3rd Grow - Time For The Light Show

Cheers for the input Mr Am4zin, I've added some amendments to one batch of CTP and will do the same with the Plant Magic Plus too. That way I can see whether I can manage a run with no nutrients needed,
:geek:PJ's Organic Soil Mix.
just add water​

Hey hello everyone it's update time. I'm a little more upbeat after seeing my plants today, it seems that they're not as bad as I thought :)

Everything in the veg tent is running pretty smoothly, the Incredible Bulk 1 is really coming on now, I wonder how big she will be by the time my other tent is done flowering, she has a good eight or so weeks left to just grow, I may take a couple of cuttings from her though as I really do love how adaptable to everything this particular strain seems to be. The other Incredible Bulk 3 is coming along nicely too, no problems that I can see so far. Also the White Widow which I thought was on it's way out has had a resurgence, she seems to have dropped a lot of her yellow leaves and has new growth, watering with rainwater (my rainwater has a PH of 6.7) seems to be doing the trick for her. I just need more rain now, who'd have bloody thought it in good old gusty lol.

Here is a family shot in my veg tent, I know it needs a good clean but I've been busy over here between Halloween, Bonfire night and a great fog that lasted for two days, so I was out with the camera lying on the beach at 4am smoking a joint for those night shots there, sometimes it has to be done...life is so hard sometimes ;) It was about time I got busy though as it's given me something else to think of instead of brooding over the plants. I'm not sure if they could sense my change in mood and picked themselves up to join me (I hope so) or whether they prefer a lack of my company (probably more the truth lol). Here they are:

IMGP2313151107rs.jpg

Here is the White Widow, she really has picked herself up:

IMGP2296151107.jpg

Incredible Bulk 3 is coming along just fine:

IMGP2305151107rs.jpg

BAM! the Incredible Bulk 1 is really starting to spread now:

IMGP2308151107rs.jpg

For those interested in my organic grow which I have kept to a separate journal here are a couple of shots of the baby girls. The one planted directly into Canna Terra Pro seems to be having no issues and does in fact seem to be outgrowing the other seedling for now:

Dark Devil Auto in bog standard soil:

IMGP2302151107.jpg

Dark Devil Auto in Canna Terra Pro, both seedlings fed rainwater only:

IMGP2300151107.jpg

Now as for the main tent the LSD is still looking very ill but has new growth on her that looks healthy. This has happened before though so I won't be taking much notice of it. I feel kind of bad that I've had to give up on her but I keep watering and feeding for now, I'm not sure when I'll give her the chop chop but it will still probably come.

Here is a family shot:

IMGP2326151107rs.jpg

Now the Paradise Nebula is looking to me like she is actually suffering a Pottasium deficiency, note the curling up of the leaf tips. I could of course be completely wrong but I fed all the plants 15ml each of AN Micro, Grow and Bloom plus around 8ml of CalMag mixed with 6 litres of water between them The feed mixture came in at PH 6.7 so I never bothered with PH down, I think a little variation can't be too bad. Hopefully this should help them over any and all deficiencies. Let's just hope I'm not having to flush them all again over the next few days :)

Here she is:

IMGP2338151107rs.jpg

The Incredible Bulk 2 seems to be ok too, if anything she may be showing early signs of a Phosphorous deficiency (guess who has been reading up on plant problems again) but that should be rectified by the feed that they were given today. I haven't got that much of the AN range left but it should cover this grow and then hopefully I will be going organic completely on all my plants. Until then I see no point in feeding these plants any of the organic range of nutrients that I recently received. I want the chemicals over and done with, we don't mix well :)

Here is the Incredible Bulk 2:

IMGP2343151107rs.jpg

No pictures of the LSD apart from the family shot, she no longer deserves the attention until she either picks herself up or pops herself off. The new growth does look promising, but I've been there with her before. Other than that everything is well here and I hope that it's the same for all my friends here on 420Magazine. I wish you all the best and may your beauties bear bountiful buds. :thumb:

Hello everyone, just a little update with quite a few pictures today as not much is happening at the moment. The two Dark Devil Auto seedlings are both doing well but the one in Canna Terra Pro seems to be outpacing the one that is planted in bog standard soil. Let's take a quick look at those two.

