1st Post First Attempt At Growing: Indoor LED Setup In Tent: Comments Welcome!

I too make caps with rso. I don't bother with any other oils just drop 0.1g or 0.2g into a cap and it is fantastic for a variety of things. Pain relief is much better for me eaten and not smoked.

Yea if u were to add that rso to an already infused oil man those would be some heavey hitting bio bombs 4 real lol. I like tryn to get the most potent form of whatever I'm doing :rofl::headbanger: an I notice pain relief way more from eating an oil capsule versus smoking it. Actually I've never gotten any pain relief when i smoke anything lol. But yeah definitely love growing this plant and everything else entailed into as well.

Cheers Lowie I hope so lol :laughtwo:

Hey Dirty yeah the mrs has put her hand up for the trim haha. She wants to get good at making different edibles and stuff so I’m looking forward to seeing what she makes us lol
There's a bunch of good recipes & tutorials over in my cooking thread. (Link in signature). That thread basically goes dormant in between harvests because I run out of trim.

But... plants are starting to drop around these parts, so I expect it to pick back up.
:thumb:

You've really got a full house in there,Herb-I'll bet they smell as good as they look.
Nice shots of our favorite flowers- it's cool how delicate they look in close-ups...

Your blurples are burning my retinas......
lol....joke related to newb thread....
Girls are smashin it Herbmiester... Blaze on.

Looks amazing bro! :bravo::ganjamon::morenutes::cheer::bongrip:

Fed the girls this morning, squashed a couple of fungus gnats, smelled their delicious smells and smoked my delicious smoke :laughtwo:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The fungus gnats or buds? LoL

Hey guys, quick question..

My girls hit the start of week 5 today and I’m just wondering about flowering times..

The blueberry is meant to be an 8 week flower strain and AG 10 weeks.
I’m wondering about feeding blueberry PK. My feed schedule says to feed it for one week and flush for 2 and then snip.

So I guess I wanted to know first of all if you guys recommend 1 or 2 weeks of straight ph water to flush in coco and also if you think it’s best to follow the guide of flowering times strictly?

Cheers guys have a good one! :ganjamon:

Hey brother Dean :ganjamon: I am in the middle regarding flushing. My last grow i did not flush and my bud was as smooth as can be, and i feel continuing with light nutes towards the ends contributed to an increased yield.
Check out this link it brought some clarity to the topic for me:
A critical look at preharvest flushing
Then regarding the Breeder flowering times, i believe these timelines are on a commercial scale, so under 1000w's, controlled enviroment ect. So that is generally why we go an extra week or two as our setups are not top notch like the pros :rofl: just my thoughts.
Have a good week bro! :Namaste:

Hey guys, quick question..

My girls hit the start of week 5 today and I’m just wondering about flowering times..

The blueberry is meant to be an 8 week flower strain and AG 10 weeks.
I’m wondering about feeding blueberry PK. My feed schedule says to feed it for one week and flush for 2 and then snip.

So I guess I wanted to know first of all if you guys recommend 1 or 2 weeks of straight ph water to flush in coco and also if you think it’s best to follow the guide of flowering times strictly?

Cheers guys have a good one! :ganjamon:
Dont fall for the hype on flushing matey. keep feeding those ladies , why starve your children when they are at their peak and performing miracles swelling buds. Nature knows no flush , it was a commercial money saving venture that saves huge commercial growers a lot of money in nutrients for a slight hit on yield which they do not miss on their scale but to us it means ALL. you CANNOT remove anything from the plant ever , you can diminish what she has stored during her LONG SLOW DRY( the best way!) as nature intended by her converting her stores to bud building/survival during drying , this means no cuts also when drying so she can keep her systems mobile and keep the buds supplied with her last drops of lifeblood. This will do the same as flushing does BUT at a time when she should be using them and not at her most active time. This will use up all of the stored chlorophyll which is where harshness comes from on dried too quick weed. Trim only once all dried and remove all leaf matter including protruding sugar leaves at their base ( put aside for amazing hash or other) 1 week in a jar and you will have some great tasting terpene saved goodness. trimming dry is a ball ache but so is trimming wet and with wet trimming you stop her dead in her tracks by removing her abilities to continue converting remaining trapped chlorophyll .
with the pk use , for me i count week 1 of flower from when actual flowering starts and not from when i flip the light. This has given me a far more accurate flowering time and finish so is better for timing the additives. With pk , as long as you do not overdo it and it is only a short burst of time , a few days out either side of your estimation wont matter too much. It is very powerful stuff and can fry a crop in a few days if too strong so be accurate on your dosage.
good luck mate
join us in the #NoFlushClub and get poked in the street for being wierdo's . lol

Dont fall for the hype on flushing matey. keep feeding those ladies , why starve your children when they are at their peak and performing miracles swelling buds. Nature knows no flush , it was a commercial money saving venture that saves huge commercial growers a lot of money in nutrients for a slight hit on yield which they do not miss on their scale but to us it means ALL. you CANNOT remove anything from the plant ever , you can diminish what she has stored during her LONG SLOW DRY( the best way!) as nature intended by her converting her stores to bud building/survival during drying , this means no cuts also when drying so she can keep her systems mobile and keep the buds supplied with her last drops of lifeblood. This will do the same as flushing does BUT at a time when she should be using them and not at her most active time. This will use up all of the stored chlorophyll which is where harshness comes from on dried too quick weed. Trim only once all dried and remove all leaf matter including protruding sugar leaves at their base ( put aside for amazing hash or other) 1 week in a jar and you will have some great tasting terpene saved goodness. trimming dry is a ball ache but so is trimming wet and with wet trimming you stop her dead in her tracks by removing her abilities to continue converting remaining trapped chlorophyll .
with the pk use , for me i count week 1 of flower from when actual flowering starts and not from when i flip the light. This has given me a far more accurate flowering time and finish so is better for timing the additives. With pk , as long as you do not overdo it and it is only a short burst of time , a few days out either side of your estimation wont matter too much. It is very powerful stuff and can fry a crop in a few days if too strong so be accurate on your dosage.
good luck mate
join us in the #NoFlushClub and get poked in the street for being wierdo's . lol
Wow thank you for taking the time to share so much info!
I had heard about flushing initially from a friend who explained to me about “pgr bud” which is hard, tight nugs covered in red hair and usually gives you headaches.
As I understood it, it was a lack of flushing that caused the unpleasant high..

I then read exactly what you’re saying @Ganjagrandaddy about how when the plant is doing it’s slow dry/curing process it’s utilising the remaining nutrients..

I’m confused hahaha :laughtwo:

Wow thank you for taking the time to share so much info!
I had heard about flushing initially from a friend who explained to me about “pgr bud” which is hard, tight nugs covered in red hair and usually gives you headaches.
As I understood it, it was a lack of flushing that caused the unpleasant high..

I then read exactly what you’re saying @Ganjagrandaddy about how when the plant is doing it’s slow dry/curing process it’s utilising the remaining nutrients..

I’m confused hahaha :laughtwo:
heehee it can all get too tech at times Herb , Love the name btw, best ufc ref after big john mcCarthy!.
Our chosen hobby is gaining amazing speed when it comes to production and results. There are a million products out there that go from Threatening water into wine to creating gods face in the smoke from the joints BUT, a Mother forming potential offspring and doing it with whatever she gets thrown at her , good or bad. Beats the shit out of all of them with her filtering/conversion system. There are breeders sponsored here that WRONGLY talk about "removing" nutes with flushing on their grow advice and it winds me right up.
The ruined weed you mention will no doubt have been dried too fast and not had the time to convert the chlorophyll that got trapped inside and dried. There are many of us that hate to admit we have killed the whole point of months of careful growing when dried too quickly after harvest. There is constant chatter regarding long cures creating better bud BUT, again this is not what helps. Curing is allowing the thc to actually ferment and convert to mind bending potency ( if left for min 6 months in cool dark ,correct rh jar). For most of us , this amount of time is never gonna happen so curing might be an incorrect term. As you probably hope too , we want great taste ( All about terpenes not dissolving too quickly !)
Effective Thc/cbd ( All about converting Chlorophyll into carbs-thc)
and a great mellow burn ( All about exhausting the harsh chlorophyll and NOT trapping it in the fruit)
With these thoughts in mind i get to the below
Feed until harvest( but only add water as it needs topping up for last week - signals her to head to her stores for missing elements)
Remove her intact ( some rootball too if possible) with no leaves removed yet .
Hang her in a very cool (below 19°C), dark and well aired space without any fans blowing directly on or near the plants( avoids rush drying).
Only harvest when a mild snap occurs for stems when bent over
Aim for between 10-14 days as a guide to slow drying , which is similar to most proposed "curing time" suggestions after a wet trim and quicker dry method BUT this destroys terpenes a lot quicker and leaves less to maintain the taste of the end product.(Hence all the new Terpene additional products being pushed now !) This is also why some of us have harvested "Alfalfa/Hay" tasting product that a cure does nothing to change !!!!!!( come on guys , Thumbs up the guilty ones who have been here in the past ? ).
Remove every leaf during the trim at its base ( remember Any left will be green from chlorophyll trapped !) Use these in so many ways to get max yielded goodness ( I make ice hash from it so simply , that kicks ass !)
I hope that clears a bit of the confusion for my last post. I cant find any reason not to continue this way and have got brilliant results for myself.
Good luck mate. have a read up on "cobbing weed " too. Some amazing science going on and i do plan on doing it one day to.
Sorry its long but needed to unclog the confusion if i cpuld.
20190527_132802.jpg

heehee it can all get too tech at times Herb , Love the name btw, best ufc ref after big john mcCarthy!.
Our chosen hobby is gaining amazing speed when it comes to production and results. There are a million products out there that go from Threatening water into wine to creating gods face in the smoke from the joints BUT, a Mother forming potential offspring and doing it with whatever she gets thrown at her , good or bad. Beats the shit out of all of them with her filtering/conversion system. There are breeders sponsored here that WRONGLY talk about "removing" nutes with flushing on their grow advice and it winds me right up.
The ruined weed you mention will no doubt have been dried too fast and not had the time to convert the chlorophyll that got trapped inside and dried. There are many of us that hate to admit we have killed the whole point of months of careful growing when dried too quickly after harvest. There is constant chatter regarding long cures creating better bud BUT, again this is not what helps. Curing is allowing the thc to actually ferment and convert to mind bending potency ( if left for min 6 months in cool dark ,correct rh jar). For most of us , this amount of time is never gonna happen so curing might be an incorrect term. As you probably hope too , we want great taste ( All about terpenes not dissolving too quickly !)
Effective Thc/cbd ( All about converting Chlorophyll into carbs-thc)
and a great mellow burn ( All about exhausting the harsh chlorophyll and NOT trapping it in the fruit)
With these thoughts in mind i get to the below
Feed until harvest( but only add water as it needs topping up for last week - signals her to head to her stores for missing elements)
Remove her intact ( some rootball too if possible) with no leaves removed yet .
Hang her in a very cool (below 19°C), dark and well aired space without any fans blowing directly on or near the plants( avoids rush drying).
Only harvest when a mild snap occurs for stems when bent over
Aim for between 10-14 days as a guide to slow drying , which is similar to most proposed "curing time" suggestions after a wet trim and quicker dry method BUT this destroys terpenes a lot quicker and leaves less to maintain the taste of the end product.(Hence all the new Terpene additional products being pushed now !) This is also why some of us have harvested "Alfalfa/Hay" tasting product that a cure does nothing to change !!!!!!( come on guys , Thumbs up the guilty ones who have been here in the past ? ).
Remove every leaf during the trim at its base ( remember Any left will be green from chlorophyll trapped !) Use these in so many ways to get max yielded goodness ( I make ice hash from it so simply , that kicks ass !)
I hope that clears a bit of the confusion for my last post. I cant find any reason not to continue this way and have got brilliant results for myself.
Good luck mate. have a read up on "cobbing weed " too. Some amazing science going on and i do plan on doing it one day to.
Sorry its long but needed to unclog the confusion if i cpuld.
20190527_132802.jpg
That makes sense to me.
Blueberry’s due to get the chop in about 3 weeks so I’ll try it out!
Thanks brother appreciate your time and knowledge :ganjamon:

Fed both girls 1/3 the recommended dosage of PK this morning. Time to fatten these ladies up haha

Still see a couple of fungus gnats every couple of days but I’m keeping a close eye out and squishing as many as I can so I think it’s under control.

Anyway, here’s a close one of my Acapulco lady leaves from when I was in there taking in the aromas earlier :cheesygrinsmiley:

FYI it’s a leaf I defoliated and shot on my timber coffee table so the amber in the trichomes is just from that haha

Have a sweet day team!

Ya bro make those ladies fat hehehe

Nice shot of those trichs on that sugar leaf you should have no problem telling when they are ready for the chop with nice clear pictures like that

Back
Top Bottom