BCBudd 1st Ever Grow - Hydro

I would not recomend watering them right before lights out the humidity will stay a little high and give algea a chance to grow. it also wont let your cubes get enough time to dry. if they stay wet enough you can get away with just watering once. If i where you i might have to ditch the two part and go with a basic 3 part to finish out the grow. At least that way you have a little more control of what your plants are intaking. It makes it a little easier to add more over the other to compisate for what your plants not getting. You can finish a nice grow with a 3 part no additives, have no defficencies and be puffing on some fire after the cure. But if your comfortable with the two part you still might have to go by some shit to compinsate for what your plants are lacking.
To me it looks like your plants growth has been stunted for some time.

In my experience, while yes, RH can go up after lights off, if proper ventilation is used, it's never a problem. With my box, I see 40% max at night (usually though it's 30-35%) and 20-30% in the day. And my doors stay shut all day and night. I personally water my cubes 3x/day and never have an over-watering problem. Not to say that you're wrong, BB, your experience may be different than mine. I'm just giving a different view.

I do, however agree with you on the 3-part vs. 2-part nutrients. Much more controllable than with two. BC, have you checked out BPN?

Yeah im just throwing things out there to help at this point I mean iv seen way worse looking plants come back. those look like they should have no problem as soon as we can figure out what the hell is going on. i mean reding of the leaves should be easy to correct. but maybe the cubes and the roots are just way to saturated in nutes and you might have to run like a final flush through there or a flora clean..gl il be around to throw somemore ideas out there to help.

Ya I've checked out BPN but the shipping here nakes it way too pricey. My venting is good too,rh never above45-50. Will have to add another fan as it warms up though.Broke down and got a ph pen as well.
The guys at the grow store took a look at the leaves n pics and gave me a mixture of chelated nutes to add and for foliar. Crossing my fingers.:peace:

Well it didn't work out. Chopped em yesterday and trimmed and lil bit thats there is drying.
Done crying and moving on. Part 3 is couple weeks into veg with mostly bubba kush this time. (or so I'm told) Scrubbed the shit outta the room today and made a 24 site aerocloner. Goin hempy in May sometime. Gonna do the first test of clones on sunday. The machine has been tested and its go time. The owner of my nute line is tryin to figure out what went wrong so hopefully it don't happen again. Pics Sunday or Monday when wife gets back to town with the camera.:peace:

Damn Budd, I'm sorry it was a bust. GL with the next. Before you put anything in there again, use some bleach water and spray down the whole area. Also, let your delivery system pump, lines, res and all, sit in some hot bleach water for a while. After that rinse it thrice and you should be sterilized for the next run.

Overdue update. Got the aerocloner going and 8 cuttings in for the test run.Will be a 24 plant cloner.

plants_00122.JPG

Heres the girls 3 weeks into veg and hopefully the last run of rockwool before we go 2l around end of may.

plants_00225.JPG

plants_00322.JPG

Thanks for takin a peek and hopefully by the time the 2l sog gets goin I will have more time to do a proper journal in more detail.:peace:

Overdue update. Got the aerocloner going and 8 cuttings in for the test run.Will be a 24 plant cloner.

plants_00122.JPG

Heres the girls 3 weeks into veg and hopefully the last run of rockwool before we go 2l around end of may.

plants_00225.JPG

plants_00322.JPG

Thanks for takin a peek and hopefully by the time the 2l sog gets goin I will have more time to do a proper journal in more detail.:peace:

Hey, Budd! Long time no see! Glad to hear yer still at it, looking good so far. Keep it up! :thumb:

Hopefully you figured what was going on with your hydro system. I always liked the looks of the dripper and rock wool systems. I call it a buck rodgers thing. But one thing with all hydro systems are they are not very forgiving. PH and nert's requirements are different for all plants. And hydro can be really finicky. I've grown afew hydro grows and found the best fert's for me are GH. Tried and true fertilizers. I guess these big hydro veggie farms mainly use GH. Price is rite and the 123/321 formula is so simple. Just add atad of cal-mag and your off. GL with this go around. I'll be looking back in and hopefully see ya with some pretty flowers in a month.
Keep em Green

In my experience, while yes, RH can go up after lights off, if proper ventilation is used, it's never a problem. With my box, I see 40% max at night (usually though it's 30-35%) and 20-30% in the day. And my doors stay shut all day and night. I personally water my cubes 3x/day and never have an over-watering problem. Not to say that you're wrong, BB, your experience may be different than mine. I'm just giving a different view.

I do, however agree with you on the 3-part vs. 2-part nutrients. Much more controllable than with two. BC, have you checked out BPN?

I'm not sure whats right or wrong but I water the hell out of my plants every 3-4hrs and for 45min at a time, I even water once in the middle of night. I want to make sure the hydratron in my net pots is completely soaked until the next water time. My understanding hydro you almost can't water too much
I would think cubes only they got to be sucking them dry in no time.

this picture to me shows under watering the plants were telling you in the beginning
plants_00222.JPG

Back
Top Bottom