2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Turned out to be 105 yesterday. To add insult to injury, we had a thunderstorm early this morning. It only lasted a couple hours, but with it came a deluge.
It is supposed to be 98 today with more T-storms, so not dry, just hot and miserable. I used full strength DeStress last Saturday. With the rain today, I will probably wait until tomorrow or Thursday to do another round of 1/2 strength DeStress.
Plenty of wildfires around here from the lightning last night.
Thanks for the info!

Turned out to be 105 yesterday. To add insult to injury, we had a thunderstorm early this morning. It only lasted a couple hours, but with it came a deluge.
It is supposed to be 98 today with more T-storms, so not dry, just hot and miserable. I used full strength DeStress last Saturday. With the rain today, I will probably wait until tomorrow or Thursday to do another round of 1/2 strength DeStress.
Plenty of wildfires around here from the lightning last night.
Thanks for the info!

I bet they look fabulous! High heat and high humidity, with an earth-temp rootball.....That's where potent cannabis comes from.

I hope you are right, Doc. As it turns out, I just went and checked on them. All look great!
My supercropping went perfectly on the Pitbull, but the Ace of Spades now has one dominant leader that is a lot taller than the rest of the canopy. Since I have sunshine there is no real reason to SC it again, but I might just for a more uniform plant. I'm thinking they will be waist high this weekend.

I hope you are right, Doc. As it turns out, I just went and checked on them. All look great!
My supercropping went perfectly on the Pitbull, but the Ace of Spades now has one dominant leader that is a lot taller than the rest of the canopy. Since I have sunshine there is no real reason to SC it again, but I might just for a more uniform plant. I'm thinking they will be waist high this weekend.

Due the roots have room to stretch out? If so, I wouldn't SC. Just trim off suckers so there's no deep, shady area inside the canopy.

They love the electrical charge of rain during a lightening storm! You're gonna have some epic weed sir!

Due the roots have room to stretch out? If so, I wouldn't SC. Just trim off suckers so there's no deep, shady area inside the canopy.

They love the electrical charge of rain during a lightening storm! You're gonna have some epic weed sir!

Not sure about the roots. I'll say, "No."
They are in 25 gal. softies. Since my previous up-pottings all became rootbound in about two weeks, my assumption is these 25 gal. pots are fairly full of roots by now (17 days since transplant). IDK if roots can penetrate the soft pot material. Plenty of non-HB soil around them if they can, but it is just my organic garden soil.

Highs will be in the 90's through the rest of the week and then supposedly down to the mid-80's by the start of next week.

I'll keep an eye on the interior and continue to prune as needed. Thanks Doc!

Questions -

If I have to water frequently due to the heat, should EVERY watering get one of the full-strength drenches or the 1/4 Transplant water? Or should they get just plain water sometimes? Right now rain is taking care of this decision for me.

Once the pots are rootbound should I still go through the drench/dry cycles? It seems like at that point, they might be better off with the damp, bloom-style watering technique.

The roots will go right thru that smartie like a hot knife thru cannabutter.

:rofl:

:thumb:

I guess that brings up another question. What happens to the plants and my feedings when roots hit non-HB soil? Keep on keepin' on?

Mid-Week Update

I don't usually add anything mid-week but I was in the garden this morning getting some peas and arugula and I couldn't help but find out how much the AoS has grown. On Saturday she was 33". This morning (3 days later) she is over 38" = nearly 2" per day. The Pitbull is doing great and grew about the same amount but is bushier and with a more even canopy. For reference, the cornstalk between them is 3' tall.

Sorry for the crappy pic's. The garden is in full-tilt mode right now and a real jungle. It is hard to get a good point of reference. A lot of the veggies are finishing so I should have some cleaner shots soon.

If anyone has thoughts on the questions in my two posts above, I'd love to hear what you think.

Pitbull
20150609_093648.jpg

Ace of Spades
20150609_093539.jpg

I guess it's unanimous Pita, we love your garden.

Gorgeous, healthy garden aside, I can't help but try to imagine that incredible scenery/view I glimpsed in that pic a couple pages back. You're a lucky dude Major. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom