4 Plants - 3 Strains - Promix HP - 600W MH/HPS

I'm close to the halfway point of the grow too. Doing ok for my first time I think. Thanks for all the help you guys. :thumb:

lol your doing ten times better than me on my first !!!

I was exactly the same; I researched on here for weeks, and had my grow planned start to finish before I put a bean in the water - it went very well, with no issues along the way because of this, which is why I cannot understand people coming on here with basic issues, clearly no idea at all about how to grow herb, and haven't read the 'everything you need to know to grow cannabis' thread ;)

I'd say I easily got half my info from this site and it seems to be working for me! I realized my biggest challenge is getting nutes and ph correct, takes some experience. I do kinda feel bad for the people who just start growing with no info, get their hopes up only to have the plant(s) die from something like mold or bugs, but you reap what you sow ;) I think the biggest problem is the time investment spent on research, people just don't want to spend the 200+ hours researching the plant.

I'd say I easily got half my info from this site and it seems to be working for me! I realized my biggest challenge is getting nutes and ph correct, takes some experience. I do kinda feel bad for the people who just start growing with no info, get their hopes up only to have the plant(s) die from something like mold or bugs, but you reap what you sow ;) I think the biggest problem is the time investment spent on research, people just don't want to spend the 200+ hours researching the plant.

my point exactly.. i spent hundreds of hrs reading before i popped a bean and i still spend hundreds of hrs reading..u can tell in the f.a.q who has read and actually tried to figure it out on their own and who just wants the fast answers and it will show true when its harvest time.

my point exactly.. i spent hundreds of hrs reading before i popped a bean and i still spend hundreds of hrs reading..u can tell in the f.a.q who has read and actually tried to figure it out on their own and who just wants the fast answers and it will show true when its harvest time.

"research "should be everyone's middle name :)

Gonna put in the wire cages today, these babies need some support now! And a side note, have any of you looked at my nugs in my signature?

Edit: Plants are too big for the cages, can't fit them in without breaking branches, lol. Well now I know for next time to put them in early.

Re: 4 plants/3 strains, Promix HP, 600W MH/HPS

PH with the promix gets tricky after a while, check the PH before you water in solution as well, if they match your perfect, if in the proper range of 5.8-6.2. I'm wondering how to increase the nutrient levels with keeping the PH above 5.8. I'm having a devil of a time getting the buds to put on weight. Any added help would be great if you'd like to take a look at my journal. We're growing in the same medium so I'm curious how well yours turn out, needless to say I'm subed.

Been awhile sorry man, but from what I've learned dolomite lime is a good additive to put in your soil. It will raise ph automatically and provide a few more minerals to the medium, the catch though is it can't be removed and permanently messes with the ph so be careful if you decide to try it.

Snapped a quick pic of the room
20141127_071414_1_.jpg

Running about the same time in flower with my 2 Frankenstein clones in promix using Growology nutes. I've found doing 1.25 gallon waterings seem to give enough run-off without being excessive. Research and Patience is the most important but, hands-on experience gets it seared into your brain where you'll never forget. I read a lot before my first but still ended with some issues that could have been prevented. Learning to PH properly is THE most important thing along with temps. Indoor growing turned out a little tougher then I originally thought but on my 4th now and have really learned a lot. I wish I had a room that big to grow in.

I grow sativa more or less exclusively in a 5 foot tent. just top them at the 6th and flip after 3 or 4 weeks, mine are about 3 foot each and pull about 3 to 4 Oz's each

on the other hand, I am running a cotton candy 12/12 from seed, and it is just out of control, and close to being killed off as it just doesn't fit; I have put 2 bends in it now, but it is still just 5 inches under the lights, even at a right angle :peace:

Just a quick update. The MKage's are literally perfect, not one small tinge of yellow or brown or black anywhere! And with the topping I can tell its growing out at least 4 colas, also has very good node spacing, guess I lucked out lol. The Dark Star had a fit yesterday, went from being perky to limp and dried out all overnight. I fed her and certain leaves curled up and got crispy, some other looked a little more yellow. Thinking about flushing her again, not sure what else to do, maybe it's a touchy strain. Blue Kush is chugging along, nice dense, bushy little plant with good node spacing also. The MK's are about 28-29 inches tall now, still haven't moved the light really since I started this grow lol.

When you flushed your plants how much water did you use and what was the PH of the flushing water? I thought 5 gal bucket 5 gallons of water and also, when do or did you test the PH of the overflow? I have to flush this weekend and wanted to get my ducks in a row so I don't goof it up.

Running about the same time in flower with my 2 Frankenstein clones in promix using Growology nutes. I've found doing 1.25 gallon waterings seem to give enough run-off without being excessive. Research and Patience is the most important but, hands-on experience gets it seared into your brain where you'll never forget. I read a lot before my first but still ended with some issues that could have been prevented. Learning to PH properly is THE most important thing along with temps. Indoor growing turned out a little tougher then I originally thought but on my 4th now and have really learned a lot. I wish I had a room that big to grow in.

Did these Frankenstein clones come from washington? i have 12-15 frankenstein seeds that came from a vendor at a cannabis market that claims its his self made strain. ive only heard about this strain from the movie "grandmas boy" so wasnt positive as everyone here knows i dont trust us collectives ;)

i have to look this strain up now, see what the online says about it hah, need to follow that grow. im heading that way!

i planned on waiting a good while to start those seeds, got many other strains i know alot more about ha

I&i

Just a quick update. The MKage's are literally perfect, not one small tinge of yellow or brown or black anywhere! And with the topping I can tell its growing out at least 4 colas, also has very good node spacing, guess I lucked out lol. The Dark Star had a fit yesterday, went from being perky to limp and dried out all overnight. I fed her and certain leaves curled up and got crispy, some other looked a little more yellow. Thinking about flushing her again, not sure what else to do, maybe it's a touchy strain. Blue Kush is chugging along, nice dense, bushy little plant with good node spacing also. The MK's are about 28-29 inches tall now, still haven't moved the light really since I started this grow lol.

our shop plants run dry at least once a month. im the only volunteer with plant knowledge or care really. so the 3 days im away if i forget to water my last day, they be dried up by my return day.

usually what happens is the entire plant is limp and looks dead, first thing to look for is your soil. pick your pot up if you can or stick your finger down a inch and if its light or dry to the touch then she needs water. i usually just know instantly it needs water since its a constant issue at the shop.
when you give her water, not all the leaves are going to recover. usually the lower leaves will twist and crumble and dry out, while the top leaves will pick back up.
i just trim off all the dead looking leaves and leave the healthy ones.

now our shop plants arent in flower, and they are around 6 months old in 3 gallon pots, i still to this day just give them water with no nutes and they look green and healthy. the soil is happy frog potting soil.

I&i

When I flushed I used 5 gallons of 6-6.2 ph water. Maybe I should have used more though. The run off was 6.0 in the end of it. Never heard of Frankenstein either, sounds interesting. A for the Dark Star, she was fine the day before, I lifted her and everything. Next day she was just incredibly dry for no apparent reason and the limpy leaves began about halfway through the light cycle. Maybe a growth spurt? lol. Most of the upper leaves did recover, a few didn't. Just sucks I messed her up initially all those weeks ago, meh live and learn.

Thank you for the info make's me feel better getting first hand knowledge. They are technically called Lil Frankenstein and came from Amsterdam but I received these plants as clones. 80% indica and I'm looking forward to the harvest in 4-5 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom