1st time grower

Now Im totally confused. The bottle says 4 tablespoons Bog Bloom per gallon, the chart says 3 Teaspoons Big Bloom. The bottle of Grow Big says 2-3 teaspoons, the chart says 2. Both are for every other feeding. I dont have tiger bloom...yet. The chart says nothing about Calmag.

So..considering what I feed it last week and the huge difference in teaspoon Vs tablespoon..what should i do.
Im very confused.

Sorry..the on lin chart says to feed 2x a week. The bottle says every other feeding

Welll...going off the chart and converting what I did last week, using the bottle dosage instructions and cutting it as I did works out more or less to what the chart says to do. I tablespoon per gallon is 3 teaspoons..so that worked out.

So..other than tossing 1 gallon of mixed water, Im gtg..

Confusing...But I got it

The nursery was OUT of Tiger yesterday. Its due in stock this Wednesday. I donwloaded the chart yesterday.
Im still confused why the bottles state 4x amounts compared to the charts...oh well, Ill go off the charts.

A couple of pics....
photo_2526.JPG

photo_1597.JPG

The nursery was OUT of Tiger yesterday. Its due in stock this Wednesday. I donwloaded the chart yesterday.
Im still confused why the bottles state 4x amounts compared to the charts...oh well, Ill go off the charts.

The amounts given on the sides of bottles generally is the outside dosage, under the big light called the sun and the fans called the wind. Out there, your plants can use that concentration of nutrients... but inside, under artificial lights and with no wind...not so much.

You are on the right track now... follow the chart. Less is better, it really is. And, as you can now see on the chart, Tiger Bloom is very important at this point in the grow.

Got any advice on Auto fems? I started a journal yesterday. "Susan" went into the paper towel this am so Im guessing 2-7 days until tap root.
And btw..Im having eye surgery this afternoon, again..about the 20th time..ugh..so i may not be able to respond for a day or two..or week after that...

good luck with the eye surgery... and regarding auto's... everyone has an opinion on them. I have never tried one, so I am not at all an expert in growing them. I would look forward to transplanting them up to the next container several times very rapidly, and have them in their final 3gal container before the end of the first month. Some say don't train or top an auto... I would break that rule too... but that is just the way I am. So, IMHO, autos are just like the plants you have been growing, they are just supercharged and moving a lot faster. They will do everything faster than your other plants... so let them do it.

OK...Thanks.
Everywhere Ive read it says to plant them into the large pot from the start. In other words, no transplanting.
I mis wrote..my pots are 5 gallon, not 3..I didnt know and they arent marked. I found out when I filled one yesterday.
If I do need to start in a solo, then a qt, then a 5 gallon, thats fine as I have all of them. Ive got a few days before planting..
TY for th well wishes. Ive had this procedure so many times, its really no bog deal anymore. Ive had recovery in 1 day and Ive had it take two weeks. So, who knows.

I have seen a lot of people fail by putting them in that large pot at first too... having no idea how to properly water the thing.

The idea that you can stress an auto by transplanting is a myth... unless of course you are really bad at it. Not everyone says to put them in the final container from the start, it is just that with autos you have to up-pot so often and so rapidly that people get lazy.

Ahh...that makes sense. Ive got a few days to figure it out. I certainly have the time. I diodnt have any problems transplanting my others.
They all started out ina tin, then a qt, then the 5 gallon. One dies from over watering, the other was a male and the third is doing OK now...mosstly thanks to your and a few others advice.

Ahh...that makes sense. Ive got a few days to figure it out. I certainly have the time. I diodnt have any problems transplanting my others.
They all started out ina tin, then a qt, then the 5 gallon. One dies from over watering, the other was a male and the third is doing OK now...mosstly thanks to your and a few others advice.

my advice on the auto is to do exactly that... just faster. Go with what you know, and now you know how to water properly and why a smaller container allows for better root development. Like I said, I have never grown an auto, but I understand the process I think. The advice I am giving you is exactly how I would attempt to grow an auto... it might not be the correct thing to do, but it is what I would do. Take that for whatever it is worth, and let's learn together on this one! :)

The idea that you can stress an auto by transplanting is a myth... unless of course you are really bad at it. Not everyone says to put them in the final container from the start, it is just that with autos you have to up-pot so often and so rapidly that people get lazy.

I've ignored all the rest of the myths except this one. I worry I'm really bad at transplanting. :)

First grow we definitely overwatered, confused by the small plant and huge container. For our second grow I treated them like they were in a smaller container and tried to just water that space. All seem to have done well.

Transplanting was easy. Everytime I had to transplant Id grab the same size container and make a full impression into the new container, gently tap the sides and pop her out of gthe old and she slides right into the new with a perfect fit.
LOL..I think I did everythign elae wrong, but I think I got that right...

Thats good to hear..Im doing some math in my head and adding up costs. For the new Auto grow Im doing I bought 3 gallon bag of FFOF ($9.00) and 2 gallon bag of Verm ($6.00) for ONE plant.
So, soil adds up $

It's not cheap to grow good pot.
If you go cheap you grow cheap.-Zandor

This was one of the considerations I made when I went organic. I was tired of buying new soil every time. I wanted a system where I could reuse my soil time after time. I added over $100 worth of amendments to my soil in the beginning though, and it WILL be able to supply nutrients for some time... but you are not going to get that kind of mileage out of a bag of FFOF without spending some more on it.

Back
Top Bottom