Here is the one in bog standard soil:

IMGP2355151112.jpg

I had to move both seedlings closer to the light as they were stretching. I was a little concerned at them shying away from the light as they did but they looked a lot straighter today and are aiming towards the light again. I'm thinking they just needed some adjustment time.

Here is the Dark Devil Auto that was planted directly into Canna Terra Pro:

IMGP2381151112.jpg

As you can see she seems to be outpacing the other DDA and I can only put that down to the soil difference as everything else has been pretty much the same, except that this one spent a little time on the floor when I dropped my pot. 2 hours of sifting through the soil (twice lol) hasn't done her any harm. When I checked on the plants today the difference in growth is even more drastic. I'll wait before I take any more pictures though, let's see what happens.

The White Widow is still on a strictly water only diet and seems to be slowly growing. I'm tempted to top her but I think for one plant I'm just going to ride it out, maybe I'll get one big fat cola that runs all the way from top to bottom on one branch, nice and easy to trim and would certainly look good as a nug :)

Here she is lazing away with her new companion:

IMGP2364151112.jpg

The Incredible Bulk 1 is vegging nicely, if I can find any room in my tents (think LSD chop chop) I may take a couple of clones from her. I really love how this strain just grows, not many problems of note I'll just have to see how they smoke.

Here she is, looking a little droopy and is probably a bit dry, I won't water until tomorrow though, let's hope she doesn't keel over or something overnight:

IMGP2368151112rs.jpg

Now the Incredible Bulk 3 has been repotted into her final pot. This is Canna Terra Pro soil which I have added my own amendments to (see other thread), I don't know whether it will work, but if it does I will be really happy. I do have the Plant Magic Grow, Biobizz FishMix, and Plant Magic Bloom nutrients if necessary, all of which are organic. I also have some Black Treacle and Epsom Salts on hand too if there's a problem with CalMag. Plus Worm Castings and Bat Guano could also be thrown in as a top dressing, I'm hoping that the amendments I added will be enough to carry her through with water alone though.

Here she is and she looks happy in her new home:

IMGP2379151112.jpg

Now for the flowering tent it's a case of the same old with the LSD. Should I stay or should I go is the song that springs to mind whenever I look at her. The strict water diet hasn't helped at all and I feel like the space she is taking up could be better used. Maybe with cuttings or maybe for the Dark Devil Auto's when I repot them. I realise now from what I have read lately that Auto's should be planted into their final pot straight away, unfortunately I hadn't done my research and it's too late now. Maybe they'll have stunted growth for a week or two but who knows for sure? I'll be very gentle when transplanting them I promise.

Anyway here is a picture of the LSD:

IMGP2405151112rs.jpg

I always wonder why she keeps showing new growth that looks healthy yet it all seems to die, I'm tempted to give her one last big feed but I really think it's useless at this stage. I'll see how the mood takes me when I next feed the other two flowering plants.

The Paradise Nebula which I was pretty sure had a Phosphorous deficiency also doesn't seem to be getting much better. Am I underfeeding or has she locked out? Who knows, I can't really see it being overfeeding though as they're usually at low strength. I've switched back to the AN nutrients lately as they gave me a fine smoke last time, hopefully they can work some wonders here.

Here is the Paradise Nebula:

IMGP2416151112rs.jpg

She's showing signs of budding too:

IMGP2425151112.jpg

The Incredible Bulk 2 is doing well, a few brown spots on her leaves but I'm unsure whether that's where I have spilled feed on her, or maybe it's this bloody plague that blights my plants, I call that plague new grower error. Still she is doing the best of the flowering plants and still looks healthy overall.

