420's Soil Purple Kush Journal

Thanks for info. You're probably right. I have seen where people have had success with topping autos. I'll probably try it myself next grow. I guess personally I wouldn't top during first grow or if the plant has struggled a bit from the beginning.

All good signs! These are hardy weeds and usually as soon as you correct whatever is holding them back they take off. :thumb:

I'm going to wait to too until maybe 7 nodes or better yet until it's very healthy looking. I agree that right now would not be a good time to top. And 8 colas after topping once? I thought topping only splits one cola into two? That's interesting. Update on the plant: tips look sindged and I think I gave it a little too much nutes. Idk why GH has me giving them enough to give the plant nute burn; looks like I'll have to continue the mindset of little to know nutes.

The theory I've heard is that manufacturers say to use lots to sell more bottles. 1/2 recommended is usually about right unless your grow setup is mega mega.

When I trimmed node 6, it stopped making leaves and the little growth nodes at the branches grew like crazy. Look at the summer deck grow in my sig file for details. The photos below pretty much tell the story.

This was a dwarf growing out on my deck that only got eight hours of sun a day from sunrise till 1 PM or so, but it did great considering--not the densest or most potent buds, but no electric bill either.

Snip node 6 21 days from seed
2017-06-19_Day_20_1100_Topping_005.JPG

8 colas emerge (Fake flowers for camouflage for the neighbors)
2017-07-09_Day_40_003.JPG

Here's how they looked a harvest.

Before chopping
2017-08-10_Day_72_HARVEST_009.JPG

After chopping
2017-08-10_Day_72_HARVEST_015.JPG

Nice plants!!! Got to be satisfying getting them to fruition! This morning the plants were looking great! They still are however now the leaves are kind of dropping down. I haven't watered in 3 days but it's also grown 1-2 inches closer to the light so maybe I should raise the light? Not sure. I definitely noticed an improvement in growth since I started watering only once every 3-4 days also. Just some background info.
IMG_541512.JPG
IMG_541310.JPG
IMG_54099.JPG
IMG_540810.JPG

Definitely looking better! As long as it's not showing any sign of stress, I'd would think that leaving the light where it is would be the best choice?

Looks like the stalk is thickening up. Do you have a fan on it to help the stalk develop some strength?

Definitely looking better! As long as it's not showing any sign of stress, I'd would think that leaving the light where it is would be the best choice?

Looks like the stalk is thickening up. Do you have a fan on it to help the stalk develop some strength?

Only signs that seem off about the plant is the yellowish lime green on that spindly plant (although the yellowish lime color has disappeared from all leaves except the new ones) and shiny looking droopy leaves on the healthier plant. Dropping started at some point today for some reason. Stilll looks healthy. And yes the stalks have gotten much thicker, I have a little fan blowing on them 24/7 which has done wonders for them.

So I checked this morning after thre lights turned on and the plant was perked back up. It's like once the light turned off it drooped; just to bounce back up once the lights turned back on. Interesting. I'm feeding them tomorrow, excited for that because the growth accelerated the past few times I fed.

Ok so here's an update. The healthier plant looks like it's about ready for topping, I may give it another day. It grew much faster than the other today, and is 19 inches away from the light while the other is 22 inches (you can tell the difference in one of the pictures I posted below. I'm wondering if something's up with it though because the top 2 nodes (newest growth) are somewhat shiny and curling up along the edges almost like how a slide is shaped. What could be the cause of this? As for the other plant, it almost looks like some of the leaves are too big for the stems to hold up and they are drooping. Growth is also slightly deformed (only one "little arm" on the bottom of the leaf instead of two. Not symmetrical in other words) and lime greeenish. Also, the little tiny leaves where the stems meet the nodes have gotten significantly bigger which I thought only occurs after topping, as you can see in my pics. Not sure if you guys have any tips or solutions but they'd be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance

IMG_541712.JPG
IMG_541812.JPG
IMG_541911.JPG
IMG_542110.JPG
IMG_54227.JPG
IMG_542313.JPG
IMG_54248.JPG
IMG_542510.JPG

It's looking better. I think I'm seeing a little bit of hooking of the tips, which is diagnostic for too much nitrate.

Internodal distance is pretty high. I'm thinking it wants more light.

It's looking better. I think I'm seeing a little bit of hooking of the tips, which is diagnostic for too much nitrate.

Internodal distance is pretty high. I'm thinking it wants more light.

You are seeing a little hooking, I believe I'm also seeing that and maybe slight clawing. So maybe ease up on the nutes? I was already at half suggested. Also, should I lower the light then? It's only 19 inches away. And what about the curling edges/ shiny ness? Or the other plants deformed growth/ small leaves where the nodes meet the stems growing significantly bigger? Also why that plant isn't stretching as much as the other? Sorry so many questions hahaha I'm just trying to learn for the future to correct any errors

Yeah, I would hold off on giving it any more nitrogen for a while. The hooking/clawing doesn't look bad, but it's there.

And yes, I would lower the light, and of course watch very closely for signs that the extra light is causing stress, but I think you could probably drop it down to 15".

I don't see the curling/shininess you mention, but photos aren't nearly as good as being there. (And white light is vastly preferable to blurple...)

Ok cool thank you ! And unfortunately the Vitrasepctar (or whatever they're called) lights don't have a blurple/white light switch. Instead I think they include all simultaneously.

And white light is vastly preferable to blurple...

Sorry, that was unclear. I meant white light is better for diagnostic photos. It's hard to evaluate under blurple.

I just read back through all the posts in this thread. I have thought throughout that you need more light, and I still do. Cannabis loves and needs lots of light.

Back
Top Bottom