3rd Grow - Time For The Light Show

Hello all, it's been a bit of an all change here recently. After finally recovering from the flu I decided to set a little organic grow going, I'm not sure how it will work out, damn I'm not even sure whether the soil will work, but either way I've given it a try and I'll see what happens, it can only die and go to MJ heaven. One thing I am curious about is whether the amendments I've added to the Canna Terra Pro soil that I bought need time to settle in or something before I transplant the seedling into it. I'll be transplanting at 14 days old or so and have the soil and amendments mixed in a tub waiting, if anyone has any ideas about this that would be great :)

As for the White widow she's still not looking good, the same browning of the leaves etc as all the other plants, could be the soil, could be a disease, could be the feed, but it's probably the grower. One thing I have thought about though is that I'm a smoker and I roll my own, maybe I gave them the disease that I read about ages ago and had since forgotten (Pythium I think). Apparently I shouldn't be handling tobacco before my plants, not sure but it's too late to worry about now but either way I'll be considering my hand hygiene before handling my plants from now on.

I've also moved the Incredible Bulk from the other tent into the vegging tent as I've decided to flip the main tent into 12/12 as I'm hoping to harvest around the New Year, I was hoping for Christmas but I'm not going to manage that now. I was tempted to keep them growing longer but the Par Nebula has started to stretch and I don't want to end up with a situation where I'm struggling for room with the lights. Realistically I'd prefer to give them an extra month of veg but the medicine cabinet also says no ;)

Here is how the veg tent is currently looking:

IMGP2063151026rs.jpg

With a close up of the Incredible Bulk 1 (soon to be my big burning bush journal that I originally planned) :

IMGP2058151026rs.jpg

She will be having the extra time to veg whilst the others in the main tent go through their bloom phase, she was also given a little feed of around half a litre of water with some Secret Golden Tree, CalMag and I switched back to AN Micro and Grow instead of the Canna Terra. I'm going to see if this makes a difference.

As for the main tent well, I've kind of given up all hope on the LSD. She seemed refreshed after the flush and some nicely greened new growth appeared...only to turn into the same yellowing crap that is on all the plants. She's in the tent for now, but whether I'll be wasting nutrients on her is another matter. I don't want to keep fighting to keep alive a plant that just seems to want to die. F*ck the Barney's Farm LSD strain for my future grows, they were all a problem for me. I've ordered some Sweet Devil Auto Feminised seeds from Herbies and if I decide to pull her one of them will be taking her place in the tent. I never thought I'd go auto but an 8 week turnaround for what apparently can be some nice smoke will do nicely :)

All of the plants are suffering from the bottom leaves yellowing with spots of brown on some leaves. It really looks like what I've seen from mites damage but I can't find a trace of them, and there's plenty of Diatomaceous Earth around in the tents and pots. It will either fix or it won't, so long as there's some form of harvest at the end it will all be a bonus so I'm not going to worry about it.

Here is how the main tent is looking today:

The LSD, she better pull herself together or she's for the chop chop and not in a good way:

IMGP2090151026rs.jpg

The Paradise Nebula is still showing symptoms of something but is also growing too:

IMGP2096151026rs.jpg

The Incredible Bulk 2 also has signs of whatever it is but to a much lesser extent. She's bushy, I like her:

IMGP2098151026rs.jpg

Here's a family shot:

IMGP2104151026rs.jpg

Here's a family shot showing the lights :) :

IMGP2117151026rs.jpg

That's about it for now, it is what it is and will be what it will be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get some of these plants over the finishing line, if I can even harvest one I'll be happy :) I hope everyone is well and having much more luck with their grows than mine, hopefully if I can get the organic soil grows sorted and continue my future grows along those lines, if not I'll keep plugging away until it all falls into place. All the best everyone :thumb:

Good day Kraize

2 weeks for your soil to cook will likely be lots depending on what you added. After it cooks for 2 weeks, put your hand down deep into the container its cooking in, if it feels hot, then it needs to cook longer, if its cool to touch then you should be ok :)

Hey TheCelt thanks for that great piece of information. I guess that's where the term 'cooking' comes from in regards to soil then. Great stuff, I hope that you're well and haven't fallen under one of those sacks of buds you must be carrying around like Santa Claus lol. All the best :thumb:

Good day Kraize

2 weeks for your soil to cook will likely be lots depending on what you added. After it cooks for 2 weeks, put your hand down deep into the container its cooking in, if it feels hot, then it needs to cook longer, if its cool to touch then you should be ok :)
Thanxx Celt, I never knew that. Hence the word "cooking".

Much welcome BAR

I don't have the grow experience many others here do. Prior to about 6 months ago, I never smoked weed more than a handful of times in my life and I am 45 LOL At 27 I went back to school and studied engineering and if nothing else, it gave me a good understanding of chemistry and how to research the hell outta things LOL

The "Soil Science" link in my sig is a generalized compilation of some of my research into organic soil, and was posted at the request of our good friend Kraize a few months ago :)

Finally had a chance to catch up on your journal, tough to lose plants. My condolences. Looks like you have at least two good survivors. All the best.