Here she is:

IMGP2430151112rs.jpg

She seems to have outpaced the others when it comes to budding though, she's on her way :)

IMGP2440151112.jpg

IMGP2447151112.jpg

Well that's it for the trials and tribulations of my tits up grow for now. I'll update when I next feed which will probably be tomorrow (at least for the IB1) but I don't think I'll post more pictures just yet. I like to see a difference when I do that. I hope everyone is well and that your gardens are blooming. Peace all :thumb:

Hey Spitz, I think I've read something about this but I didn't really take too much notice at the time. Do I literally just plant the roots or do I leave some plant attached? Sorry if that sounds a dumb question but it was awhile back when I read it, and going through 164 journals that I'm subbed to could be a bit of a trawl :)

Just transplant as though you were "potting up". Instead of taking the entire root ball, just cut out a block of roots (say 6" or so). If the roots have filled out the current pot, pull it like a transplant, cut out a square of roots, and plant in a 1 or 2G pot with new soil. I think you'll have more success like this than flush/feed with the current setup. The canna specific soils are all pretty darn good. I'm only suggesting if you're going to trash it anyway. You can trim a bunch of the top stuff IF you have some good lower growth. If not, just roll with the whole thing. Just a thought. Good luck!

I'll be watching. Sounds interesting.

I'm still waiting on the lights coming on in the bloom tent but everything had a watering in the veg tent just now. The Incredible Bulk 1 as expected was looking really droopy, she was given 5 litres of water mixed with 10ml each of AN Micro, Grow and Bloom. Also around 3 or 4ml of CalMag and a couple of ml of SGT. I'm not too sure about the Bloom part of the feed and didn't think about it until after I had done it so on top of that feed I then gave her another 5 litres of plain tapwater. It should be awhile until she needs feeding again but hopefully she won't have any problems due to this error.

The White Widow also had a taster of feed again tonight despite what I said yesterday. She was looking like she had the onset of a CalMag deficiency (I suppose I expect it with growing under the LED's) so she was fed 1litre of the 6litre mix I made for the IB1. Again due to my error I gave her another litre of tapwater to wash that feed down with. Now I've shocked this plant before by overfeeding (I think) and she was on her way to recovery, let's hope I don't set her back.

All the plants which will be grown organic received rainwater only. They're looking smart and the Dark Devil Auto in Canna Terra Pro is now far enough ahead in growth in comparison to the one in standard soil that I have come to the conclusion that not only is Canna Terra Pro soil not too hot for seedlings, but that I will plant more seeds directly into it when the time comes. Although there is probably still time for nutrient problems the plant seems that well developed that I don't think there will be any. The difference between the two plants is not only noticeable, you would think they were planted around a few days or a week apart.

It's going to be a couple of hours or so until the flower tent's lights come on so in the meantime I'm going to go get busy with getting some Canna Terra Pro in a pot ready to cut the LSD rootball and repot it as per Spitz's suggestion. What a great idea that was, thanks Spitz. It won't cost me anything except time to do this experiment so I see no harm in it at all. If the plant does not pick up though I will probably bin the soil rather than adding it to my compost as a soil conditioner as I was expecting to, just in case there is something that I'm missing and it spreads through my compost. I've no idea if that can happen but I don't want to take any chances. I may or may not get a video of it all, depending on how my shakes settle after another smoke. I've been struggling against my nemesis alcohol this past couple of weeks and the smoke that I just had doesn't even seem to have touched me so I do apologise if I come across as a little manic sometimes. We all have our own cross to bear and this is mine, I am fighting it as best I can though. But if it does mean that there'll be spillages everywhere as happened the last time I even planted a seed I'll scratch the video and maybe see if I can get a few pictures instead. I hope everyone is well and that your gardens are blooming bountiful buds. All the best :thumb:

Hey Calidreaming, it may seem a lot (it was actually 10 litres for the big girl) but most of these pots are huge. They each hold around 100 litres of soil so it's not overkill (I hope), just trying to get a little runoff :)

OK, that took a little longer than I expected! I started out by transplanting the LSD as I mentioned I would earlier and then things progressed in their natural chaotic order and plans were laid aside, shelved in the 'ok change of plan for now' department of my brain to make room for the unexpected ideas that were hitting me while I went along.

So starting at the beginning I decided that I would repot the LSD in Canna Terra Pro, I'm not too hopeful for her after looking at her roots. She really doesn't have a healthy rootball so to speak, more a straggly collection of weak looking roots. Still I went ahead and repotted her as it can't do any harm to try can it?

Here she is in her old pot:

IMGP2452151114rs.jpg

My pot of Canna Terra Pro waiting in anticipation and plenty of room for that 'rootball' lol:

IMGP2453151114rs.jpg

This is what I dug up, and I went quite far away from the plant, but the soil just kept on falling off:

IMGP2454151114rs.jpg

Just in case the roots are not clear enough against the soil:

IMGP2455151114.jpg

Doesn't really seem to be many roots for a girl of this age, no wonder she is looking so ill. All the same she was transplanted to give her that chance at life:

IMGP2457151114rs.jpg

Now I didn't want to continue to flower her as I think she not only needs time to adjust after the transplant but also she needs time to pull herself together!

My only problem was where could I squeeze her in? Things are pretty tight in there as it is but in the flower tent things were looking pretty spacious:

IMGP2469151114rs.jpg

A little bit of head scratching ensued :hmmmm: then a nice :ganjamon: while I mulled things over until :idea: I remembered that earlier I had fed my Incredible Bulk 1 some bloom feed by mistake so it was a quick case of rearranging things and it was off to the flower tent for my Incredible Bulk 1:

IMGP2506151114rs.jpg

While I was at it I decided that I would repot the Dark Devil Auto's. Now from what I understand I was supposed to plant these directly into their final pots, too late to change that but I tried to rectify it by transplanting them now rather than risking it later.

The one that was planted directly into Canna Terra Pro seems to be ahead of the one that I planted in standard soil so I transplanted her directly into CTP:

IMGP2564151114rs.jpg

The one that was in standard soil went into a pot of Plant Magic Plus:

IMGP2558151114rs.jpg

As these pots are not as large as the other four that I usually use it meant there was a little room for the LSD to squeeze in at the back of the veg tent.

Here they all are, let's hope they're all happy in their new homes:

IMGP2546151114rs.jpg

I also decided to mix my next batch of soil, this time using Plant Magic Plus as the base soil whilst adding a little Dolomite Lime, Bonemeal, Fish Blood and Bone, Bat Guano, Worm Castings, Mycorrhizal Fungi, Diatemaceous Earth and some Volcanic Dust. It will sit in it's pot for quite awhile now until I have room to pot up another plant.

IMGP2568151114rs.jpg

Talking of room when I started out I thought I would be happy with one small tent and a 300w CFL. Oh the plans of mice and men :)
Here is a little walk around my grow room, please ignore the lack of cleanliness it's been a hard couple of weeks here, but now I have made some space by giving my old lighting setup away (CFL and HPS) and clearing some bags of soil I'll be able to crack on and fix it up.

IMGP2526151114rs.jpg
IMGP2539151114.jpg
IMGP2530151114rs.jpg
IMGP2535151114rs.jpg

Yep, gets a little addictive I think :rofl: Still it keeps me busy at times when I would be sat brooding or binge drinking and of course there is the rewards of my medicine, when the plants quit keep dying on me.

Here are the tents as they are inside now that I've had a rearrangement:

Veg tent:

IMGP2546151114rs.jpg

Flower tent:

IMGP2506151114rs.jpg

Now if I could only squeeze another tent in there....

and that my friends concludes my update for today/tonight (it's 4am over here). I'll be around reading for awhile yet so if you have any queries or input please feel free to post, besides I get tired of talking to myself :) Maybe I'll have to look for a smokers group or something, it would be nice to relax and share a pipe or three. Damn, the US has it made (or certain states)...it must be great to relax amongst friends, chew the fat and smoke a fine reefer. It's a terrible feeling over here, even though it helps in so many ways it's stigmatised and sometimes that makes my relaxation turn into anxiety. FREE ME! FREE THE WEED!

All the best everyone and may your gardens of green produce bountiful buds. :Namaste:

mad reps bro you got a case of growers fever... lol I swear I was just thinking of how I could get another tent in my room and more lights shit I got growers fever also its like the plague but in a good way :rofl: now all my friends want to grow or want me to tell them how to grow

but its something I love to do I might not be the best at it but I sure do enjoy it I can say that much I love the dark devil autos that's one of the strains I want to try for sure and those plants in the flower tent look like they will be beasts

happy growing bro from the good old u.s.a.

Back
Top Bottom