4 Plants - 3 Strains - Promix HP - 600W MH/HPS

Ok I'll pick some up eventually. Is it only used when stress is present or should I just throw it in to all my nute solutions?

This is a personal decision.

if money is of issue i would say no stick to your basic npk with no boosters.

B1 helps with the overall growth of your plant, same with Calcium and magnesium. its also good to add some type of silica booster to help cell structure and strength.

there is a laundry list of boosters you can add to your npk, some will say its all a gimmick, some will swear by them. there are many companys out there that try and copy the ones with science/data behind theirs and lower their prices. but the plant wants nutrients in their natural form, not some scientifically engineered process.

so i would say at the very least add B1 and calcium if you can.

The girls are officially in flower! And dang, that HPS is really orange, lol. Temp seems to be stabilizing around 70-72F for now with the humidifier going, RH of 35-38%. With the humidifier off I've seen RH drop to 18% :)
Edit: Also my night temps reach 63F, is this too low or just right? I do want to aim for some of those purple buds ya know ;)

The girls are officially in flower! And dang, that HPS is really orange, lol. Temp seems to be stabilizing around 70-72F for now with the humidifier going, RH of 35-38%. With the humidifier off I've seen RH drop to 18% :)
Edit: Also my night temps reach 63F, is this too low or just right? I do want to aim for some of those purple buds ya know ;)

those purple buds from cold is a sign of a dying plant. i prefer purple genetics to flowers forced to go purple or blue. your humidity sounds about perfect, ive never had it as low as 18% but 30-40 is great too. i would try and keep your night and day temps closer to each other, they will form solid dense flowers with night and day temps close to the same. if you do want to force purple on your flowers, drop the night temps in the last couple weeks after the plant has built most of its mass.

light bleaching depends on the type of light you have as well as how strong they are.

CFL lights = you can go right up to touching them before burning
T5 lights = same as CFL
250W = Aircooled? you could be within 6 inches
400w = Aircooled? you could be 4-8 inches
600w = Aircooled? you could be 6-10 inches
1000w = Aircooled? you could be 10-20 inches
Led = still discovering these, changes with all brands and power
my 1600w led is around 18 inches away from canopy

I&i

Edit

1 x 600W MH (Growbright brand I think) in a simple $25 wing reflector

is there fans oscillating in there? is there a blower blowing air in and or out?

From looking at the last posted picture, i would have to say keep your 600w 12-14 inches unless you have it air cooled or have good airflow in your grow area.

place your hand just above the canopy, how hot does it feel? if you can place a temp gauge at canopy level and see how hot she gets. i dont have experience with wing reflectors, ive used air cooled hoods with glass

I&i

Well some of these plants may have purple genetics in them already, I've just heard the colder temps will 'bring it out' more, meh idk enough lol. You say to keep the day/night temps close? I've heard the opposite, that the gap in temps is good for them as long at its no bigger than a 15F gap? My area has very good air flow, guess I'll aim for about 12-14 inches with them, see how it goes. My ventilation system is a 595 CFM inline fan at the top of the room venting straight out a window, 2 passive 14" x 14" intakes on the bottom of the side opposite the inline fan, 1 16" pedestal fan blowing over the canopy at the moment, and I also used a clip fan on the MH bulb to cool it off a bit more but no longer need it for HPS bulb. I still have 3 clip fans at my disposal too for when these girls get big.

colder temps will bring them out but its because you are freezing the plant, causing it to almost die. im hoping someone will come in soon and explain it better, i am by no means a teacher..

from my understanding on the temp, is when you first go into 12/12 you want your temps at day and night being as similar as possible (mimicking the summer nights)

this will keep your nodes closer together, allowing for dense nugs, the change in temps, will stretch the nodes away.

i have heard towards the ends of grow is when growers tend to mess with their temps trying to bring purples and blues out of the flowers. but ive only heard of this being done in the last 2 weeks of flowering.

take what i say with a grain of salt, ive always taken advise from several sources and boiled them down to what makes sense to me.

I&i

colder temps will bring them out but its because you are freezing the plant, causing it to almost die. im hoping someone will come in soon and explain it better, i am by no means a teacher..

from my understanding on the temp, is when you first go into 12/12 you want your temps at day and night being as similar as possible (mimicking the summer nights)

this will keep your nodes closer together, allowing for dense nugs, the change in temps, will stretch the nodes away.

i have heard towards the ends of grow is when growers tend to mess with their temps trying to bring purples and blues out of the flowers. but ive only heard of this being done in the last 2 weeks of flowering.

take what i say with a grain of salt, ive always taken advise from several sources and boiled them down to what makes sense to me.

I&i

you sound like a pretty good teacher to me !!

I&i

Any info is better than no info, gives me something to look up, thanks! Guess I'll be buying a space heater in the near future lol. Looks like they're pretty cheap online at least. Also, in just the past day, my plants are stinking it up! If I spend more than a few minutes in there the stench gets on me, hehe

Snapped a few pics quick to show you guys
20141114_104738_1_.jpg
20141114_104649_1_.jpg

Less and less room in there each day.

Snapped a few pics quick to show you guys
20141114_104738_1_.jpg
20141114_104649_1_.jpg

Less and less room in there each day.

looking good.. i know your happy every day u walk into the room!!

I watered my biggest MKage just now and here is what I gave it: 1 gallon @ 1 tsp Grow Big, 1 tsp MicroFlora Hardwater, 1/2 tsp Protekt, 1/2 tsp Cal-mag and 36 drops of ph down, ph 6.1. Then 1/2 gallon @ 1/2 tsp Tiger Bloom, 1/2 tsp Big Bloom and 15 drops of ph down, ph 5.9, sound like a good mixture? There's probably a little too much run off with 1.5 gallons so I'll use less from here on out.

great lookin pics.. they will start to change so much .. now is the fun part ..:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom