BCBudd 1st Ever Grow - Hydro

I dunno whats goin on so lil help if possible please. Went out of town for 3 days and came back to this.

plants_00612.JPG

plants_00513.JPG

Same feeding schedule as last set. Actually everything is the same cept for temps get slightly higher but still under 80. Humidity between 40-58 for highs and lows. Res between 65 and 69 for each feeding. ph 5.6-5.8 and hardly varies ever.

I dunno whats goin on so lil help if possible please. Went out of town for 3 days and came back to this.

Same feeding schedule as last set. Actually everything is the same cept for temps get slightly higher but still under 80. Humidity between 40-58 for highs and lows. Res between 65 and 69 for each feeding. ph 5.6-5.8 and hardly varies ever.

Hey, Budd. I tried to balance these to get a better look, but can't get it quite right. If you could, try to use white balance to get truer color, or turn off the HPS and turn on a CFL or two to get some pics that aren't yellow tinged. This is the best I could do with what you posted.
plants_006121.JPG
plants_005131.JPG

To me it kinda of looks as if there is some Mg Deficiency, sort of... Maybe Ca... or Fe. I could tell better if you could post White Balanced pics so the true color shows better.

I'd say clean and sanitize your gear (pump, air stone if using one, delivery tubes, basin, and drain plumbing-basically everything that touches or carries nutrients), flush the medium till it runs clear, mix new nutes, pH for 5.8 and go from there.

You might have some salt buildup, or some mineral precipitation that's locking others out.

Thanks bro,those are white balanced(finally found that on camera) and pretty much exactly how they look to the naked eye.

Okay, then, Try to get some white light on them for posting for malady help, so we can see the non-yellowed damage. With the yellow tint, What looks brown under yellow light, could actually be red, or grey. Just trying to help. Did you do the wash/flush already?

To me that looks like the ppm jumped a little to high but nothing to worrie about. Are the cubes too wet. If that happens sometimes nutes can be absorbed slower than others. Witch in turn can cause some deficencies(lockout) but that would be the the only one that i could see you having.. What sets of leaves are being affected?

Okay, then, Try to get some white light on them for posting for malady help, so we can see the non-yellowed damage. With the yellow tint, What looks brown under yellow light, could actually be red, or grey. Just trying to help. Did you do the wash/flush already?

Flushed em yesterday very well and cleaned out everything I could. Will try new pics tonight.

To me that looks like the ppm jumped a little to high but nothing to worrie about. Are the cubes too wet. If that happens sometimes nutes can be absorbed slower than others. Witch in turn can cause some deficencies(lockout) but that would be the the only one that i could see you having.. What sets of leaves are being affected?

Seems to be affecting from the top down.

You might have some salt buildup, or some mineral precipitation that's locking others out.

That's 2 saying roughly the same thing. The clean/flush/reset should have taken care of any salt and mineral buildup, and changing the res will take care of any imbalances that may have happened.

Now all we can do is wait for the improvement, or continued discoloration. If I see something wrong in a grow of mine, the first place I always start is a full reset of grow space. 'Base Zero' is the best place for diagnosis for any other problems. If it was nutritional, then it should be remedied. If it is infection or infestation, then we have given the best base for strong plant to help recover after treatment or eradication.

starting from top down take a pic i might be able to help you with this one. If i looks like what i think it looks like. Take a few picks of the hole plant this will give us a better idea. That looks like a spike though becase i delt with the same thing looks like reding or a rusty brown staring on the outer edges of the leaf set. Funny discoloration in the center of the leaf sets. Oh and take the pic right before lights on so the color isnt drownded out by the hps.

Hmmm... what is the resolution of your litmus strips? I mean can you read in 1/10 or is it 1/2? Can you get 5.8 or can you just get close?, as in somewhere between the colors of 6 and 5?

Goes 5.5 5.8 6.0 6.3 and always between 5.5 and 5.8. I take runoff reading as well as res readings. Flushed very well,about 60 gals well. Just checked on em and its even worse. 4 or 5 plants look perfect as can be and the rest look like hell.

Goes 5.5 5.8 6.0 6.3 and always between 5.5 and 5.8. I take runoff reading as well as res readings. Flushed very well,about 60 gals well. Just checked on em and its even worse. 4 or 5 plants look perfect as can be and the rest look like hell.

Hm... I had this problem when I first started in hydro. 1 plant showed massive decline. I lowered pH to 5.2 and she perked and grew like the weed she was. What nutes are you using?

Back
Top Bottom