Wheelo's 3rd run - Attack of the Holy Shoots

Thanks bro, your system has been an inspiration to me.

I was gonna go STG just because it looks easy, and the product sounds good. . . I did see that they wont go all the way to the top, I figured I could just top it off with some hydroton on top to fill up the bucket.

My pH drifts up because my tap/RO comes out at about 7/6.8, so when I hook up the automatic top off, that will also bring up my pH automatically, instead of just when I top it off by hand. I figure a pH controller can counteract that. yeah another level of complexity will add a greater chance for failure, but I'm a tech freak bro. . . eventually I am going to buy an Intellidose. not now but mark my words, 420mag will see an intellidose journal from me at some point.

thanks for your support bro, I hope I succeed this round too. sitting on it, thinking about it, I am getting fairly disappointed with the performance and difficulty level of the wheel. it's just too high maintenance.

WOF, I use GH Flora series and do daily top offs to my rez with water only. It is RO and the pH is 7 or higher. You would think that this would simply increase the pH number over time and it does rise for about 5 days but then will settle in often times. I don't know what the buffering agent is that GH uses, but it is quite effective. A single pH adjustment after first mixing the batch is all that would be necessary.

WOF, I use GH Flora series and do daily top offs to my rez with water only. It is RO and the pH is 7 or higher. You would think that this would simply increase the pH number over time and it does rise for about 5 days but then will settle in often times. I don't know what the buffering agent is that GH uses, but it is quite effective. A single pH adjustment after first mixing the batch is all that would be necessary.

that sounds great. . . man you guys really like those GH nutes huh? Maybe I'll switch over after a run or two, but I already have $1000 in Connoisseur and company from my last run, so I simply have to use that up first before I go out and spend more. . .

But thanks both to you and McB, a simple cheaper nute is right up my alley if it works well.

:thanks::peace:

that sounds great. . . man you guys really like those GH nutes huh? Maybe I'll switch over after a run or two, but I already have $1000 in Connoisseur and company from my last run, so I simply have to use that up first before I go out and spend more. . .

But thanks both to you and McB, a simple cheaper nute is right up my alley if it works well.

:thanks::peace:

Cheap, easy to mix/use, and produces great results; truly a hard combo to beat. Now I will try other nutes in the future, but I can heartily recommend GH Flora for those starting out. Completing a grow or two with it can allow the grower a benchmark in which to compare other products.

hey wheelO and max is there room for one more to your club?
I have just started up my roto gro 24 site 2x600 hps and it was unbleivably hard to find info on this type of grow. Up untill last night I thought I was the only one using the wheel.Then I found your's and max's threads and dam there is a god.lol
This is my first grow right now there 1 week into flower.
I did not veg at all due to the limited vertical space
my strain is endless sky 100% indica
ph is at 5.5
nutes are only A+B bloom (this will change once I get a couple more bucks)

Keep up the great threads man and I am going to read them all
once I figure I know what I'm doing hopfully I can add to yours and maxs extencive work

T.

hey wheelO and max is there room for one more to your club?
I have just started up my roto gro 24 site 2x600 hps and it was unbleivably hard to find info on this type of grow. Up untill last night I thought I was the only one using the wheel.Then I found your's and max's threads and dam there is a god.lol
This is my first grow right now there 1 week into flower.
I did not veg at all due to the limited vertical space
my strain is endless sky 100% indica
ph is at 5.5
nutes are only A+B bloom (this will change once I get a couple more bucks)

Keep up the great threads man and I am going to read them all
once I figure I know what I'm doing hopfully I can add to yours and maxs extencive work

T.

Nice to see that there is another wheel grower at 420 mag! Hope you start a journal; we would all love to see your work.

Oh, and :welcome: to 420 magazine.com!

thanks for the welcome but unfortunatly I probably wont be able to do a journal here cause I cant figure out how to post pics lol when I try it asks for an http what ever that is or a url still no clue hahaha
sooner or later I'll figure it out

T.

thanks for the welcome but unfortunatly I probably wont be able to do a journal here cause I cant figure out how to post pics lol when I try it asks for an http what ever that is or a url still no clue hahaha

T.

We all had an issue with that in the beginning.

Check out this thread on it and see if it helps.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

T.

First off welcome..I love seeing wheel/vert grows. There nothing short of amazing. I hope to see your journal here.:welcome:

sorry WheelO for posting so much on your thread
as far as making a journal I have one already started on another sight that I have put alot of work into so far its from seed to clone to wheel I'm only in the start of second week of flower in the wheel on my first attempt lol
so if I'm gonna journal here I'll wait for my second grow so I can start from the begining and hopfully have a nice healthy full crop to show off.

thanks for making me feel welcome guys
T.

Trust me, there's no highjack feel from your posts at all.

We love the rotaries and are really happy to have you here.

WOF is a great laidback grower to, I'm sure he wants to see your work as well ;)

sorry WheelO for posting so much on your thread
as far as making a journal I have one already started on another sight that I have put alot of work into so far its from seed to clone to wheel I'm only in the start of second week of flower in the wheel on my first attempt lol
so if I'm gonna journal here I'll wait for my second grow so I can start from the begining and hopfully have a nice healthy full crop to show off.

thanks for making me feel welcome guys
T.

no prob bro, was just a bit busy or i would have responded earlier.

very glad to see another wheel grower here, I can definitely help you out with any questions as I have gone through it all lol. RW can be a tricky substrate.

shoot me a personal message (pm) with a link to your gorw, i'll check it out. i won't post as I am exclusively with 420mag, though.

good move not vegging at all in the wheel, i think it's the best method to insure they don't outgrow their space.

gotta go right now, but i'll be back tomorrow night.

:welcome:

LMAO--hahahah I cant pm cause I dont have 25 posts
try googling "endless sky is poppin my cherry"

anyways bro I'm glued to your threads and learnin LOTS
thankyou
T.

looked it up TnT. . . .but i cant see pics cause i'm not a member.

seems like your doin ok. . . got the wheel full up?

saw your last post you were looking for people with experience with RW. . . good idea it can be a royal pain. . .

here is some basic wheel advice.

1) water once a day.
2) get a box fan and point it through the wheel, this will cool them a bit, circulate the air, remove humidity, and strengthen up the stems a bit.
3) you already did this, but i think its best to go straight to flower once they go in.
4) Flush them with a flush solution at least every other week!!!! if you skip this step it will be too late to fix when they finally show sign of problems.
5) make sure your res is big enough to handle the rapid fluctuations RW can go through. . . more water = more buffer

my next gro will be side by side Wheel vs. Ebb n Gro in 4-5 weeks

Are you still going with RW for your next wheel grow?

Are there any other mediums you can use, like maybe chunks of STG or something?

Possibly, I was thinking of trying an STG cube and a constant flood to the top of the cube. . . as long as it wouldn't drip. Only one way to find out. . . I got 80 2" neoprene inserts to put on top of the green housing inside the wheel. This will cover he medium to prevent any fungus or algae growth. I'm also hopin it will prevent any nutrients dripping down the stems when they are inverted, as I've had problems with in the past. since I don't know whether it will work or perhaps do something bad I will prob try it on just a few the first time and see how if it helps.

Most likely I'll go with RW again. . . I think I'm learning more each time and I'm really close to taming this testy biotch.

Honestly this might be her last chance to impress me before I get frustrated with her. . . I'm a laid back kind of guy, If I want a high maintenance relationship, she better look like jessica alba, or scarlet johanson. you know what I'm sayin brah? Otherwise i'll go bark up another tree. the compare grow will decide her fate.

you know what, even if she looked like that, after a bit, you'd be wishin' she was someone else's problem ;)

100% true. but it would be a hell of a ride to get to that point :yahoo:

I didn't really mean a bad apple, i just meant high maintenance. . . like taking hours to get ready to go out or always needing attention or something else.

But i agree with you that people who have unattractive personalities are never beautiful regardless of looks. perception is powerful.

lol nice post.
did you really find the wheel hard to handle? I have read lots of your posts but I have only made it to around pg 13 ish (its about the same stage I'm in)
other then all the complicated stuff your trying
-seed production
-LST
-tieing down
-cutting holes to make more root room
-sog screen
ect ect...
have you JUST tryed filling it with clones probably a 100%indica and standing by with a Dr. nodes/Bush master to inhibit vertical and lettin her go?
Thats all I'm doing and so far so good. I'm only in second week of bloom (clone to bloom no veg) and the only nutes I'm using right now is A+B bloom from Higro corp.
I will keep ya posted on how mine turns out and also be following your posts
Thanks again for all the tips I picked up from your journals. Cause like you said to that one guy if you want advertising look on the web if you want questions answered look to someone who is using it.

T.

P.S. on my wheel its 16 inches to the cool tube how close can the plants get before they burn? and how close is it from tray to cool tube on your wheel?
Thanks bud
T.

Back
Top Bottom