1st time grower

double or triple strength spinosad alternated with neem or azamax. treatments every 3 days.

Already went and bought the stuff and treated once. Those little fugers are in my buds.

I sprayed with spinosad and today I dont see any more of the little fugers. Perhaps eggs will hatch soon..I'll keep checking every day. but for now...theyre gone.
It looks like Im learning a LOT with my first grow...what can go wrong, will go wrong. At least Im prepared...lol

Great..now Ive got Nute burn. Dark green top leafs, yellow edges and crispy tips. I just flushed the 5 gallon pot with 3 gallons Phd water. Its all the water I had. My tap water has a chlorine smell so I let it sit for a couple days prior.
Happened kinda fast. I watered last Saturday and followed the FF schedule. But..its MG soil...so who knows.
One thing after another

There might be some light burn too....I migyt have gone a tad overboard on my new lighting
nute_burn7.JPG

OK...The problem doesnt seem to be getting better.
I flushed yesterday with 3 gallons Ohd water (thats all I had)(I have 4 more gallons ready today if needed)
The stems are purple at the top and then get green towards the bottom. The leafs are yellowing and drying up/cracking on the top. Spme lower leafs are starting to get yellow/brown tips and on the edges of the spikes.

Pic with lights off

franny_dry.JPG

Pic with lights on
franny_dry_2.JPG

Whats going on?

I think Ive figured it out.
1) Nitrogen toxicity. With all the nutes I was giving (according to FF online sched), it came to 9% nitrogen. (My Calmag has 1%, go figure)
2) Light burn. My new lights are 30% more and were way too close.
The pot was really light today and in need of water so I gave her plain Phd water, no nutes, no calmag.

And I wait........

Definitely want to keep Nitrogen levels low for flowering. Nitrogen promotes leaf growth and phosphorus and potassium promote bud growth. That is mainly true for a hydro type soilless grow. Living Organic soil is a different case because of the communication with the plant and soil microbiota but I am not learned enough in the subject to comment about that too much except that the microbes make the nutrients available to the plant. So nitrogen in a LOS may not be as detrimental to flowering as in a soilless media grow using chem nutes or liquid organic nutes.
In the LOS the soil microbiota will take minerals and make them available to the plant according to what is needed. With liquid organic nutrient in a soilless mix we are acting like the microbiota, giving pre digested organic nutrients to the plants.

With liquid organic nutrients the correlation works the same as for the hydro nutes. Keep nitrogen low and phosphorus and potassium high for flower production. Much more trichomes with less N.

If you flushed nutrients and have watered with plain water I would give them a third strength dose of nutrient water.

Back
Top Bottom