420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: August 2011

Vote for Nug of the Month - August 2011

• GodsTrichome (Auto AK47 x Auto NYC Diesel)

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • astonr420 (Blackberry Kush)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • HomeMedGrower (Rainbow)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Les Doodess (CannaColada)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • shaggie-420 (Purple Haze)

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Van Diesel (Sour Diesel)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Fratdogg223 (White Widow)

• Mr Smith (IceQueen)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • stevehman (Gigabud)

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • grizzly3327 (grizzly special – Kush)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Jozo-sha (Pakistan Ryder auto)

• Icemud (Blue Dragon)

• ConqueringLOJ (L.A. Cheese)

• Aberration (Matanuskan Thunderfu@k)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • GMT1975A (Blue Widow)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • JJ Bones (Grand Daddy Purple)

• N.W.Green (Strawberry Kush)

• Janja (G-13)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Dmo137 (Organic grandaddy purp)

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have had a number of hairy ladies in my garden, its not that uncommon.

There are so many ways that I would normally respond, and unfortunately all of them are totally inappropriate! :)

Here's my entry for NOTM. It is off of my current grow, this is Gigabud. She just went into the curing jar. This is off of the G-Bud I chopped 4 days ago, the rest of the girls get chopped in 3 days.

DSCN02594.JPG
DSCN02622.JPG

I don't have a smoke report in this yet. I will get one up in the next two weeks after it's cured a bit. It has a grapefruity-piney scent to it. Very sticky bud. This is a G13 Labs strain and is purported to be a Indica/Sativa and is supposed to have an aromatic sweet hash flavor. I'll keep you posted.

For more shots of this and other buds, check out my current grow journal.

I have had a number of hairy ladies in my garden, its not that uncommon.
New keyboard please!

This is the best of the cured bud I got from my POTM entry, a World of Seeds Pakistan Ryder auto (sorry only one pic, and no trich shots):
Pakistan_Ryder_-_Day_90_-_Harvest_08.jpeg

This is going to be a tough competition this month, I can already tell! :popcorn:

Wow...so many delicious nugs to choose from...great entries everyone....this is going to be a very tough battle....lol....awesome...

I had a hard choice deciding which of my 2 newly cured buds to post, but decided to go with my Blue Dragon (sour diesel x blueberry). The plants were flowered almost 9 1/2 weeks under 400w MH and a 600w HPS in a Scrog Setup...soil medium with earth juice, and other organic additives...

The smoke report:
Taste: strong blueberry/berry taste, very fruity, leaves the air smelling like incents..
Smoke Character: very very smooth hits, no coughing, very enjoyable hits
High: very upbeat, social, motivating high, hits you right in the head and puts an immediate smile to your face...no couch lock at all...seems very much a sativa dominant high...
Appearance: sticky, very hairy with hints of purple in the sugar leafs, tons of trichomes...

DSC024761.JPG
DSC02478.JPG

WOW! Hard to compete with the heavy-hitters in here! I'm salivating just looking at the competition :yummy:

My entry is L.A. Cheese. I just harvested last Sunday, so they have been hanging since. Today they went to the jars to start curing. Not much else to say, except for this herb is soaked in resin and just reeks wonderfully. I don't know why it was called cheese, because it smells like a skittle factory...

IMG_62481.JPG

IMG_6260.JPG

Thanks for lookin! Good Luck to everybody!!! :Namaste:

first i would like to start off this post with a special :happy-birthday: to myself!!! my first birthday spent here with all you fine people!!! so now a special :thanks: to all of you, keeping my interest here, giving great advice, or asking questions, cus when there is a question that i dont know, i go research it, then i learn as well!!! so again :thanks: to all and happy growing!!!

:goodluck: everybody!!!

Yeah!!! great idea, and i am on the sampling committee too!! Wait, 420, add that to the jobs here, please!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:circle-of-love:

I like that idea! where do I sign up? :grinjoint: How about, last year's winners make up the panel that tests this year's entries, and so on? Crap! That means I'd have to win one of these to be on it.:)

I'm submitting these because someone asked if I was, so I figured I might as well. But looking at the competition I don't see how I have a chance... beautiful stuff, folks. Since I'm here though, I might as well post. :)

This strain came to me as a clone, so I can't authenticate the strain, but it is supposedly Matanuskan Thunderfu@k. It has little smell, little taste, and lays all over itself making it a pain in bloom, but it is pleasant to smoke and the stone is profound. It will leave you wondering what it was you were just doing or saying for 6 hours. No point fighting it. Often when I find something with a great taste and smell, the stone doesn't measure up. I mix it 50/50 with Matty and get the best of both.

I just harvested it after 70 days in boom. I grow in my own soilless mix and use organic nutes almost exclusively. I bloom six plants at a time, in nine gallon pots, under three HPS 600W and one MH 600W, aircooled, CO2 @ 1800 ppm. My journal lists every feeding, transplant and recipe I used.

20110811Aber-03.png

20110811Aber-05.png

Again, congrats to the rest of the entries. They are all beautiful and far more worthy than mine.

Edit: Since I still can edit, I figured I would go ahead and update the text. just finished weighing the smaller of the two plants these nugs came from: 13.9 oz and already killer. It just needs to homogenize in large containers and it'll be perfect.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom