2nd Outdoor Grow In Eastern Canada

Well I took another pic of the Pineapple Express LST without any other plants in the background so it would be easier to see but it still looks quite messy, Here she is
20170524_193319.jpg

Hey Canna, beautiful ladies here! You mentioned you were thinking around June 10th to go in ground and were going to harden them a bit before... Excuse my newbness, but what does hardening them mean? I suspect it's only done for outdoor grows started inside, but have never heard the term.

No prob Red, we were all new at one time, and there are no stupid questions here. I am relatively new myself. Hardening the plants as you guessed is done to plants started inside and moved outdoors when there is no longer a danger of frost. You start taking them outside daily to get them used to their future home starting at 3 hours a day increasing the time until you reach a full day outside then they are hardened and ready to stay out permanently after a week of doing this.

No prob Red, we were all new at one time, and there are no stupid questions here. I am relatively new myself. Hardening the plants as you guessed is done to plants started inside and moved outdoors when there is no longer a danger of frost. You start taking them outside daily to get them used to their future home starting at 3 hours a day increasing the time until you reach a full day outside then they are hardened and ready to stay out permanently after a week of doing this.

Haha thanks cannanewb, beautifully done :)

Right on, appreciate the explanation. I hope to be able to grow outdoors someday, but my states a bit behind. I would love to see a monster size plant in person!

Thursday May 25th, day 35 of veg. All of the girls got nutes today, am noticing some nute burn on the little White Widow but doesn’t seem too serious. One of the leaves on the Pineapple Express that I LST’d is turning all yellow not sure what is going on there, I am thinking it may be a deficiency that was in the process before the nutes were increased before the last feeding. All the other leaves are fine so I am not too worried. Either I overlooked my Strawberry Haze or it decided to go crazy in the dark so I had to LST that this morning. I can honestly say that LST'ing with one hand is not the easiest thing in the world especially when that one hand is your left...LOL Have a great day peeps I need to have a rest. Here are before and after pics of the Strawberry Haze.
20170525_095610.jpg
20170525_112814.jpg

Friday May 26th, day 36 of veg. I transplanted the little white widow last night she was 14 days old but what a mess of roots when she came out of the pot, I was blown away. Looking at the girls when lights came on this morning, I think I will have to adjust some more of the plants and lights at some point today, and will try to get updated pics. Hopefully I can get thru the next 15 days without having to do anymore LST'ing. Have a great Friday peeps.

Sunday May 28th, day 38 of veg all the girls had a drink of nutes today, there was some yellowing on some lower leaves so I increased the Calimagic today. Feeding now consists of 5 ml of Calimagic, 3 ml of grow, 2 ml of micro and 1 ml of bloom. Pics from todays feeding while they were out from under the lights.
20170528_182914.jpg
20170528_181132.jpg
20170528_181232.jpg
20170528_184446.jpg

Sunday May 28th, day 38 of veg all the girls had a drink of nutes today, there was some yellowing on some lower leaves so I increased the Calimagic today. Feeding now consists of 5 ml of Calimagic, 3 ml of grow, 2 ml of micro and 1 ml of bloom. Pics from todays feeding while they were out from under the lights.
20170528_182914.jpg
20170528_181132.jpg
20170528_181232.jpg
20170528_184446.jpg
Realy nice.

Tuesday May 30th, Day 40 of veg. Well ended up LST'ing 3 more of the girls to keep them out of the lights tonight. I am sincerely hoping that is the last until they get planted outside in the raised beds in 11 days. Other than that things are going well.

Friday June 2nd, day 43 of veg. Got my auto seeds in the mail from Bonza Seeds today yahoo. 2 Barney's Farm Tangerine Dream, 1 Dutch Passion Seeds Auto Blueberry, and 1 Auto Seeds Pineapple punch and they went in the water 10 minutes ago. The girls were dry last night and I was getting ready to give them a drink of nutes and we had a heavy rain storm hit and the power went out....not good. I turned the switch off that turns the lights off so the lights would not come on during their regular dark time so they had a longer nap than usual. So up early this morning and got the girls fed but they weren't really happy. I upped their nutes today they now get 5ml of Calimagic, 4ml of grow, 3ml of micro, 2ml of bloom ½ tsp unsulfured molasses and I notice some stem purpling so I added 1 tsp of Epsom Salts. This week I'll be taking them out and in for hardening then they go into the Pro-Mix beds Saturday as the full moon is Friday so no more risk of frost. Have a great weekend peeps.

Back
Top Bottom