3rd Grow: Super Lemon Haze & Gold Leaf

Iso will dissolve resin, but probably not at that dilution. However, the effects on bugs from such a dilution would presumably also be pretty mild.

Hey Shed, I haven’t read of Van Stank’s experiences with this treatment. Could you kindly point the way to a thread/post #?

:Namaste:

Looks great to me too, I don’t see any melted trichs or whatever. I’ll try to remember iso if/when I get thrips, got to be better than most other “safe” sprays. I used insecticidal soap, last time, about 5 or so weeks from flowering and could taste it in the smoke (made great pain oil though).
If there was any kind of oil in that soap, that's what you were tasting. I had some Dr Earth spray that was a blend of natural oils (no neem) that I only used in veg. Too expensive so I switched to neem in veg. In flower I used to only use Spinosad, but have added 70% iso/water 1:9 as well.

Iso will dissolve resin, but probably not at that dilution. However, the effects on bugs from such a dilution would presumably also be pretty mild.

Hey Shed, I haven’t read of Van Stank’s experiences with this treatment. Could you kindly point the way to a thread/post #?
I don't recall where he talked about using it (might have been before I subbed his journal), but that was the dilution he recommends.

I have whiteflies, I’ve tried everything and it seems like everything works, but there is always a few that fly off to hide. They always come back as soon as I stop spraying the flowering plants. Seems like total abstinence for a few months will be the only solution and that ain’t happening anytime soon.

I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t even spray anything. I just run the plants through a 6” duct hose attached to an inline fan venting to another room. I’m sure that’s a lot worse for the trichs than the iso spray but it works as good or even better than any spray because it gets the escaping flyers too.

I mostly try to not think about it, after writing this post I’m depressed. Good thing I’ve got jars of whiteflies to smoke. :rofl:

:passitleft:

Day 57 - 8 weeks since the flip. It has been at least a week I think since my last group picture. My deadline is the 25th. 2-3 weeks should do it nicely.
I did scope them this morning with the X30 loop and still all the trichs look very clear. I will be starting to check at least twice this next week and more often after that.

Three SLH on the left are tall and leggy. Still filling in and very heavy. Funny how there are some tertiary smaller branches way down low that are budding so heavy and yet their pistils are turning amber. I guess in my newness I though that was a function of the light, I would say that they could weigh in dry at least 1-3 grams. Only the SLH Sativa Dom are growing them.

The Gold Leaf on the right are getting really nice and thick by comparison. Less smaller buds along the stems and just packing them on. Keep in mind the GL's are sitting on upside down 6" pots. I have the light on their side lowered to compensate the height difference of 6-8 inches.

Just a couple of notes. I have what I consider to be some cloudy trichs beginning to form. Trich watch is full on at every watering now.

From another point of view, here are the temps in the tent with lights on this morning at 8:30. Top two are from the Flowering tent with the SLH and Gold Leafs.

The higher temp is in the middle of the tent near the top bud levels. Lower temp is on the floor of the tent. Lights are off from 10:30am to 10:30pm so lights are on during the coolest part of the 24hr schedule. Winter is Coming!

Hola BT :D

Came over to check out your SLH. Looking fantastic and I’m glad I’m here in time for the finish :slide:

I have trouble seeing the pblurple pics, but can tell with quick glances that things are looking pretty damn fine! :thumb:

Have you knocked the thrips back at all?

Thanks for stopping by. Definitely timing is everything as I'm expecting to harvest by the end of the month. I think I'm beginning to see a few little signs of some amber, but still have quite a bit of clear and sparkly.

I do think I have the thrips handled, plan on doing another spray tomorrow and a little water spritz early next week.

Day 70 - Still tons of clear and sparkly trichs, not much has turned cloudy. I told @FelipeBlu that I think I'm seeing some random amber, looking today didn't see any.

A couple of bud pictures. These are of a defoliated SLH and the buds are getting quite large compared to last grow and harvest.
There are large buds running all the way down the stem on all of them. The Gold Leaf are packed so tight you can see the stem for 5-7 inches down from the top.

I'm getting really excited about the grow and up coming harvest.

Looking forward to seeing a clear winner in the defoil/no defoil race!
I feel there is some difference, but if it's consistent between both pairs then so be it.

Day 73 - I'm beginning to see more slight amber reflection in the domes of the trichomes. Still seems to be a lot of clear but I had the same issue with my first grow Rey the Skywalker and the 2nd grow of SLH and GL which is what this grow is. Perhaps it's just the way it is.

Seed supplier suggest 63 -65 days of flower period. Still going to watch just a bit more. Perhaps lights out by this weekend and harvest the first part of next week. Funny thing is the UK Cheese over in the other tent is showing quite a lot of cloudy.

Day 77 - Today I found that I'm satisfied with the amount of Amber I'm seeing on the Gold Leaf. Approximately 11 weeks since going into 12/12 light schedule. The colas are huge and thick and seem fairly dense. Pictures to follow shortly, so @FelipeBlu patience bro.

I've been really pleased with the drying of the last two harvest in the smaller Veg tent. I have been growing a UK Cheese Auto in it on a 24hr schedule. Today however the UK Cheese will go into the Flowering tent with the SLH girls and the Gold Leaf will go into the smaller tent. Time to hibernate in some darkness for a couple of days and then harvest and hang to dry.

I think I'm seeing the slightest tinge of amber on the SLH. A little more patience as it can't be too long. Actually moving them into the drying tent on a staggered basis is good. It will give me the opportunity to harvest and wet trim some before having to also do the SLH.

As promised here are some picture of the Gold Leaf in the Veg tent.
Here you can see the extreme weight pulling branches over. The one on the left is the non-defoliated one.
Here's some closer pictures of buds. They are at least twice the size of a Bic lighter if not a bit more for sure.
Really pleased with the this plants grow. Now if the yield with come in better than the last grow of GL I'll be much happier.

Back
Top Bottom