy about this 1st grow, but I am sure once I get a good understanding it will mostly be auto-mode for me for future grows.
I suppose the first few days out of soil is slow moving, I hope to see some rapid growth by early next week. BUT I am just happy that theyre still alive at this point LOL

Patience is KEY!!!

One thing I forgot to mention is you should check out a rooting supplement. If you check my journal i used it for the first 3 weeks or so. For 3 plants i used just under an ounce. It only cost $6 so it was a low cost investment that has an endless amount of return. A big strong root system is paramount in any kinda of fruiting plant. ..

Patience is KEY!!!

One thing I forgot to mention is you should check out a rooting supplement. If you check my journal i used it for the first 3 weeks or so. For 3 plants i used just under an ounce. It only cost $6 so it was a low cost investment that has an endless amount of return. A big strong root system is paramount in any kinda of fruiting plant. ..

Great advice a good foundation equals a good building same thing goes for a plant that good route structure equals a healthy great blossoming plan

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

woke up this morning to check on my two babies who are now known as Ginger and Maryanne. a little more stretch, thickening of stem and first set of leaves grew a tad. Hoping the humidifier I added yesterday will help growth. I suppose the first few days from sprout are slow moving, especially after a transplant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How fast is Crop King? I am on their site now, cruising for seeds. I got my first batch from AMS took forever, not to mention fighting my bank to clear the transaction :straightface: Def. looking at LST, it seems to give best results. Im just scared to mess with them since its my first go-round.
My last two orders took 8 days, to the USA. Plus, for every 5 seeds you get two extra. So far, every seed germs perfect

Also, I had to call credit card co and approve the out of country purchase. I did all of that while messenging the lady from ck. Then she let me know it was approved. It went smoothly and I did the cheapest shipping

I ordered from cropkings and was hesitant but actually was worried to buy from anywhere for the first time.
Figured at least they was on the same continant as me so I'll give them a try. Not only was they fast and descrete, they gave me 3 extra seeds. Seen some places are a lil cheaper but let's face it. If you manage to grow an ounce your already paid for.

Came home from work and one of the seedlings was wilted to the side. It doesnt look unhealthy, what would cause it?
I placed a paperclip beside it for support and took some soil and built it up to give better support to the stem.
temps are 80*F Humidty is high right now, 70RH. I have a fan going on high and humidifier going because it drops to about 30-40RH without. I am running my LED on VEG lights only at about 18" from top of seedlings. Pic to come soon.

Back
Top Bottom