36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

20151013_225636-1.jpg
20151013_225657-1.jpg
20151013_225636-1-1.jpg
20151015_213408-1.jpg
20151015_213418-1.jpg
20151015_213443-1.jpg
20151015_213459-1.jpg
20151015_213514-1.jpg
20151018_174227-1.jpg
20151018_174251-1.jpg
20151018_174311-1.jpg
20151018_174331-1.jpg

I had to super crop the one on the right, a few tops were getting bleached, and in the process I was too rough on my main. The fan kicked on and knocked it down and about finished the break. I'll see how she turns out, but in putting another plant into flower this week just in case.

I should have taped it or tied it up or something, but I just left it laying across another branch. My mistake. Luckily I have two plants ready to flower, so I'm not really bummed out.

I transplanted an aloe from an outdoor hugel bed to a pot indoors for the winter, picked pounds of tomatoes, making spaghetti sauce with everything from my garden, and the meat came from a bear and deer my buddy shot with his bow. It smells delicious, some cooking on the stove, some in the crock pot. Special butter added of course.

Most white light is a mixture of some spectrum of blue. So an HPS that is whiter probably has a wider variety of spectrums for the plant to use. Yellow and orange are not tremendously useful, but obviously their close counterpart Red is. Blue diodes in an LED panel are not really necessary because white diodes will cover that area.

Edit: If you ever panel shopping again, look for the panel with the most white (cool and warm) and red diodes. FYI a white diode is just a blue diode with a white phosphorous jacket so some blue shines through...and white is actually just a mixture of other colors to begin with. Because of this you dont really need all that many actual blue diodes. UV and infrared are unnecessary with little to no science to back up their presence in almost every panel on the market now.

CC...cheers and thanks for that! Some good info there about diodes and colours. CC, how do you know all that? You research , or work in the field, somewhere?

Evenin 36, just doin some visiting tonight. Your havin alot of fun , i see. Excellent brotha....too bad about that one breakin on ya...fu....sakes eh! I was gonna ask ,if you've ever tried to just tie them stretchy tops down somewhat instead of doing an actual SC? I know with growing alot of plants ,that's a bit too much work but with our little hobbie grows , it makes sense ....and is alot of fun too. When the Desfrans started to go wild , i found i had to build something with horizontal strings....let the tops run , but across, and not up . Of course when ya do that all the side branches go nuts , and before long it gets out of hand cuz now you've got three times the hastle. :tokin: Have a great night 36.

Hey duggs, good to see ya. Ya I've tied down on plants in the past, and I have that tomato cage around it just for that. I should have tied the ones I SC instead, like I did with the other branches that were reaching before. Major brain fart on my part!

Veg plants, seedlings, aloe, and tomato watered with a coconut/aloe/kelp mix.

CC...cheers and thanks for that! Some good info there about diodes and colours. CC, how do you know all that? You research , or work in the field, somewhere?

My research and conversations with people who work in the field and grow cannabis. Most panels will have the frequency for which each spectrum diode covers. You can compare it to a Photosythesis Spectrum Action chart and get an idea. In the blue range the most useful frequency is 400-450 and in the red range its about 625-700.

There is only one study that was done almost 30 years ago which tested the effectiveness of UV rays on THC production and the results were relatively inconclusive. Not to mention plants cannot really use that wave length anyway. UV diodes pretty much just serve to create heat in your grow room...think one of those UV toy ovens for kids or heat lamps for lizards.

More to the point, it really bothers me that all these manufacturers, which operate under the guise of producing devices for indoor farmers of all stripes, are using phony science to jack up prices. Even if that one study showed UV radiation produced more THC, what about all the other farmers who use LED panels to grow lettuce or tomatoes or whatever? They would not benefit in the least from UV radiation. And infrared...its a joke...makes a little more sense that UV though. At least red light is used by plants.

These manufacturers are propping up their businesses on a (mostly) illegal industry while pretending they are general use products intended for mainly food crops. Of course they will tell you they are attempting to replicate the light from the sun...but we already know that most plants don't use those frequencies so why would they add them in their products? For fun? Its a sham.

So cool to see evidence of life like that. When I return from my vacation in Jan. I'm going to have to pay closer attention to what you're doing and mimic it.

I highly recommend the GG4. This is my 4th run with mine, and it is nothing like the blue dream, all Gorilla Glue. Easy to grow, very tasty potent smoke. I have one vegging in a 10g, which will stay in that for another month or so before up potting. I'm also vegging 3 others in smaller pots, and flowering one in a 15g. That bud was a pic of a random bud I gave to my brother.

20151030_114844-1.jpg

Today I made some LABS, transplanted a few more seedlings, cut down my CBD Widow, and did some work in the yard. My compost pile is about 8x4x4 and my 45g smart pot is now my worm bin. This is going on in my big chicken pen, they were moved to the smaller one a bit ago for fall/winter. So the two small coups attached to the pen were cleaned, and the pen got raked, so I now have chicken poop and straw that has been sitting a while, along with thousands of worms in my compost and worm bin. I'm hoping to add two more compost piles a bit bigger, and start a leaf mold pile as well. More raised hugelkulture beds are planned for the spring, 5 more at 5x20' with added boxes as well. I'm going to need all the compost I can get!

Sounds like your plans are falling neatly into place. Nice back-breaking work to close out a week, eh? Had to feel good to get it done, step back and admire the finished job. :high-five:

Morning Duggs, happy Halloween to you too! It is for sure worth growing if you can get your hands on it. There are all sorts of stories and rumors on gg4 lineage, but this is what seed finder says.

Gorilla Glue #4 gets it names from the trichomes that "glue" up the scissors when manicuring this baby.

Gorilla Glue #4 was accidently created by Joesy Whales when some Chem Sis plants he was growing hermied and pollinated his Sour Dubb. Tired of seeded gardens, Joesy tossed out the strain. But his buddy, Mardogg, still had some seeds. Mardogg popped the beans years later and ended up with 4 pheno's of the GG, deciding #4 was worth keeping.

Joesy Whales: i have been getting alot of questions about the gg4 so im going to tell everyone how it went down, a few years ago i was growing sour dubb and chem sister and some others, the chem sis threw a couple nanners and hit the sour dubb, i held those seeds for a year or so and finally popped 5 of them, they were ok, really had one nice pheno but i lost it in a security scare, the other 4 pheno's all hermed on me and tottaly seeded my whole stadium run, i was pissed, i got rid of all of it to a friend, marrdog. he kept alot of the seeds and about a year later we had a joint grow going and he popped i belive it was 6 of those seeds, i was really concerned that they would herm and dident have much hope for them, they were all female, we ended up with pheno's 1 2 4 and one we called the runt, all were outstanding, the clear winner though was the gg 4. so thanks to marrdog and lady luck

Genetics: Sour Dubb x Chem Sis
Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks
Yield: Moderate
Patient Expectations
Scent: Lemon, pine. slightly minty
Flavor: Sweet, chocolatey, diesel aftertaste
Effects: Clear, cerebral
Suggested Medical use: Menstrual cramps

Morning Duggs, happy Halloween to you too! It is for sure worth growing if you can get your hands on it. There are all sorts of stories and rumors on gg4 lineage, but this is what seed finder says.

Gorilla Glue #4 gets it names from the trichomes that "glue" up the scissors when manicuring this baby.

Gorilla Glue #4 was accidently created by Joesy Whales when some Chem Sis plants he was growing hermied and pollinated his Sour Dubb. Tired of seeded gardens, Joesy tossed out the strain. But his buddy, Mardogg, still had some seeds. Mardogg popped the beans years later and ended up with 4 pheno's of the GG, deciding #4 was worth keeping.

Joesy Whales: i have been getting alot of questions about the gg4 so im going to tell everyone how it went down, a few years ago i was growing sour dubb and chem sister and some others, the chem sis threw a couple nanners and hit the sour dubb, i held those seeds for a year or so and finally popped 5 of them, they were ok, really had one nice pheno but i lost it in a security scare, the other 4 pheno's all hermed on me and tottaly seeded my whole stadium run, i was pissed, i got rid of all of it to a friend, marrdog. he kept alot of the seeds and about a year later we had a joint grow going and he popped i belive it was 6 of those seeds, i was really concerned that they would herm and dident have much hope for them, they were all female, we ended up with pheno's 1 2 4 and one we called the runt, all were outstanding, the clear winner though was the gg 4. so thanks to marrdog and lady luck

Genetics: Sour Dubb x Chem Sis
Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks
Yield: Moderate
Patient Expectations
Scent: Lemon, pine. slightly minty
Flavor: Sweet, chocolatey, diesel aftertaste
Effects: Clear, cerebral
Suggested Medical use: Menstrual cramps

Do you know Josey? Was wondering if you had experience with the original cut. I know he is active on another large forum...and he has said the seeds offered by Elev8 are fake. Not that I care if they are...I just want to know if those seeds are any good.

Back
Top Bottom