4000 Watt Top-Feed Rec Grow Cubes Cap'n Style OG Kush

Trying this on my 29 dollar smart phone.
Today was a sad day. Had to remove all traces of my purple urkle as it hermed on me. So the beauties got the burn barrel. Also due to poor scheduling on my part i had to remove the last three bubba ogs.
From this point on no more cloning or transplanting any plants to finish here.
I will be cloning to move and also cloning and germinating seeds for this years outdoor projects.
Ill get some fresh pics up soon.

S1ing, if a grower is diligent and wants to take the chance, could hermie pollen sacks be removed and the plant harvested successfully? Or will the mere presence of the hermie gene stunt flower production?

S1ing, if a grower is diligent and wants to take the chance, could hermie pollen sacks be removed and the plant harvested successfully? Or will the mere presence of the hermie gene stunt flower production?

I'll let s1ing respond with his experience, but for me, it didn't stunt growth, but despite my efforts to remove them, I must have missed a couple because I got seeds. Not a ton, maybe 10 per oz average. I grew a few of those seeds out, but they were not as vigorous as the mother.

That sucks bout the Urkle, mine did pop a few very late in flower(8-9 WKS), but hermies don't freak me out, all cannabis can do it, it's just survival, I got a good harvest off mine,with only 3 WKS veg, and only a couple seeds , most of the nanners didn't open,or we're empty, I got lots of seed on the branches I pollinated on purpose, I did not find the Urkle a problem, plants right next to it we're seedless, hell some of my best plants ever we're hermie seeds, and some we're just a mess, it's just my opinion here but unless it's massive I don't worry about a few nanners, if you have ever popped a fem seed you popped a hermie seed, I never minded a few seeds in my stash back before I started growing, it was normal, only when it was more seed than bud did it bother me, and if it was great bud I figured it was a oppertunity to get more of that great bud in the future, sorry to babble on sling I'm sure your opinion is very different than mine, but it's just that my opinion and like buttholes ...etc...etc
Luv ya bfam
Sorry bout the Urkle, you'll just have to come get some cured bud from me next time u visit

Greetings my friend.

When I look at your pics, it makes me miss my net/screen. Can't use every technique all the time though huh? You don't trim, you manicure your buds. The pride shows buddy :Thumb:

I admit I didn't read every page, but skimming I saw something about a stolen dog? That sucks. Hope all else is well with you. I'll likely be in AZ in April to take care of my rental. We gotta make plans to hook up and talk shop! :Namaste:

Reminds me of the 70's when we'd have pound parties. Time to gather at the kitchen table and break down a brick-pound. Clean all the stems & seeds out. If only I had some of those awesome columbian seeds now to breed with.

I use 1/2 gallon mason jars and the large humidipaks. I put 1 pack in when I drop nugs into the jars. I also have those mini digital gauges. From that point I pretty much keep the jars closed. Super happy with them.

I have also used them for bud that was too dry and it worked wonders.

When the pack get hard, they are toast. So as long as they are obviously like new they are working well.

Thanks to Stevehman for mentioning them in one of his journals some time ago.

I just started using the large Boveda packs too. I'm using 1g jars though. I was worried how long they would last for the cost, but it seems like they will last for several harvest based on my experience so far, and they do keep the buds perfect.

If you set the dried up crystally PAC on top of a small bowl thats sitting inside of another larger bowl of water and set plastic wrap over the top of the bowl it will swell back up like new. I've done it twice and then I chucked it. Thanks bass and the guy who told u

Are you talking about rejuvenating a Boveda pack after it gets hard?

I use 1/2 gallon mason jars and the large humidipaks. I put 1 pack in when I drop nugs into the jars. I also have those mini digital gauges. From that point I pretty much keep the jars closed. Super happy with them.

I have also used them for bud that was too dry and it worked wonders.

When the pack get hard, they are toast. So as long as they are obviously like new they are working well.

Thanks to Stevehman for mentioning them in one of his journals some time ago.

I also use boveda 62% packs and mini hygrometers in 1/2 pound Budvac jars. I use two large packs per 1/2 pound jar, vacuum down the jar and let it cure.

bud is always perfect :)

I also use boveda 62% packs and mini hygrometers in 1/2 pound Budvac jars. I use two large packs per 1/2 pound jar, vacuum down the jar and let it cure.

those are neat jars! Spendy though. I just use 1 gallon food jars. I got most of mine from someone getting out of the honey business. :winkyface:

Why 2 packs? I put 2 in a bunch of mine, but I think it was overkill.

Which reminds me... how do you store the packs? I have a bunch not being used in a freezer bag. Think that's OK?

those are neat jars! Spendy though. I just use 1 gallon food jars. I got most of mine from someone getting out of the honey business. :winkyface:

Which reminds me... how do you store the packs? I have a bunch not being used in a freezer bag. Think that's OK?

love those jars :) but they are expensive.

I use 2 per half pound cause that's what my hydro store told me to use. I store the packs in mason jars but they say you can store them for a year in the ziplocks. I bought two large ones for my 1/2 pound jar and several smaller ones I use in the quart size mason jars over a year ago and I've yet to have any dry up.

I just started using the large Boveda packs too. I'm using 1g jars though. I was worried how long they would last for the cost, but it seems like they will last for several harvest based on my experience so far, and they do keep the buds perfect.

Are you talking about rejuvenating a Boveda pack after it gets hard?
Yeah man. I bought a case of the bigens 62% there prob two by three inches but they gave me a smaller sample. That one dried up in a half gallon jar and I was able to turn it from dried out crystals (feeling wise) and back to hydrated.

How long have u stored the medicine? Thanks

The new ones I havent opened yet are in a plastic wrap and fine. The ones i used for a minute are in a sealed sandwich sized zipper bag and they are almost a year old now and like new.
Has anyone triedt he lower RH versions? Or is 62 the magic number. I'd love to be able to lock down a half pound for a year and have it stay "Just Righht"
Thanks

anything new Sling? Happy Sativaday :thumb:
Sorry all, I've been in a lazy bored mood all day, its a side effect of love! Was home with sWeetP and our pups two nights this week! So fun but it always has a negative effect on my addiction. Workaholicism that is lol. Now I know why I would hear trainers telling their fighters to stay celibate until after their big fight.
I'll be moving my project closer to home by over an hour so soon I'll be around my family more, which is what we all need. Don't know what I'll do with myself if I can get from dinner table to garden in under fifteen mins? As of now and for the next 6 weeks its 90+
Have a "its Sunday and the weathers so nice im gonna smoke a doobie and go for a hike but forgot water and had bad cotton mouth so I came back early day" cronic lol

I'll take some fresh pics and post a good update soon

Also wanted to say thanks for all the votes guys and gals it means a lot and even if I lost you all make me a winner. Prizes and title mean little to me its the thought that counts, Thank You

I like dry bud. I've gotten buds cured in jars with the packs and I just dry the bud out over a night or two. Its just what I do. Watching the strain hunter videos I observed that In Morocco they dry and cure the bud in open air for a few months before the make it into hashish. And in Columbia these guy had a table full of dry kife which they ran though a hand meat grinder and turned it into some bad ass solvent less honey. My research and experience say tricombs that are dry are more potent.

personally I've stored meds in the Budvac jars with boveda packs for five months , but I'm sure you could store them for years. 62% is the magic number. at that percentage meds stay fresh, but dry enough to prevent molds from growing. :)

if you want to store meds for real long periods I would invest in some budvac jars.

Bud Vac

Yeah man. I bought a case of the bigens 62% there prob two by three inches but they gave me a smaller sample. That one dried up in a half gallon jar and I was able to turn it from dried out crystals (feeling wise) and back to hydrated.

The new ones I havent opened yet are in a plastic wrap and fine. The ones i used for a minute are in a sealed sandwich sized zipper bag and they are almost a year old now and like new.
Has anyone triedt he lower RH versions? Or is 62 the magic number. I'd love to be able to lock down a half pound for a year and have it stay "Just Righht"
Thanks

Sorry all, I've been in a lazy bored mood all day, its a side effect of love! Was home with sWeetP and our pups two nights this week! So fun but it always has a negative effect on my addiction. Workaholicism that is lol. Now I know why I would hear trainers telling their fighters to stay celibate until after their big fight.
I'll be moving my project closer to home by over an hour so soon I'll be around my family more, which is what we all need. Don't know what I'll do with myself if I can get from dinner table to garden in under fifteen mins? As of now and for the next 6 weeks its 90+
Have a "its Sunday and the weathers so nice im gonna smoke a doobie and go for a hike but forgot water and had bad cotton mouth so I came back early day" cronic lol

I'll take some fresh pics and post a good update soon

Also wanted to say thanks for all the votes guys and gals it means a lot and even if I lost you all make me a winner. Prizes and title mean little to me its the thought that counts, Thank You

AFAIK, 62 IS the magic number. Like Ronnie said, it is low enough to not allow anything to grow, but not too dry to make it harsher smoke.

How are you moving your garden? Are you renting space somewhere? I can't imagine you're selling "the ranch", but maybe that's what's happening. I think you just bought the house you guys moved into last year, so maybe you don't need the other place anymore. We're actually watching the MLS for land in NoAZ. We just miss Flagstaff. Hearing you talking about hiking really made me miss it. No hiking way up here in the winter. Snowshoeing maybe. :blalol:

@303stoner...
That might be true. I suspect that cure would make sure that ALL of the cannabinoids would become psychoactive. How much of the THC would react all the way to THC-C or D though? It's probably not a huge difference. My bigger concern would be the smoke. I'm sure these methods are fine for making concentrates, although I wonder if some bubble from fresh trim might not taste better than that stuff. :winkyface: If you're smoking the flowers, as many(most?) of us do, drying them that way would make for terrible smoke IMHO.

The methods you describe work for those growers in their situation. I cringe to think of doing that to MY plants though. :yummy::morenutes::dreamy:

I was skeptical about the Bovedas at first. I knew they would work, I balked at the cost. That actually doesn't seem too bad now that I've had some for awhile. They last while and work awesome!

Greetings my friend.

When I look at your pics, it makes me miss my net/screen. Can't use every technique all the time though huh? You don't trim, you manicure your buds. The pride shows buddy :Thumb:

I admit I didn't read every page, but skimming I saw something about a stolen dog? That sucks. Hope all else is well with you. I'll likely be in AZ in April to take care of my rental. We gotta make plans to hook up and talk shop! :Namaste:
Yes, lets.

Woohoo new pics soon
Happy Skunkday Sling waiting for those pics :thumb:
asap
My understanding is 62% is the magic number.
Thanks Bassman
I like dry bud. I've gotten buds cured in jars with the packs and I just dry the bud out over a night or two. Its just what I do. Watching the strain hunter videos I observed that In Morocco they dry and cure the bud in open air for a few months before the make it into hashish. And in Columbia these guy had a table full of dry kife which they ran though a hand meat grinder and turned it into some bad ass solvent less honey. My research and experience say tricombs that are dry are more potent.
thanks for your post
personally I've stored meds in the Budvac jars with boveda packs for five months , but I'm sure you could store them for years. 62% is the magic number. at that percentage meds stay fresh, but dry enough to prevent molds from growing. :)

if you want to store meds for real long periods I would invest in some budvac jars.

Bud Vac
Thanks alot and I will look into that link.
AFAIK, 62 IS the magic number. Like Ronnie said, it is low enough to not allow anything to grow, but not too dry to make it harsher smoke.

How are you moving your garden? Are you renting space somewhere? I can't imagine you're selling "the ranch", but maybe that's what's happening. I think you just bought the house you guys moved into last year, so maybe you don't need the other place anymore. We're actually watching the MLS for land in NoAZ. We just miss Flagstaff. Hearing you talking about hiking really made me miss it. No hiking way up here in the winter. Snowshoeing maybe. :blalol:

@303stoner...
That might be true. I suspect that cure would make sure that ALL of the cannabinoids would become psychoactive. How much of the THC would react all the way to THC-C or D though? It's probably not a huge difference. My bigger concern would be the smoke. I'm sure these methods are fine for making concentrates, although I wonder if some bubble from fresh trim might not taste better than that stuff. :winkyface: If you're smoking the flowers, as many(most?) of us do, drying them that way would make for terrible smoke IMHO.

The methods you describe work for those growers in their situation. I cringe to think of doing that to MY plants though. :yummy::morenutes::dreamy:

I was skeptical about the Bovedas at first. I knew they would work, I balked at the cost. That actually doesn't seem too bad now that I've had some for awhile. They last while and work awesome!

I agree they are awesome, thanks all for the confirmation that 62% is IT.
As for my moving Its just a new spot. I wont sell the ranch as no one would ever pay me a fair price, if they did I still wouldn't want to sell it.
I'll get into the details soon as I have to be real careful what I say as its still a risky proposition

Thanks all and I will get those new pics up later, Have to run soon and secure my new spot.

Back
Top Bottom