420's West Hippie Grows Candy Kush & Krush, Goliath 1k MH/HPS DWC

If you’re under and its warm then sure bowls of water, wet towels but a humidifier is cheap. You’re on the upper basin of the basin of where you might look I believe?
Good idea, Nick! I have a humidifier here. I will experiment with it.

(EDIT: after reading Delta's post, maybe I should do some experimental crushing when my press gets here, before I start adding moisture, 'cuz it is so wet here already...)

I’ve got a cheap humidifier I bought 10 years ago and it only puts out a low mist but my ink bird rh controller takes care of the rest .
Ahhh.... this one.
1692101367250.png

I have a dehumidifier to bring it down which is tied in with the ink bird .
Oy...
Hmm.... :hmmmm:
Room rh hasn’t shown me any different pressing. but out of the jar you need close to 62% .
Ok, sorry, I never put the harvest in jars or bags. The air is so moist here that the stuff never goes dry. (The purple kush molded and I had to throw it away.)
I am originally from the West Coast, and after a few weeks, bud will become brittle and crinkle, so you have to trap the humidity in at some point. But I do not see that happening here.

When I was vaping, I used to empty the bowl and crush the solids, and take them with warm water. And when I first fished the bud tailings out of the bowl they were crinkly and toasty dry, and crushed easily. But if did not crush it, by morning it was no longer crispy, and I would have to toast it again, to crush it.

For another example, I put some bud in the air fryer for 40 minutes at 110C yesterday, and it was almost crispy. (Maybe one more shot and it would have been toasted.) But this morning, you can flex the sticks it again.

room temp 70f is better than 78f and 64 is much better getting the rosin off the parchment paper.

Ok, that is good to know, because it is cold here! I leave the grow room lights on 24x7 and the indoor temp in the morning is like 60F inside the house, and about 55F (13.2C) in the covered patio room (where I store most of the bud)...and if that meter is right, there is plenty of humidity here.

1692104282374.png

I checked the weather stats website, and we are in the dry season now, but it is hard to keep anything crisp for long, even in the dry season!

1692103202829.png

:hmmmm: And these guys are never accurate, but they are saying 93% humidity here, which is close to my meter (91%). And people are always battling mold and mildew and fungus here, so I am guessing there is plenty of rh.

1692104430175.png

Hmmm... so maybe I should just try a crush when it gets here, and see how it goes??

When you go back to Grandpa Tokin’s rosin thread down at the bottom it shows similar threads there are more excellent threads .

I will try to check when I get time, gracias!

The way I got my rh took 8 days was hoping longer but room temp 64f and inkbird set on 62% trimmed on day 7 and next day in the jar . Left the temp and rh 62% and 64f temp while in the jar in the jar for a 10 day cure for pressing. Pic to keep it at 62% rh once in the jar.

IMG_4803.jpeg

Ok, is that for adding moisture? Or taking it away?
'Cuz I suspect I might have "too much" moisture, so I should try it first before adding moisture.
:thanks:

Hey WH, could I pick ya brains about something please?

I have my little 4x4 grow with the 1000w HPS and 315CMH (actually the CMH is off now - dif story) and I’m about to flip to flower. On the HPS ballast I have a dial. Is the 1150 meant for say mid flower or similar? Or will immediately implode creating a mini black hole?

Any thoughts appreciated! I think I saw something in the manual but that has vanished.

Nick

IMG_5308.jpeg

I have my little 4x4 grow with the 1000w HPS and 315CMH (actually the CMH is off now - dif story) and I’m about to flip to flower. On the HPS ballast I have a dial. Is the 1150 meant for say mid flower or similar? Or will immediately implode creating a mini black hole?

Any thoughts appreciated! I think I saw something in the manual but that has vanished.

Nick

IMG_5308.jpeg
You usually use the higher setting on used bulbs not putting out according to specs anymore. That's also a reason to use magnetic ballast instead of digital ones because the will keep their output through many grow cycles compared to digital.

I've often seen people change bulbs after two grows with digitals and I could use my bulbs 4-6 grows.

Here is my Rh meter at noon in the covered patio area:
65.4F, and 63% humidity.
1692118989799.png

Nick

IMG_5308.jpeg
So you get to learn the hard way to , these bulbs get burnt spots on them and blocks parts of the grow or like @Wastei said . My digital ballast had the 1150 but never used it to get more light just bought another. Still they make 2 pound grows in a 5’x5’ tent .

sure is cold where you live? north pole?
I was going to thank you for the north wind . 29 days of 105+ and 59 over 100f . Neighbor brought B and I a six pack we are plowing fire breaks around there property’s . Rather do this than fight another fire , it’s not going to stop them all but helps . I’ll be back around dark thirty .

I was going to thank you for the north wind . 29 days of 105+ and 59 over 100f . Neighbor brought B and I a six pack we are plowing fire breaks around there property’s . Rather do this than fight another fire , it’s not going to stop them all but helps . I’ll be back around dark thirty .
Hahahaha, you are most welcome, West!
I hope you get all the fire breaks plowed down, so you and others can live safe.

fire breaks are very important and have been done for 1000s of yrs by natives.. bush burns etc..

just going to smoke this dosidos bud 4.5 months..

