1st Time Grow 4x4 GG 600W LED

Westside925

Hello All,

Long time stoner, first time grower. Finally after 2 decades of using cannabis, I've decided to grow my own. I've brewed beer before, and enjoyed that process a lot. Through doing some research on growing, I'm beginning to see some parallels to beer brewing so I'm excited to get started. Here's some info on my grow so far. I'll post more pics throughout the grow. I'm sure I'll have questions along the way, so thanks in advance to the community for the help.

Strains - Dream Queen (S/I), Tahoe OG (I/S), Girl Scout Cookies (I), White Buffalo (S/I)
No. of Plants - 8 rooted clones in rockwool from my local dispensary
Stage - Veg Day #1
Indoor - Gorilla Grow Tent 4
Temp/Humidity in tent - 72/46%
Soil - Fox Farm Ocean/Forest, MiracleGrow Perlite (small layer below soil for better drainage), Mykos
Pot size - 1 quart
Light - 600w LED - 42" from top off canopy
Watering schedule - every 4-5 days w/PH'd tap water (6.0/6.5) (watered today upon transferring to the 1 quart pots - plan on watering again on 5/2)
Pests - God hope not
Nutrients - Nothing yet, but will get once I transfer to 3 gal pots.

My hopes for the grow are to let these ladies get comfortable to their 1 qt homes for the time being. Later I would like to transfer them to 3 gal pots, let them continue to grow, for another 6-8 weeks. Flip the light to 12/12 to begin flowering for 8-10 weeks. I know nothing is definite, this is just a very loose timetable.

Here are some pics of the setup and the ladies settling into their new home.

IMG_043346.JPG
IMG_042946.JPG

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks

BTW - Light schedule is 24/0 for the next 2 days, then back it down to 22/2 for 2 days, then 20/4 for 2 days, then 18/6 for the rest of the veg cycle.

It looks like you are off to a great start. Check that MG perlite. It may have time release nutrients in it. If so, that's something to keep in mind going forward.

Cheers,
/Obi

It looks like you are off to a great start. Check that MG perlite. It may have time release nutrients in it. If so, that's something to keep in mind going forward.

Cheers,
/Obi

What should I be looking out for? I've never grown as much as a tomato before, let alone cannabis. My hydro shop only had 4cu ft bags of perlite, which was exponentially more than what i needed. I asked the guy is there much difference in perlite, he said "No, perlite is perlite". Knowing Lowes had perlite in much smaller bags, I opted for what Lowes had, under the impression that the brand of perlite didnt matter. I only used the MG perlite as a base layer at the bottom of the 1 qt pots for drainage, on the suggestion from my hydro shop. I've had drainage issues when I attempted to grow about 3 weeks ago (had to chuck those plants). I did not mix it into the Fox Farm soil.

Let me know

Thanks

Congrats...I just started my 1st grow about 7 weeks ago...it's fun for sure
Be sure and check yer plants well...my local dispensary has starts and they also had BUGS....but I'm sure u have already checked yet out..just figured I'd toss it out there
My perlite is from home Depot..and is just plain..bet yer is too so yer probably fine...just read the bag ta see if any additives in it

Good luck

Stav

Congrats...I just started my 1st grow about 7 weeks ago...it's fun for sure
Be sure and check yer plants well...my local dispensary has starts and they also had BUGS....but I'm sure u have already checked yet out..just figured I'd toss it out there
My perlite is from home Depot..and is just plain..bet yer is too so yer probably fine...just read the bag ta see if any additives in it

Good luck

Stav

Thanks Stav! Here's what the packaging says it contains. What concerns should I have if any? I just got these clones yesterday and planted them in the 1 quart pots, so if this perlite will be more headache than help, should I repot and omit the perlite? I'm really trying to avoid starting these off poorly as much as I can. I just chucked 8 plants from a previous attempt at caring for clones, but they didn't even last 2 weeks. Like I said, I have zero experience with plants.

IMG_043750.JPG
IMG_043651.JPG

Hydro guy is correct that perlite is just expanded rock by itself. MG perlite is "enriched".

Cannabis requires grow media, pH, and nutrients/strength that differ from typical veggie garden stuff at the hardware store. On occasion one can successfully grow a hearty strain using garden supplies but if you run into issues later, time release nutes that are burning your plants are hard to flush making it difficult to correct.

It can be done. I've grown cannabis in a bucket of MG perlite. I just want you to have the most info for an educated decision.

Thanks Obi. I really wish the guy at the hydro shop was better educated, because I asked specifically if there's differences in perlite, and he said "No perlite is perlite". Unfortunately that must've been code for except for MiracleGro. I'll see how these go for the next 10 days or so. Hopefully the roots wont get down to the MG perlite at the bottom by the time I go to transfer to 3 gal pots. I admit that I'm a little frustrated because this could've been avoided with better advice than I was given regarding the perlite. 8 clones from the dispensary is about $140/$150. I'd hate to have to chuck this batch and start over again, because it would be the 3rd time of doing so. At a certain point it will be more cost effective to just to go back buy an oz of sun grown bud, than keep throwing money away buying clones, because they keep getting burnt out.

I'd try and find plain perlite. Home Depot has it
Time release isnt good
I mixed 3gal of perlite with my bag of FFOF...works well

If yer transplanting those in a week or two it's probably fine till then...but get some plain perlite for when u transplant

This is what I got
420-magazine-mobile567787460.jpg

Hey bud....those will most likely be fine...but for 150$ u can get some great seeds. Usually about 10$ ea...
I have like...lol...too many
I've placed 3orders so far...and still on my 1st grows...
Seedsman in UK landed to me in 7 days. As did crop​ king seeds

Give them a try

Will do. I'm chucking this bag of MG perlite into the garbage now. I'll get some plain perlite when I go to transfer as you suggested. Thanks for putting my mind at ease a little bit.

Sup folks.

Been a couple days since I've posted an update,so I figured I'd check in. Not too much going on that moment. The clones are relaxing in their 1 qt pots. I plan on watering tomorrow. It ill be the first I've watered them since I watered them upon transferring them into the pots they're in now. I checked the soil today, and it was cool to the touch but not moist. I got one of the those $10 3 way meters from Lowes the other day that supposedly measures ph, moisture, and light. When I checked the ph, it said the soil was 7/7.5, and the moisture level was 5. II did notice some white spots on one of my GSC's. I was wondering if it could be spidermites? I checked the under side of the leaves and didn't see anything usual. I've searched a few "spotting plant problem" tutorials, but nothing really see anything matching it. Rest of the plant seems fine overall.

Here some pics

Current conditions in the tent are

I put a small bowl of water in the tent in hopes to raise the humidity more.

Thanks All,
WS925

Ima watch you grow. Nice tent!! What kinda LED you got? 600 watt but who made it?

The light I got seems to be a touchy subject on the forum so outta respect to the mods, I can't say on the thread. I'm new to this site, so I'm not sure if private messages can be sent, but I can let you know that way if its possible.

Thx,
WS925

The light I got seems to be a touchy subject on the forum so outta respect to the mods, I can't say on the thread. I'm new to this site, so I'm not sure if private messages can be sent, but I can let you know that way if its possible.

Thx,
WS925

Ive got a king and a vipar

Hi All,

Day 6
Watered today (6.0/6.5). Noticed the girls drinking up a little more water this time around vs the 1st time I watered them.
Current tent climate - 75 and 49%
Lowered the light down to 36"
Light time - 20/4. Tomorrow ill switch to 18/6 for remainder of veg.

Til next time
WS925

Back
Top Bottom