Waknbak88 's Multi-Strain - Organic Soil - 1000 Watt - 5x5 Grow

20130713_143615.jpg
here's the last blue mystic I grew this was under a 400 watt hps

It's been raining here like crazy and my grow room is on a exterior wall. I was inspecting my plants at lights on as usual and noticed a trail of ants, a massive one. It looks like ants have moved from my flooded yard to my indoor cannabis garden. They don't seem to be on the plant except the line going from the wall down a branch to the base of the plant and then into there hole. Anybody experience this before.

I use my fan leaves in m y reused/recooked soil and whatever I cant fit reasonably in those bins get composted in the outside compost pile:)

As for the ants you have got to get them outta there
here is some info on it for ya...

The ants are making nests in the planting medium. This messes with the roots. There is a good possibility that the ants are aphid ranchers. The ants eat the aphids' excreted "honeydew," which is a sugar concentrate from the plant's sap. If they are not ranching, they are getting food from another source and that probably has something to do with the garden.

The ants must be eliminated. There is only one thing to do: get rid of them and stop them from returning.

Although it may seem like they are everywhere, once you follow the trails you will probably find that the ants are only colonizing a few containers. If the plants in them are not special, it may be easiest to destroy them to resolve the ant issue.

If the plants are special, then they should be isolated so that the ants cannot get to other plants. A moat can be made using a tray several inches high. Place something like a block of wood
to elevate the pot in the middle of the tray. Add water to the tray and the ants are trapped.

Cinnamon is both repugnant and fatal to ants. As you sprinkle it or water it into the soil you will see the ants scurrying out of their nests. Ants are also susceptible to pyrethrum drenches and other biological insecticides. With a spoon, sprinkle ground cinnamon, which can be purchased at any herb shop or grocery store, on the top of the planting medium. Then make a drench using two rounded tablespoons of ground cinnamon per gallon of hot water. Let the water cool to room temperature then add a liquid pyrethrum insecticide into the solution as directed. A surfactant such as Coco-Wet will make the solution more effective. Use the solution as a drench.

Beneficial nematodes should be added to the medium. These microscopic creatures attack various insects including ants.

To keep the ants out, the perimeter should be lined with an inch wide barrier of dry boric acid. This powder is not a harsh chemical but is lethal to ants should they try to pass through. Cinnamon powder in the garden area, under tables and in out-of-the-way areas keeps the ants away

Great info, and advice! I'll be adding cinnamon to my arsenal. I followed the trails that lead to two of my plants and then through the wall and to the trash can where there was a bunch of candy canes my son had trashed with no bag and the where demolishing them. I killed all ants out side of grow space and when lights come on I will be giving all plants a lil cinnamon top dress and next watering will consist of cinnamon drench.

Glad the ant elimination went well!:high-five:

Plants look great, they may be a little hungry for a bit of Mag(Epsom) or some cal/mag what ever u would use, but just beautiful plants and structure!!!:bravo:

How many sacs did you see on the hermie?? If they come out and go crazy I would chop er down and smoke her/make edibles.
but if only a couple here and there show up I just leave the plant where it is, spray it and the surrounding plants with some ro water to kill any potential released pollen then pluck them off with some tweezers. a lot of times none come back after or sometimes a lot more then I kill it out but anyways just a thought.

Thanks guys, I wasn't to upset. It was the ugliest plant and it opened up the closet a little more. He/she had bananas from the top to the bottom . I was watching this one a little harder because while in 18/6 when preform came, t thought this one was a boy because it's first preflowers were vary male looking then the next node had female and the stayed that way. I just picked the male preflowers off and kept on trucking. Then I noticed all those neon yellow bananas poking out everywhere. I used a couple branches for juicing. I have read a few articles on juicing raw cannabis and it seems legit. If you haven't read about it, it is worth the read. I'll get the link to it and post it . Peace and thinks for stopping by

Here is the link. This is another members thread. This guy can really make some awesome looking stuff and seems vary knowledgeable. Hey thanks for the shout out on the tie-dye, it is my dogs sheet we put over her kennel. If you look in the picture with all the plants in it you can see her in the corner looking at me like what the hell are you doing.

Juicing thread by another member. Juicing The Plant For Her CBD's

Back
Top Bottom