Closer to the South Pole awesome.
Hahahaha, yeah, I used to think that also. I think because they say "South America", and you think it is all in the Southern Hemisphere. But actually, South America begins a little bit north of the Equator. We are maybe 2-3 degrees north of the equator here. The country just to the south of us is Ecuador (haha, obviously so named because the equator runs through it). But yeah, I used to think that :)
Spring you doing an outdoor grow or is it possible that high up .
I was really thinking about it, West! I was thinking this valley would be just a liiiiittle bit warmer, but it turns out it is good, because in any of the warmer regions where coca grows wild, there is still narco traffic. Petro promises to elimiate all narcotrafficking laws (which many believe would heal the nation's civil war), but he just came up hot for criminal campaign donations, and many think he is on his way out.
We are praying that the rich people in Bogotá (who own everything) will see that criminalizing plants leads to mafia and narco-traficking, while de-criminalizing plants leads to healing the nation--and that that is what they want (but that is way off topic).
So anyway, we pray that the rich people will want peace, and act on it, like Petro was trying to do (cuz it would be really nice to move to a warmer region, haha!!) :D
🥶🥶🥶🥶

Anyway, I was really hoping for an outdoor rooftop grow! They have these mostly-flat concrete roofs here, and I put up a greenhouse. Haha, I even titled my thread "Rooftop Grow" or something ('cuz I really wanted to grow on the roof)! And long term I still do, but at the moment it is so cold here that I put up the lights inside, just for the extra house heat!!
Well, ok, also for the aroma! Haha!! Because I love the smell of a garden in bloom!!
:green_heart::green_heart:
And, all of my seeds are warm weather seeds! Hahahaha! So I figure to use what I have for now. We bought a piece of land and we want to turn it into some kind of organic eco-sustainable farm. Whoosh!! Is that a LOT of work!! Anyway long story short, when we get there I want to string a tarp as a simple raincover, and look-see if anyone makes a CBD strain for altitude. They have a couple of breeding houses here in Colombia, I have to investigate.
Anyway, it is cold right now, and I have my hands full. When we get to the property finally, I want to see if I can find or adapt some CBD sativas to the ground, regular male-female stuff.
But I spoke with one local shaman and his buddy who grow in a similar climate two valleys over, and he says yes, you can definitely adapt the warm weather seeds to the cold, they just grow at half the speed. But I guess some of the tropical sativas here live a long time, and can get real big. So I thought I would wait on that with anticipation, but if I want the plant to get big, I should use the CBD auto seeds that I have right now while I want to run the lights as house heat 24 x 7, and then when we get to the property, we will check out the breeders, to see who makes a good Colombian CBD sativa (or indica, or whatever) that is bred for this altitude.
And even if we cannot find them already made, the shaman's buddy told me that you can acclimate the tropical plants to this altitude, they just grow maybe half the speed.
Anyway right now it is cold in the house, and even with the lights running 24 x 7, still I am wearing layers and wool socks on my feet! Haha, oy va voi!!
🥶🥶🥶
This is NOT what I thought when I moved to Colombia, but it actually very tranquil here. Nothing ever happens here. They say all the troubles are down in the hot regions, especially along the coast. And if you go looking for trouble. Here the people will definitely give you the "Gringo Price" treatment, but nothing hostile. The people drive their motos at night without any headlights, and you do have to watch your step in the street (because you are not in Kansas anymore!!)
And precision could leave a little to be desired. They don't seem to think the difference between table salt and Epsom Salts means anything ("because they are both salts, right??"). But even if we stay in this valley forever, we are happy here up in the mountains. It rains really a lot, and the seasons are inverted (we are just leaving winter!!), but it is calm.
Haha, I guess that was a long answer!! Lol! Sorry!
I guess the short answer is I want to either find or adapt some CBD plants for in ground when we get to our place. Right now we juuuust got things stable, and now we are looking for the best architect and builders we can find (becuz we don' wanna be snobs or nuthin', but the local construction standards are a lot lower than what we need! I am in a 5 year old building, and already there are big thick cracks in all of the walls!). 😬🥶😬

Hahaha! 420 is a great and very welcoming forum. I hope I can start a "Covered In-Ground CBD Colombian Andes Grow" or something like that soon, but it seems like it makes more sense to do that one after we get to the farm. (And the way things go around here, prolly it will be like 2-3 years before we can actually move in...lol!).
Plus, it's crazy here! Loco-lombia!!
Get this, dude! On the Pacific side, summer was summer (hot and dry) and winter was winter (cold and wet). You had lots of wind in August, but "no hay problema"!
Only, now here on the Atlantic side (just two valleys away) we are just now leaving "summer", when it is colder, cloudier, and less humid! :hmmmm:
And now we are getting ready to enter "winter", when it is warmer, sunnier, and more humid! :D
After a year here, and I am just now learning what the seasons are??? :oops: LOL!!!
Here I need to grow indoors, in self defense!!
LOL!!!

Hahahaha, yeah, I used to think that also. I think because they say "South America", and you think it is all in the Southern Hemisphere. But actually, South America begins a little bit north of the Equator. We are maybe 2-3 degrees north of the equator here. The country just to the south of us is Ecuador (haha, obviously so named because the equator runs through it). But yeah, I used to think that :)

I was really thinking about it, West! I was thinking this valley would be just a liiiiittle bit warmer, but it turns out it is good, because in any of the warmer regions where coca grows wild, there is still narco traffic. Petro promises to elimiate all narcotrafficking laws (which many believe would heal the nation's civil war), but he just came up hot for criminal campaign donations, and many think he is on his way out.
We are praying that the rich people in Bogotá (who own everything) will see that criminalizing plants leads to mafia and narco-traficking, while de-criminalizing plants leads to healing the nation--and that that is what they want (but that is way off topic).
So anyway, we pray that the rich people will want peace, and act on it, like Petro was trying to do (cuz it would be really nice to move to a warmer region, haha!!) :D
🥶🥶🥶🥶

Anyway, I was really hoping for an outdoor rooftop grow! They have these mostly-flat concrete roofs here, and I put up a greenhouse. Haha, I even titled my thread "Rooftop Grow" or something ('cuz I really wanted to grow on the roof)! And long term I still do, but at the moment it is so cold here that I put up the lights inside, just for the extra house heat!!
Well, ok, also for the aroma! Haha!! Because I love the smell of a garden in bloom!!
And, all of my seeds are warm weather seeds! Hahahaha! So I figure to use what I have for now. We bought a piece of land and we want to turn it into some kind of organic eco-sustainable farm. Whoosh!! Is that a LOT of work!! Anyway long story short, when we get there I want to string a tarp as a simple raincover, and look-see if anyone makes a CBD strain for altitude. They have a couple of breeding houses here in Colombia, I have to investigate.
Anyway, it is cold right now, and I have my hands full. When we get to the property finally, I want to see if I can find or adapt some CBD sativas to the ground, regular male-female stuff.
But I spoke with one local shaman and his buddy who grow in a similar climate two valleys over, and he says yes, you can definitely adapt the warm weather seeds to the cold, they just grow at half the speed. But I guess some of the tropical sativas here live a long time, and can get real big. So I thought I would wait on that with anticipation, but if I want the plant to get big, I should use the CBD auto seeds that I have right now while I want to run the lights as house heat 24 x 7, and then when we get to the property, we will check out the breeders, to see who makes a good Colombian CBD sativa (or indica, or whatever) that is bred for this altitude.
And even if we cannot find them already made, the shaman's buddy told me that you can acclimate the tropical plants to this altitude, they just grow maybe half the speed.
Anyway right now it is cold in the house, and even with the lights running 24 x 7, still I am wearing layers and wool socks on my feet! Haha, oy va voi!!
🥶🥶🥶
This is NOT what I thought when I moved to Colombia, but it actually very tranquil here. Nothing ever happens here. They say all the troubles are down in the hot regions, especially along the coast. And if you go looking for trouble. Here the people will definitely give you the "Gringo Price" treatment, but nothing hostile. The people drive their motos at night without any headlights, and you do have to watch your step in the street (because you are not in Kansas anymore!!)
And precision could leave a little to be desired. They don't seem to think the difference between table salt and Epsom Salts means anything ("because they are both salts, right??"). But even if we stay in this valley forever, we are happy here up in the mountains. It rains really a lot, and the seasons are inverted (we are just leaving winter!!), but it is calm.
I guess the short answer is I want to either find or adapt some CBD plants for in ground when we get to our place. Right now we juuuust got things stable, and now we are looking for the best architect and builders we can find (becuz we don' wanna be snobs or nuthin', but the local construction standards are a lot lower than what we need! I am in a 5 year old building, and already there are big thick cracks in all of the walls!). 😬🥶😬

Hahaha! 420 is a great and very welcoming forum. I hope I can start a "Covered In-Ground CBD Colombian Andes Grow" or something like that soon, but it seems like it makes more sense to do that one after we get to the farm. (And the way things go around here, prolly it will be like 2-3 years before we can actually move in...lol!).
Get this, dude! On the Pacific side, summer was summer (hot and dry) and winter was winter (cold and wet). You had lots of wind in August, but "no hay problema"!
Only, now here on the Atlantic side (just two valleys away) we are just now leaving "summer", when it is colder, cloudier, and less humid! :hmmmm:
And now we are getting ready to enter "winter", when it is warmer, sunnier, and more humid! :D
After a year here, and I am just now learning what the seasons are??? :oops: LOL!!!
LOL!!!
You can bet we’ll be looking for that grow .

🥶🥶🥶🥶

🥶🥶🥶

LOL!!!
thinks it s the coke traffic!!!

Back
Top Bottom