Thanks Johnnie, I've been planting more plants lately just to keep up with the deaths lol. They're being grown differently though so I'll see whether they work out any better using the organic way than the chemical ways I've been using. I've started watering with tap water too as since the Cryptosporidium outbreak the tap water PH went higher and this is when all my plants started dying. I'm trying everything and anything apart from changing the grower, which would probably be the best thing lol. I'm currently working through my photo's to bring a little update so I'll be back shortly, all the best :thumb:

Ok time for a few pictures and a little update of what's been happening in my den of chaos lately. First of all though apologies for the quality of some of these pics, I came home drunk last night and decided to have a bit of time with my plants, pipe and camera, the results are a little worse than usual because of this :)

The veg tent has had some additions which I will be growing organically. As I was unsure whether Canna Terra Pro is too hot for seeds (lots of conflicting information on the internet) I put one Dark Devil Auto in some bog standard soil, and one of them straight into CTP. They have both sprouted and neither looks like they're dying but let's give that time to happen eh? ;)

Also I made a bit of a booboo, the new sprout at the back was intended to be repotted into organic soil but I realise that I put it into a large pot to start with and may have some problems if I transplant it into organic soil, I'm thinking of maybe cutting out a plantpot shape around it and transplanting that way, let's hope I don't chop off too many roots when I do that.

Here's a family shot of vegging tent as it was a couple of nights ago:

IMGP2152151031rs.jpg

The White Widow is showing all the signs of problems that have blighted my LSD and now my Par Nebula too. It's had a full flush but doesn't seem to be improving, I'm just going to give it rainwater from now on and see if that makes a difference:

IMGP2161151031rs.jpg

The Incredible Bulk 1 which I moved into this tent as I set the other tent to 12/12 is looking happy and seems to be thriving:

IMGP2157151031rs.jpg

Here's the one that I want to repot into organic, this is Incredible Bulk 3:

IMGP2164151031rs.jpg

Here are the two Dark Devil Auto's, the nearest is the one potted in CTP and the furthest away is potted in the bog standard soil. Both will be watered only with rainwater and I'll see if I have any of the same problems with either of them that I'm having with the other plants. Apologies for the colours but I forgot to use my grey card and it's really hard to colour balance correctly without it, I tried my best though:

IMGP2214151102rs.jpg

Here's the vegging tent again as of last night:

IMGP2229151102rs.jpg

Now in the main tent things are as grim as ever. Not only does the LSD refuse to cooperate even after flushing but it just seems to be worsening, I really have no idea what's going on with her but she's on a strict water only diet, if she doesn't improve I'll be removing her from the tent (chop chop). Also the Par Nebula is looking very ill too. I've considered nutrient burn from what I'm seeing but it's not affecting every leaf, again I'm stumped. The Incredible Bulk 2 on the other hand is thriving and well.

Here's a family shot of the flowering tent:

IMGP2177151102rs.jpg

Here is the poor LSD:

IMGP2190151102rs.jpg

Now here is the Paradise Nebula, as you can see she has some terrible browning and yellowing going on. Has anyone any ideas on this?

IMGP2193151102rs.jpg

On the other hand the Incredible Bulk again seems to be ok with everything. I really like this strain, it let's me grow it :)

IMGP2183151102rs.jpg

Still no preflowers that I can see as of yet, my lights will be on soon though so I can go and have another look. It is only a few days since the flip though. Other than my list of calamities there's not really much else to report on. I hope everyone is well and that your grows are green :thumb:

Dude, I'm out of suggestions. Maybe it's the soil.

To be fair mate I've no idea myself. I'm getting tempted to pull all the yellow plants, I feel like they've caught something that I can't stop. It's hard to explain, I've flushed I've given them everything I can but if they're dying I should start thinking about just pulling them up. I'm pissing against the wind with that LSD. I'm getting rid, the Par Nebula I'm going to feed rainwater

One last suggestion Kraize; Transplant the LSD into the same soil but cooled down by adding some peat moss or something.

Hey BAR I actually did something similar earlier in the journal mate after testing the soil as acidic, I added dolomite Lime to the soil in the same hope that it would cool it. It was an idea that UncleC had and if it was to work it was supposed to take a couple of weeks to do so. I have since bought a couple of bags of different soil which I had used previously on the Plushberry grow and that is what I used for the new batch of four plants but I still had to pull three of those and the White Widow still isn't looking great.

Since then I have bought both Canna Terra Pro and Plant Magic Plus soil and I'll be using these instead to see whether I get any better results, It's quite expensive for what it is and I'm unsure I want to risk wasting it on the LSD as she well and truly looks too far gone for her to becoming a healthy yielding plant again, at least in my eyes. I'm kind of at the point where I feel I should pull everything up, clean everything down and sterilise the room then start again, I would do so too but the Incredible Bulk plants seem to be thriving even though I feel like everything else has been blighted.

I may actually set my other little tent up in a separate room after sterilising it and start a separate little project up in there but isolated from the rest of the plants, just for my own peace of mind and in the meantime these girls can take their chances until they get the chop chop, whether they've borne fruit or not before then is another matter, but I still have hopes on the Incredible Bulks :thumb:

Hey Kriaze... ;)
You mentioned few soil in here,like Canna terra pro/plant magic.
What i found that it's quite difficult to know what they still got in them.
All pre nutritioned soil,got the release time,and you never know what they still got. :thumb:
I'm one of them growers who like to feed them more frequently and spend time a lot...so what i do is
getting very light mix(Enough for week) I use Plagron light mix,bit expensive,but i'm in charge of all nutes:thumb:
Hope your girls do their best ... ;)

There's nothing else to think of,my 0.02 ;)

Cheers for the input Mr Am4zin, I've added some amendments to one batch of CTP and will do the same with the Plant Magic Plus too. That way I can see whether I can manage a run with no nutrients needed, but if I do need nutrients I'll be working between top dressings and adding organic nutrients (apparently hard to over feed with). I have Plant Magic Oldtimer's grow and Bloom along with Biobizz Fishmix and Humboldt's Secret Golden tree. I think I'm done with chemicals, unless of course it all goes to shit with the organics :)

Back
Top Bottom